The plant I work in is closing down, and I'm sitting on a huge pile of IT stuff I have to either destroy or throw away

The plant I work in is closing down, and I'm sitting on a huge pile of IT stuff I have to either destroy or throw away.
I'm free to do what I want with it, including destroying, giving away, ot taking stuff home.
Everything ranges from 3 to 20 years old, and we have everything a medium-sized plant needs to run; servers, (5+ years old) computers, screens, cables, a shitload of spare parts, you name it. I even found a 1986 Cherry MX mechanical keyboard in mint condition somewhere.

Any advice on what I should do with all that stuff? Things I should take home, stuff to do for fun, or for the greater good, whatever. I just feel like dumping everything would be a waste.
Pic semi-unrelated

Attached: 20171212_095826.jpg (4128x2322, 3.48M)

There's people who make a living just selling assorted junk like this on Ebay. Find one of them and sell it to them.

If you sell or give away, please post links.

Take the newer pieces at home, if anything they're free shit.
>free CPUs
>free M.2s
>free SSDs
>free MOBOs
>and the list goes on and on

I'm not really needy enough, and a bit too lazy to hoard out all that stuff and send it to some guy for chump change.
Taking every cable and component apart to get copper and an incredibly small ammount of gold isn't worth the effort either in my book.
I'm not really looking to make money, I'm rather asking if there's home projects or anything useful I can do with some of that stuff.
You don't bin servers, 50+ 2GB DDR3 and 300+ completely obsolete RAM sticks and hard drives everyday.

I'm from Europe, and I don't think anyone from here would bother travelling hundreds of miles for a few devices and parts.
But I guess I could send smaller stuff through mail if someone here is some kind of collector, and if they're willing to pay for the shipping.

Sell them cheap on eBay and share links here
Pls pls do it for your bros

Where you at OP? I'll fucking drive like 6 hours from Nebraska for some free shit like that. Or pay for shipping if you could send RAM, hard drives, maybe some towers or servers. How does this work on Jow Forums? Do I just make a throwaway email to post?

>I'm free to do what I want with it, including destroying, giving away, ot taking stuff home
Dumb dicks.

Take everything.

Europe as in not south England? This is the sort of stuff I'm looking for so I can set up test builds and have a couple of redundant servers. Just I never tend to hear of stuff like this in the UK as disposal companies take everything and 'recycle' it.

I would pay you for good server. If the price is right. Would you ship to EU?

OP, if you happen to have an old Dell keyboard there with alps switches.. We could make a deal i'm happy to pay.
(I live in Norway and could cover shipping).

Attached: 1522706051309.png (250x250, 72K)

any xeons? ill take a xeon

Look for SGI MIPS, Sun SPARC, or IBM/Apple POWER based workstations or even servers that are small enough to fit in your car/truck. These old non-x86 machines are getting tougher to find and more valuable as others age and break or get thrown out.

For someone who sounds like they lost their job you sound calm
Here's what I would do
>rent a storage area somewhere if you have to
>take everything I can
>sell what I'm not interested until you can get another job

He's in Europe

tell us where you are op, we're all obviously interested
if i was you i would just open my little shop and do IT related services, like hosting websites for local comerces

OP, what servers do you have? Can we make some sort of a deal?

Hard drives are still wiped clean using DoD-compliant formatting, or the platters just get physically destroyed if they're not spinning.

I already have trouble housing all my stuff, and I really don't feel like renting some storage area to keep junk I'm convinced nobody I directly know will ever need. Also, like I said, I'm not looking to make money, I just don't want to bin working devices and components.

I've been on Jow Forums for many years, and even though I know different boards have different general behavior, I quickly became reluctant to openly post my approximate location. Let's say somewhere around Benelux.

Most of our stuff is usual cheap work-aimed cheap crap, but sometimes I stumble on some old forgotten peripheral still in its box.
Some days are quite exciting, I get to fumble around in a deserted plant, look into closets and drawers for systems or peripherals, and sometimes I find unexpected things. It can feel quite surreal, for some reason.

Attached: 20180525_171041.jpg (4128x2322, 3.09M)

mate pump in a cheap gpu in those pcs and sell them as "fortnite machines". ride the hype

and also ga naar huis joh is al lang weekend gek

i would kill for some good ol drives especially if they are above 1tb

you have an email?

>I've been on Jow Forums for many years, and even though I know different boards have different general behavior, I quickly became reluctant to openly post my approximate location
that's fair, would you mind listing your stuff?
you can make a temporary email to discuss more in detail, like how to pay for the shipping in a way that respect you anonymity
that's unlikely, but if you find a thinkpad W701ds i want it

I'm assuming there are no thinkpads right?

an idea for you to either do yourself or to suggest to management is to auction the stuff off in a lot to some other business

Most drives are 80 Gb or less. Like I said, it's mostly old stuff. I think I saw one or two 250 Gb laying around, though.

I'm currently establishing a list, but it's quite tedious, and far from finished. I still have a shitton of work to so to make sure things end smoothly, and deadlines don't wait.

We had like 35 Thinkpads, a mix of T540 and T560, but those were sold to another company.
"Recent" (Less than 3 years old) systems were sold back, along with their components, this thread is mostly about what's left.

As a side question, what's so good about Thinkpads? This board seems to love them. From my experience the original hard drives are pieces of junk.

was it a nuclear powerplant? #Techthatkills

>As a side question, what's so good about Thinkpads?
I can't make a great argument for them but I personally like them because they're very easy to repair, most are very compatible with many linux distros, the older ones have great keyboards, I love the trackpoint, they're hard to damage so if you're some autist who constantly breaks shit then you'll have hard time destroying your thinkpad, and I just like the way they look.

>I'm currently establishing a list, but it's quite tedious, and far from finished. I still have a shitton of work to so to make sure things end smoothly, and deadlines don't wait.

A list would be lovely, i wonder how feasible it would be to get some of this stuff sent to interested anons.

>As a side question, what's so good about Thinkpads?
older models where realy sturdy and well built, best keyboard on the market, these are business laptops after all, but for modern product i'd say dell have now better built laptops

i don't mean to be annoying and all, but this thread won't last eternaly, pehaps it's time to post a temporary email or any way to keep in touch

bu;ping for the love of free stuff

Buddy if you get a temporary email (and a tripcode to post said email) I'd be willing to deal with you

>I don't think anyone from here would bother travelling hundreds of miles for a few devices and parts.
What is shipping?

>I get to fumble around in a deserted plant, look into closets and drawers for systems or peripherals, and sometimes I find unexpected things. It can feel quite surreal, for some reason.
I worked a temp job like this for half a year. I kinda miss it. The amount of cool crap I would find, old mech keyboards, thinkpads, routers etc :(

What country you're from?
I can use some of those devices you have

any tower that's core2 equivalent or better and has at least two jiggerbits of ram can have a large hdd thrown at it and turned into a server to sell on craigslit/ebay

>OP teased us and now he won't come back

I'll leave that here. Again, I'm not looking to make money. I just want to give this working stuff a second (or third) life.
To be honest, I don't see myself sending pallets worth of stuff to anyone here, but if you're interested in something I have that fits in a large briefcase, I may be able to send you stuff. This is a throwaway mail address, I'd advice you to use one aswell if you wish to discuss.
[email protected]

A man's gotta work, rest, and sleep, user.

>A man's gotta work, rest, and sleep, user.
alright, sleep well user, i'll send you a mail son you can keep us updated

I live in Europe. Where in Europe are you from? I wouldn't mind purchasing if you have a list of the equipment.

Thanks man, I'll be following up soon

bump

bump
I'm interested

I'm interested in buying any dual-socket board or 12+ cores processors. also i know its less likely to be in a place like that, but i'd also buy any fairly new quadro cards if you have any.

you know if those stuff arent so old but arent worth the trouble you can donate them to various charities around europe
most of them would be glad to even have a decent system laying around..

Have a bump