Malicious websites are now blocking EU internet users

>malicious websites are now blocking EU internet users
How is this a bad thing?

Attached: 1516983982903.png (1920x1080, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6i5WuBbfhss
huntonprivacyblog.com/2009/07/10/washington-court-rules-that-ip-addresses-are-not-personally-identifiable-information/
latimes.com/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

EU rangeban when? Jow Forums logs IPs, and IPs are personal information

it's not

they're are the only one loosing on it

ay

It's not. If a site is not compliant it's A HUGE FUCKING RED FLAG.

>Jow Forums logs IPs, and IPs are personal information
Only when they are associated with your natural person, for example when used in combination with unique identifiers such as logins, accounts or profiles. If you haven't noticed, Jow Forums allows you to post anonymously. Hence, Jow Forums is not violating GDPR.

Google your ip it points right to your house retard

No it doesn't.

THIS
if a site fucking does the range ban they are fucking spying on you on an insane degree
IP isnt that accurate, it gives you the rough location.

okay, I'll do it for you bud

WAAH WAAH ALL GOVERNMENT REGULATION IS BAD IT'S RUINING THE FREE MARKET FUCKING YUROS0YGOYS WAAAH ALSO I'M A GIANT FAGGOT MAGA PRAISE KEK don't tread on me pls thank you
happy now?

>Google your ip it points right to your house retard
hi summer

It's not, only adnetworkshills are complaining.

Listen up faggots, GDPR does not prevent entities from getting and storing users data, otherwise facebook, email providers, etc would all be outright illegal.
What GDPR does is force any service available on the net to publicly state what kind of data they save.
I manage some websites and servers, I store personal information like name, email, full IP address, etc and I will always be able to do so as long as I state it in the privacy policy.

you have to include an option for the users to opt out though

If the information you store is not needed for the service you provide and can be used to identify a user you must offer an option for them to opt-in in order for you to collect that information.

Well if the European citizens would vote in more parties to break away from the EU this would not be happening. It's time to have sovereignty.

Sure, just add a second button to the cookie bar you should already have that when is clicked redirect them to a blank page.
It is not like people read TOS or care about their privacy anyway.

All the data I store are needed for the service to work properly.
I need to be able to identify a user in case someone posts pizza or some other illegal shit.

>I store personal information like name, email, full IP address

Why you need store all those data? or your are other "I store and sell personal information for get $$$$"?

I think part of GDPR compliance is the requirement to provide a person a copy of the data they have on them, so wouldn't this make stealing identities easier?
Just go to midrange sites and demand you are X person and you want a copy of your data...

To cover my ass in case someone does something stupid like posting pizza.
IP address is used by piwik/matomo and fail2ban.

What's the service you offer?
Just because someone might do somthing illegal doesn't mean you have the right to their (irrelevant to your service) personal information

And if the service depends on it? As in can't be used without the data?

They also have to provide all the personal data they have of you in download form + it even needs to be machine readable. This is meant so another service - like an alternative site to Facebook - can import your data. Basically protecting the free market by it.

Ecommerce, websites with comment sections, etc.
That's not what the law says, I can store whatever the fuck I want as long as I publicly state so, you don't like the website, fine by me, just fuck off.
If you just visit the site the only thing I store is the IP address, nothing more, nothing less.

>They also have to provide all the personal data they have of you in download form + it even needs to be machine readable. This is meant so another service - like an alternative site to Facebook - can import your data. Basically protecting the free market by it.
This is something even half decent CMS already implement, not a big deal at all considering no one will ever ask me anything probably.

That is ok by GDPR only personal info cannot be saved. IP and hat does IP do is not considered personal info.

As far as I know its only some american liberal msm that is blocking europe. I see nothing wrong with that, I hope more liberal media follow and range ban all Europe

>if you visit i store your ip address
that's in violation of the gdpr though

no it is not.

How so?
It is clearly stated in the privacy policy and I need to store the IP address in case I need to ban your IP for whatever the reason I fucking want.

> I can store whatever the fuck I want as long as I publicly state so, you don't like the website, fine by me, just fuck off.
This is exactly the kind of thing GDPR prohibits now. You are only allowed to store data essential for providing your service and if you want more data you are not allowed to refuse the user to use your service if he refuses to give you the rights.

Yes, but I am the one who decides what I need for my service to run properly and fail2ban is a critical component of the software stack I run.
If the user don't like this can fuck right off by clicking the button in the cookie notice bar.

youtu.be/6i5WuBbfhss

Attached: okay this is epic.png (657x488, 585K)

You need an opt-in. Before you can use your service, so, not just visit it, but actually post, you need to tell the user that you'll collect this information to ban you if you violate your service's guidelines, aka posting pizza in your case. It is essential to your service, but by just visiting your site, it's not essential.

Lawsuit incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..

You are an idiot. IP address is ok, it's not ok to track users across multiple sites selling their info to whomever wants to buy.
Try to read with understanding you fucking burger cattle

Full IP is personal data, anonymized IP by removing last number is fine.

Its bad because i actually have a job unlike you NEETS and now my boss wants us to implement this shit even though we dont provide any services to europe

Good, EU cucked you faggot.
Work slave, work.

That is not how it works, knowing the IP address is critical for my service to run properly.
Of course you are free to ask me to remove all the data I have I will gladly do so.

Not really, I am not doing anything illegal.
GDPR is not yet a law in my country also.

Life requires hard work you autistic communist poorfag

This is exactly what §6.1.f was created for!
> §6.1.f processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
> "controller" means you as the owner of the webpage

It's really the "silver bullet" paragraph, if "data" selling is not you core buisness.

Good luck, seven proxies, etc

Stop screwing around on Jow Forums and start working on that GDPR compliance or I'm going to have to sue your company.

You cant sue i dont service europe and its demo day I dony have to do shit

You can't. You can only complain at your local Data Protection Supervisor.
Only they can issue fines.

God I wish gookmoot would block yuropoor IPs.

Send me a link to your company's website and we can find out what I can do.
Don't chicken out though, I'm waiting.

This not for you to decide but now up to the courts.

Lemonparty.com

Epic

Since IP address is the only data I store when you visit the site and this alone cannot be used to identify and deanonymize a specific user I clearly am not overstepping the users freedoms.

Yes it is if you agree to the TOS.

Sorry lemonparty.org

Google has your exact location once you turn on your GPS on your Android using your home router though.

What about the purchase and use of a Jow Forums pass?

Eurocucks cant Jow Forums pass anymore

I fucking hate the EU. Bunch of freedom hating commies.

Just a while ago you were talking about name, full ip address and "etc." (whatever that means). And thats a problem.

Just the IP is not a problem with GDPR at all.

>go to distrowatch
>try to turn tracking off
>get this
i guess ill continue using umatrix

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-25 19-26-38.png (2726x1530, 1.06M)

Very dangerous. If you do it wrong, e.g. With a "block page" you still receive request to you webserver.

You also block access to the legal or about pages, which can be a different (not GDPR) offense with different legal problems.

Again, if "data" is not your buisness, you are pretty save with a standard about page.

CΘCKΕΔ

actual laws trump ToS
agreeing to some random ass ToS does not remove your rights
courts will decide what is needed to run your service, not you

Attached: 220px-HUMANCENTiPAD.jpg (220x170, 12K)

I store name, IP, etc if you sign up to my service and post comments or buy shit.
And that is also perfectly fine since to sign up you have to agree to the TOS.

This is the prize of Freedom

If your TOS is not fucking retarded no one will ever argue against it.
My sites are much much more freedom respecting than most since I don't use any third party services.
It is just the site + self hosted piwik/matomo, no third party cookies, not google analytics, not ads in general, no kikeflare.

We're going in circles bro.
The user's personal data does not belong to you, if you have no reason to keep the data you have to offer an option for the user to opt-in into letting you store it.
I use your TOS to wipe my ass, it is not above laws and regulations, you can keep operating like you already do and will probably never have a problem but you are infact in violation of the GDPR and can be fined.

FUD again.
If the Information is NEEDED for the fulfillment of the "contract" you have with a user (visitor). You do not need consent.
Amazon needs your address to send you stuff. (no extra consent needed)
They want you consent to fuck around with your data

A few sites have already fucked up by making it required to consent to superfluous shit in addition to the actual agreement.

You cannot be forced to agree to be tracked by advertisers and this is the sort of thing Oath is trying to get away with.

I think theres something you dont understand.
>you have to agree to the TOS
This is no longer a freebie accoridng to GDPR.
You now have to proof that all of your data is absolutely necessary to provide your service, it matters not if the user signed anything or not.

That being said, where exactly the lines are of being "necessary" has now to be determined in court. If you say its necessary to save the data for security checks, hey, maybe that will fly.

And maybe it wont. But as I said, thats up to the courts now to draw the line.

>You now have to proof that all of your data is absolutely necessary to provide your service, it matters not if the user signed anything or not.
Wrong. The user must be able to FREELY CHOOSE, if the data isn't necessary.

But yes forcing anything invalidates it. And also:
>§7.3 It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent.

Ok, yes. Providers can add an opt-in option that allows users to gift them their data for free if they want to (whoever would want that but ok).

If you don't want to have your personal data recorded, just don't use the service, faggot. Don't break it for the rest of us, you retarded mongoloid. It's that simple.

My personal data belongs to me Mr. Shlomostein, you and your little business can go get fucked.

>that's not how it works
okay, but that's how it should work. Storing the IP to just show content is not needed for the service, so it needs an opt-in. If you want to be GDPR compliant you better change that or have fun getting sued for 4 million euros (which is 4.69 million usd).

desu if I hosted a website, I would block EU out of caution rather risk a huge fine for unknowingly breaking some EU law.

And it's your right to do that but if you want to do business in EU you will have to comply.

The unique identifiers are things like browser profiles
>What personal information is collected?
>Jow Forums collects and stores user information for postings.

they word it in a way that makes avarage joe think they recieve better service when they give up their privacy

anything short of forging your drivers license or id card is not really identity theft, just lies the jews have told you to cover their lackluster verification methods when taking loans et. cetera

Who doesn't likr personalized ADS?

So websites are only obliged to tell EU users about their data collection?
VPN in Europe prices will sky rocket.

They'll stay about the same because shit companies that don't want to stop tracking you will block EU based IPs.

Sadly for you the GDPR only works, if you or your "contractor" aka website provider/owner is located in the EU.

But you can still try lying via a VPN. This is what we Europeans do to watch US Netflix.

Then keep it, Mr. Shlomostein. It's like mailing someone all your IDs and then crying about it like a little bitch because you were too retarded to keep control over your personal information.

I can give you all my credit card information and it would still be illegal for you to use it.
You would land in prison or get fined, I would be free, no matter how retarded I was.

You cannot ask for information that is not relevant to your service, now backed by the law, so again, get fucked.

yeah, anyone on EU+EEA territories, so it's kind ambiguous for companies for whom they have to

>I can give you all my credit card information and it would still be illegal for you to use it.
Sure.

>You would land in prison or get fined, I would be free, no matter how retarded I was.
I'm glad we can agree you're retarded.

>You cannot ask for information that is not relevant to your service
Yes I can. Get mad.

>now backed by the law
Your "law" has no jurisdiction over me. Get mad some more.

>so again, get fucked.
Go cry to your mommy now.

No problem, give me a link to your website.

huntonprivacyblog.com/2009/07/10/washington-court-rules-that-ip-addresses-are-not-personally-identifiable-information/

aka:
The feds can not charge you with a crime based solely on your IP

>retards actually defending companies who wanted to sell your data without user consent
Ok now I get where the word "americucks" comes from. Go kys btw, you're a disgrace to your gene pool.

its literally this simple
normies are too fucking blockheaded to understand what competition is
you dont need to legislate certain market conditions. if even a large minority of people cared about privacy, companies would be forced to be more privacy focused without government regulation.

also, just dont forget that the new law exempts governments :^)

Still waiting for that link bro, we can figure this out, see who's right.

That's the USA's ruling, anyway. GDPR is EU regulation.

You are right, there is a big halo of uncertainty surrounding this law.
It is a fucking mess just like everything they decide in brussels.
My point was that I am not gathering any special data or anything that every other business does not also store.
Fuck, even wordpress when you post a comment to a post save name (which can be a nickname), email and IP address and I am pretty fucking sure bone stock wordpress is actually GDPR compliant.

Storing the IP address alone is not enought to deanonymize the user and I am totally within the law if I store that information without asking for consent.
When you sign up or comments I also store other information but after you signed the TOS with which you grant me the right to store your name (or nickname), email and IP address.
I already wrote it 3 or 4 times, it is like you fags can't read.

>hurr durr im too retarded to avoid services that i disagree with, therefore the government needs to force all services to do something i want
Good God you're fucking retarded. Everything this law does could be done to an even further extent without the involvement of the state if people boycotted companies that don't have decent privacy standards.

Typical brainlet who thinks government is the solution and not the problem.
Meanwhile, your local government is keeping a detailed list of every single breath you make all while you think they're out there "protecting your privacy"

Not him, but latimes.com/.

Do you even understand what we are talking about?

This.

Where's the link faggot?

>hurr durr I'm too retarded to avoid countries where child rape is illegal
This is your brain on cuck.

The link to what you fucking retard? I'm a different person.