When was the last time you upgraded your computer Jow Forums or are you still living under a rock?

When was the last time you upgraded your computer Jow Forums or are you still living under a rock?

Attached: HDDvsSSD.jpg (800x389, 57K)

2500K, reporting in. When I feel that this CPU cannot handle my needs, I will upgrade.

...so... see you in 2025, maybe?

>upgrading
Only faggots do that. Real people buy a new computer every ten years or so. What's even the point in upgrading? Are you using your computer to play or something? Makes no sense to me.

The only reason gaymurs upgrade these days is because of braggin rights and a sense of "knowledge" on pc parts. (which most of them don't have). They are the consumerists who buy that expensive car without knowing anything about it's inner workings.
bragging rights and a level of status. lmao.

Last minor upgrade was last week when I installed a 500GB HDD to add to the existing capacity (drive was free, and it's to be used as a buffer disk so I can shuffle shit around and get things organized). Last major upgrade, if it could be called that, was the replacing of the slave GPU in the main rig (GT440 144) with a GTX 645.

Added two 2t hhd drives in raid0 for storege, and a extra 240gb ssd for programs. Got the PC a month ago should do me for a few years.

Q6600/8 GB DDR2/256 GB SSD
Still living under a rock.
Runs linux fast enough and does what I want it to do though.

Still using a 2600k overclocked to 4.2 on 16 gb of DDR3.

I've upgraded the HDD to a SSD and put in new graphics cards over the years, but the core of the system has been the same. (Currently have a 1060 in it)

bought a new gpu a year ago
gtx 1050 ti

>2600K

That really won the lottery with best ageing CPU's didn't it?

It's nuts how versatile it still is in the current market.

I built my current i5 6600 system back in November 2015. Used an older AMD 7870 Tahiti LE GPU.

Last major upgrade was getting a GTX 1070 back in November 2016 for $366 before the prices went crazy.

some 10gbe cards

Q9550 herrenrasse

>2003
>added an active cpu cooler instead of the passive on my AMD athlon 1999

bought a new pc 3 months ago after 8 years with the same old piece of crap.

R9 390 2 years ago.

About a month or two ago, added another SSD, 5TB HDD and a GTX 1080. Upgraded from a GTX 970. Was worth it just to get away from the 3.5 meme

HDD > SSD
Wake me up when 4TB SSDs are $100 so that I can put 8 of them them in a RAID pool.

>2013
>Radeon HD6670 --> GTX 660 1GB
>Dual-core Sandy Bridge Pentium @ 3.0GHz --> i5 3570k
>upgraded power supply
>4GB DDR3 1333 --> 8GB DDR3 1600

and it's all been the same since. it does pretty much everything I want, and I mostly use my laptop now anyway. games are for kids.

I upgraded the PSU yesterday, its eery yet comfy that the fan almost never turns on now.

It's better to upgrade things as necessary instead of buying everything in one go. When you do a "major upgrade" you often end up compromising on a few things to meet your budget. I'm still using the same ATX case since 2005 because there's no need for a new one.

>he doesn't live under a rock

2013 and that was only going from a 560ti to a 770 because my 560ti died 2 years after getting it. My 770 has lasted to this day hope it don't up and dies on me too. Thought of maybe going from 8 to 16gb of ram recently but then I saw the prices even for my old ram and was like oh hell no.

3770k here, still comfy

WHEN THE FUCK WILL MID-END GPUS STOP BEING $300 OR MORE

I've "upgraded" my machine (T420) to run with 2 HDDs. I wanna get a SSD for my Debian GNU/Linux drive.

This is my laptop probably 12 or so years old
The disk is actually 80gb, I didn't mount it.
Top this for real.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-26-00-44-16-699_com.miui.gallery.png (1080x1920, 1.54M)

Just put a 512gb ssd in last year. My 3570k+660ti are fine.

I can attest because my gaymer friend bought prebuilt gaymur pc isntead of building own. im like bruh

A couple of months ago. Upgraded a 2nd gen i7 to an 8th gen. SATA SSD to NVMe RAID 0 and put in a GTX1080