I LOVE THE EU

let the bullying begin
noyb.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pa_forcedconsent_en.pdf

Attached: ss-2018-05-25-16-29-23.png (772x271, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/05/25/tronc_chicago_tribune_la_times_gdpr_lock_out_eu_users/
youtube.com/watch?v=F-NkI-W9PMQ
gafam.laquadrature.net/
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://gafam.laquadrature.net/
gdpr-info.eu/art-7-gdpr/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hella fucking b*sed

Attached: thumbs.jpg (398x500, 19K)

OH NO NO NO
ANTISEMITES

Attached: jewanxious.png (183x232, 21K)

A good ol' cleansing of Europe from American business would be fabulous.

I'm fed up with American culture being force fed to us through corporate propoganda.

This have you see how much Bulgarians have sold their souls to American businesses it's Disgusting

i mean this is pretty funny but what are the consequences of this, if any?

>didn't read lmao

Attached: 1366969361082.gif (172x149, 552K)

i'm confused as fuck by this. so say you're on facebook, login and it pops up saying

>Hi, we're GDPR compliant now so to keep using our service you need to sign here saying we can sell your data and track you
>If you don't agree then you are free to close your account

is this not allowed? do they have to give you access to facebook without tracking etc?

it's 7 because 6 would have been too obvious

Didn't read the article, but I suppose it's like the cookies controversy: You actually would have to agree first, but when you're being asked, it's already too late. E.g. you search on google, google delivers results and only afterwards asks for permission from you to do so.

what you mean? besides that everybody's glued to their phone

>One the first day of GDPR noyb.eu has therefor files four complaints against Google

Good for them, but it's hard to take this PDF seriously with those spelling errors...

>be company
>get used by user
>it turns I now raped them

doing gods work

Based money grubbing jew lawyers

It's not allowed. If harvesting your data isn't an essential part of the service they provide you with, then they can't force you to consent to it.

Essential meaning essential for the user, not the company - if you wanted to enable facial recognition, then processing your facial data would obviously be essential, but they could let you use the site just fine without selling your data, even if they'd be unable to make a profit doing so, so that login prompt wouldn't count.

EU SINGLE HANDED MAKING THE WORLD GREAT AGAIN

DEATH TO BIG BROTHER

>GDPR compliant now so to keep using our service you need to sign here saying we can sell your data and track you
That isn't GDPR compliance.

hunting for GDPR bullshit is an interesting sport.

Tumblr for instance has you unselect around 200 different ad companies when you want to not be tracked by them

Attached: ohcomeon.png (767x926, 64K)

This. Companies cannot collect data that aren't essential to providing the service.
You may, if you want, agree on sharing it for some "benefits", but you can't be defied a basic service if you don't.

>gonna buy EU vpn
All right commies, you won.

And i'm sure there's no "disable all" button.

If there is, I didn't find it.

Opt-out is not compliant with GDPR as well. Quick, somebody sue them for dat ez money.

It just shows how much they rely on user information so much so that following gdpr rule only to make their whole system is completely useless

all this was envisioned a long time ago: eu, after going full liberal, will now obligatory become more conservative (tech wise too) with the people turning into reactionaries. Britain shall never have left.

>make joke video of dog doing hitler salute
>door kicked down
>get arrested

wow am I sure glad gdpr saved me from getting targeted amazon ads.
BASED EU

Attached: smile.png (675x694, 34K)

You will still get arrested for saying shit online in most of western europe

the government just doesn't want competition when it comes to spying on their citizens

say what you want about ((EU)) but their anti-monopolistic and privacy laws are godsend

Just another reason why the UK want to leave the EU. So they have free reign to go even more 1984 on us.

There are things you can't say in virtually any country. As widespread as not being able to call for terrorism or be racist or as specific as burgerland public TV not being allowed to swear on air.

Has nothing to do with a spying monopoly.

Attached: 1525824960604.jpg (566x566, 22K)

>i-it was just a prank bro

Attached: thad epic joker.png (2315x2967, 2.42M)

>This. Companies cannot collect data that aren't essential to providing the service.
can't they just argue that they pay the server costs from selling your data even though it's nothing to do with their service? therefore selling your data is essential

>threaten to murder someone just like you do every day on your epic 4chans
>wtf why are the cops at my door, stop spying on me

No.

> When Verizon's opt-out for their "partners" that help provide services and targetted ads includes 322 companies.
Holy shit.

Also they still weren't privacy by default.

No, they can't, same way they can't claim slaves are necessary to cheaply staffing the offices. Its against some wording that I can't find right now AND (also important in the EU) against the intent behind this law.

dafuk well GDPR actually sounds breddy good

I'm gonna laugh when google charges for stuff

Obviously there are still big problems but it's a large step in the right direction.

Wait, didn't he get out of jail?

theregister.co.uk/2018/05/25/tronc_chicago_tribune_la_times_gdpr_lock_out_eu_users/

Let the salt flow

And nothing of value was lost

Why would anyone in the EU care? We have enough own fake news creators on this continent

Holy shit

Wait, so are they only gonna abstain from doing this to European IPs?

Attached: image.jpg (598x927, 218K)

He's Austrian tbf.

Legitimately this.

When Theresa May was the British interior minister, she was the driving force behind the Snooper's Charter and constantly railed against the EU her mass surveillance laws being struck down in the Court of Justice of the European Union.

Now she's the fucking PM leading her country out of the EU, you can be damned sure she'll be going full 1984.

God, normies are so fucking stupid. They're only just now waking up to the fact that if you aren't paying for it, then you are the product. IF NIGGERS PAID FOR CONTENT THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The adpocalypse wouldn't have happened because ads wouldn't have remained overvalued for so long only to crash and burn to the point of where the most specific, targeted advertisement is still worth practically nothing. This data harvesting wouldn't have occurred because companies would have paid for bandwidth using customer funding, not through super shady shit to continue to be able to provide the service for "free" to literally billions of fucking people. You don't see Netflix selling user data -- although they do collect it for the purpose of giving you better recommendations or something -- because they make their money from people actually PAYING FOR FUCKING CONTENT. Zero ads. No shady data selling and privacy invasions just to stay in business. We need to migrate to paid social media platforms or just ditch them altogether.

Presumably they'd try to limit the number of users whose data they can't exploit. so yes.

As a continuation, I have a question - How did SomethingAwful curate such an incredible and quite impressively sizable community using a paid model? Would it be possible to create something similar in today's digital environment?

UK will be keeping the GDPR, and even has plans to extend it

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=F-NkI-W9PMQ

I hope they do, their services are worth paying for.
I'd rather pay for a product than be the product.

Fuck subscriptions though.

m8 I legitimally hope every single US site blocks EU IPs, so I can be free of this nightmare

Shut the fuck up you cock mongler. I know for a fact you are Russian because Russian mobsters buy land en masse for their families to settle while they slave away in the motherland.
Get the fuck out of here with your americanophobia

Depends on the company and how much of their business depends on it, since the trouble of maintaining two sets of standards may not be worth it. Microsoft, for instance, is implementing the changes worldwide, while Facebook is going out of their way to keep them within Europe.

The only thing (((EU))) is gonna cleanse Europe from is white people.

The ride will never stop

gafam.laquadrature.net/
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://gafam.laquadrature.net/

Attached: 1200px-La_Quadrature_du_Net.svg.png (1200x1200, 71K)

>forced consent
Please nobody tell the incels this one neat trick!

Attached: 1500350459270.jpg (832x961, 119K)

>being anti free market communist fags

Big if true. Don't forget MS too.

Attached: 1521605253782.png (1000x820, 1.13M)

Oh no, the government is preventing me from swearing on my broadcast television station!

Oh wait, who fucking cares. Nobody watches broadcast television and approximately fuck-all people broadcast on it. Restrictions on broadcasting are de facto restrictions on corporations not private citizens. Meanwhile it's perfectly legal for me to walk down the street and say Hitler did nothing wrong or to make my dog do evil nazi salutes.

>being 12

>be european

honesstly, people should demand reparations for the past 15 years, especially women and poc

someone start on the logo and hashtag campaign

Do European normalfags care about this stuff? Will they get upset about being banned from websites because of this?

>not being european

enjoy getting cucked by corporations, you embarassed millionaire, you

>be european
>try to buy license for state mandated television
>get stabbed by gibs at the chip shop
>get arrested for not having a license for the knife in my stomach

Attached: 1523087204513.gif (226x176, 64K)

Does this applies for mobile apps too?

>IF NIGGERS PAID FOR CONTENT THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
But that's wrong. Even when you pay for a product they still show you ads, because they can.

Cable television was sold to consumers back in the 80s as something that would get rid of commercials because you were paying for it. Except it didn't take long for damn near every cable channel to have ads on it. And even nominally ad-free channels that you pay for like HBO are packed to the brim with product placement.

And on the internet, look no further than Hulu or various newspaper subscription paywalls. Hulu has ads even when you're paying them and newspaper websites hidden behind paywalls are still showing you ads and have corporate press releases disguised as articles.

in german and sweden? yes, definitively. other where, i don't really know.

>IF NIGGERS PAID FOR CONTENT THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

>pay for HBO
>receive ads

you mean british?

Lol no. Normies numb their minds on benzos and prolefeed while blissfully ignoring everything going on around them.

The UK is no longer in the EU
they’re probably the only first world country more embarrassing than the US

What if everyone was literally the owner of their own data?
What if everyone just ran their own "microblog" that connected to a decentralized network of other blogs? Then they could be the arbiters of what data they allowed people to see or not see.
Obviously there's an issue of revocability but it's better than letting some shady jew decide in your place

This Facebook shit is nonsense and the fact that we need a big company to tell us that we need multi-billion dollar infrastructure to host all of our personal data is ridiculous

They put people in prison for complaining about rapists and child molesters.

>all sites have "updated our policies"
>not a single one has the balls to also have "here's a list of what changed"
The only flaw with GDPR is not forcing sites to have diff tools for their rules/EULAs/whatever

Attached: 1526782309458.png (174x127, 5K)

They put people in "prison" to maintain the illusion that the UK isn't a prison island to begin with.

they havent officially left yet

Won't change anything. Google alone is ~60 billion heavy.

japan
>they’re probably the only first world country more embarrassing than the US

So what services can companies all tie to non essential data collection, if anything? Can they offer a basic version of their site that still performs the expected/necessary service that it's meant to provide in order to cut down on hosting costs that are normally paid from datamining, and offer a full version of their site in exchange for non essential data collection (such as NPR's text only site that you're directed to if you don't consent)? I'm interested in if the text only web future talked about in that other thread is actually a possibility.

The more it's worth, the more 4% becomes.

Truly are they /our search engine/

Attached: Capture.png (788x179, 21K)

StartPage is such an asshole, eh uses Google as its business model and doesn't afraid of suing it too

Shame their reliance on google breaks the results too often.

Same model as classic Scroogle except it also steals image search results from Bing.

Presumably it's up to the business to prove that 'X' piece of personal data is essential to running the business.
Theoretically, if all you wanted to do was use Google Search and that's it--Google would not be able to acquire ANY personal data from you at all.
It would however be able to ask you if you wanted them to track you everywhere to improve search suggestions... not that anyone is idiotic enough to unironically believe that targeted advertising is a good thing

Is it possible to opt out from this EU thing?

Maybe with ad blocker?

Are you retarded? The UK is still a member.

They already sold your data, now it has to be possible to say you're closing your account Facebook needs to contact all third parties to delete that data or they eat shit like they should.

startpage is literally a parasite living on google behalf.

Does Jow Forums comply with the GDPR?

and that's a good thing!

Probably not if you're not also blocking cookies. If you're logging in someplace they have to deal with your data.

>tfw have to adblock "Cookie notifications" when they literally can't set cookies

Which is great, except that the results are only as good as google gives you.

startpage is proprietary nigger shit. Use searx.

I assume they violate clause 4 of article 7. I.e they are requesting consent, saying its necessary for continuation of service, but in these cases, it isn't?

gdpr-info.eu/art-7-gdpr/

lol some company i've never signed up to sent me through a GDPR email just now

consent is implied if i don't unsubscribe right....

Attached: email_image.png (434x294, 8K)