So how's privacy in Windows now that this is a thing?

So how's privacy in Windows now that this is a thing?

Attached: 0_5U_iXBfOw4wIYAwx_.png (1548x572, 153K)

>windows
>privacy
Laws won't stop them.

wait, microsoft still exists?

They will be fined and forced to deliver as much NSA free OS in Europe as possible.

It's not like their source code is publicly available. GDPR doesn't affect operating systems directly.

Them sending things without consent would be in violation.

They have to disclose what kind of information they gather and what they use it for. Disable buttons also have to work and not be just a placebo.

Attached: 15109331939270.jpg (1080x1331, 66K)

akschually, they would have to get informed, active consent - silence/opt-out as consent isn't an option anymore.

it probably killed their azure sphere project

As an American I'd get windows 10 if I could grab a european version without all the ad/telemetry shit in it.

removing windows spying breaks it
nothing can stop them

>exploding kneecaps
*can't even kneel in the land of the free*

>now that this is a thing
They released pic related long before Jow Forums started to talk about the GDPR.

Attached: 1.jpg (765x633, 111K)

shhh, Jow Forums doesn't care.

So the N version might actually be useful?

All Jow Forums cares is shitposting.

Yeah an N version that was more than just removed media player shit, actually freaking useful.

top kek! Microsoft will abandon ship and will threaten to delete every Euro fag's Windows 10 install before they comply with your shitty laws! Who the fuck do you think you are going up against the king of computers?! Microsoft will single handedly bring the EU to its economic knees if you fuck with them! Know your place Eurotrash!!!

Attached: Lmao.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>violation
>kek

Your shitty EU laws won't do a goddamn thing to Microsoft. All they have to do is flinch and the EU will bend the knee.

>Yea sure, let's just abandon the second largest economy in the world
>We totally won't get sued out of our ass for abandoning our agreements with literally every single school/business in the entire region

The last, Spring, update enabled toggles for pretty much any OS component that concerns private data. So if you want to disable apps' access to you mic, you now have a global toggle and individual toggles per installed apps.

Same for bluetooth, email, feedback etc.

So yeah, basically Microsoft already solved the GDPR issue before it was the case.

And they adapted their privacy policy for microsoft accounts too, so you can go and read about the changes if you're that interested.

There's also a new app installed by the latest update which lets you see all the data they are getting from telemetry, like device characteristics, errors, you know all the typical stats related to how the OS performs on certain hardware.

Where's the option to say "I don't consent to sending any telemetry data to Microsoft at all"? Not "minimal" telemetry, no telemetry.

the tracking and data mining has to be opt-in, i.e. turned off by default, not opt-out to be gdpr compliant. what microsoft is trying to do is still illegal in the EU and they'll face the consequences for trying to weasel themselves out of this one soon. same story with tumblr, where you're asked to manually disable over 200 trackers, or twitter where they're trying to force you into accepting their crap by threatening to delete your account. this is all not gdpr compliant, but it will take a few weeks until the lawsuits happen.

God, that'd be glorious to see in action. Fuck the data merchants.

Why don't they just have a blanket prohibition on the use, sale, or transfer of personal data for advertising or marketing purposes, regardless of opt-in/opt-out?

no idea, i guess people (normalfags) might complain when they don't get their personalized ads anymore. some services might become unusable to EU users.
a complete ban would probably be great. though the gdpr is about giving people more control over how their data is handled, not to take that control away. if you really want personalized ads, you should have that option available to you.

Well, I agree in principle with punishing fraudulent data miners, but if Windows doesn't collect personally identifyable information like real names, phones, addresses, then maybe the kind of data they collect doesn't fall under the GDPR.

How is Jow Forums going to continue its ``Microsoft is the devil'' narrative if you keep posting evidence to the contrary?

you are correct, gdpr only covers personal data, i think telemetry will still be a thing. it's up to the courts to decide what is and isn't considered 'personal data'. the next few months are going to be pretty exciting!

Yeah, hopefully we can turn this shit off without needing to use cmd.

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_2018-05-26_09-27-29.png (539x969, 81K)

microsoft couldnt even do this in the US with its shitty consumer protection and dereliction laws without being sued into nonexistence 10 times over

Kek'd for believing it'll really be any different.

Or better yet, abandon winblowz and install Linux.

They'll just collect data without telling you, and if you reverse engineer their product to prove that you're doing it, they'll sue you for violation of their EULA that explicitly tells you that you're not allowed to reverse engineer it.

when your iq = your age

It's a shame that reverse engineering isn't illegal and EULA has no legal ground, isn't it.

and you can sue them too with GDPR laws.

Well sir, pick your popcorn, report microsoft to the EU and watch two assholes fighting each other.

Only effects companies based within the jurisdiction of the European Union. So Ibm, Microsoft, Apple, various Chinese companies are not affected.

Is it summer already?

maybe read the law before posting nonsense about it. any company that wants to conduct business in the EU is affected.

So will Windows 10 European LTSB be the new meme?

OH SHIT

i get it because he must be really young, wow Jow Forums really is this funny

>to its economic knees
amerifart
kneeling

can't do that

So, why do we have the EU again?

Meanwhile burgers will chant fuck EU and choke on that big corporate cock like good cucks they are. Don't judge them, being only 56% white means they slave genes will take over in situations like this one. Slave fighting for their masters. Like poetry

Hey, tone it down a little. He's a burger, he needs to be 100k in debt so his masters would teach him reading comprehension. He is free to choose

Microsoft is probably in deep shit. Back home the gov is at their neck so they fulfill their spying obligations. Now the EU will legally rape them for being compliant to US law and spying.

or alternatively they comply and add a button

Attached: button.png (833x702, 206K)

When I was updating about a week or two ago they made me check if I want there bullshit

one literally said "send all typing data to microsoft"

I want to use linux but muh gaymes

Another placebo switch, the maximum it will do for your privacy is not share your desktop wallpaper.

>I want to use linux but muh gaymes
just dual boot senpai lmao

but i'll still have windows