Tech dummy here, recommend me a laptop for work Jow Forums

tech dummy here, recommend me a laptop for work Jow Forums
> commuting a lot so must be slim and light weight
> preferably looks sharp
> doesn't play games
> must have great screen
> battery should last long
> budget up to $1200

Attached: hp-spectre-13-v011nd-review-laptop-hw4all.com-00-620x400.jpg (620x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/pt/pt/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-e-series/ThinkPad-E585/p/22TP2TEE585
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>doesn't play games
I don't think they sell laptops with the MDA display adapter or CPUs under 4Mhz anymore.

macbook pro 13 without touch bar

There's value in productivity too, but what do you know?

I know that any modern computer can run games, even if has a shitty IGP video.

Is Mac book pro considerably worse than air?

Meant to say I don't play games.

>Single fan instead od dual on with touchbar

Attached: A31313E5-B9F3-44EE-858D-A241D8593E66.jpg (800x614, 73K)

Meant to ask "is air a lot worse than pro.

Yes, especially because the newest one you can get still uses 2015 CPU, it overheats like crazy of because shitty cooling system and has non-Retina display which is basically the same thing you'd get in a $300 chink laptop.
Not that Macbook Pro doesn't overheat, cooling in Apple products really sucks. Mac Air has one advantage over Pro and it's the keyboard that doesn't shit bed every time there's some dust in it.
Unless you really like macOS stay away from new Apple products, they're cool fashion accessiories but the engineering is nowhere it used to be.

Thanks for the info, your post reminds me a good cooling system would be great as well. What would you recommend buying though?

anything with ryzen or their apu

Thinkpad Tx80 with display upgrade. Premium package for premium people

Unironically ThinkPad from the X series, it that's "slim" enough for you. Otherwise, a Dell XPS.

>laptop for work
What KIND of work?

I'm seriously pissed how NO ONE in this thread asked about this absolutely central fact.

Thinkpad x220 with Gentoo

Shitposting on Jow Forums, obviously

> Jow Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

If it can power things like Excel, word, and AutoCAD sometimes it should be fine. The major thing is I will be taking it from office to meeting to work sites etc etc. Also the traffic here is absolute shit so I am expecting around at least 2 hours spent on cars daily. Want to get shit done commutinh if I can.

Dell XPS seems good

Gentoo is better

To be fair, we do recommend gentoo a lot

www3.lenovo.com/pt/pt/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-e-series/ThinkPad-E585/p/22TP2TEE585

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-e585-hero.png (725x515, 74K)

You can combine them, dingus.

Lurk the fuck more before posting, worthless shitstain

>doesn't play games
Uhhh user? That doesn't exist.
Unless you make your own dingus OS™.

HP zBook