What do you think about tildes, Jow Forums?

What do you think about tildes, Jow Forums?
>inspiration from usenet and reddit
>fast as fuck
>privacy
>no ads
>F(L)OSS

Attached: file.png (1121x650, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.tildes.net/announcing-tildes#limited-tolerance-especially-for-assholes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i like the colour layout

good color layout, can't take the actual platform seriously

blog.tildes.net/announcing-tildes#limited-tolerance-especially-for-assholes
Its shit.

nobody wants it to end up like voat, because without that policy, it would end up like voat.
i.e. alt-right echo chamber

Voat exclusively appealed to people who got banned from reddit, so that was their userbase. I’d still rather post there than a site where you get banned for being an “asshole”

>implying
I never said in my post I wanted no rules concerning what can and can't be posted but you can't expect me to get behind something that uses vague terms like "hate speech" and "harassment" which are completely subjective.

don't be an asshole then

Things tend to become an echo chamber either way. If they get predominantly used by alt-right Jow Forumsacks, then it will become an alt-right echo chamber. If those are banned, it will become an sjw or sjw-lite echo chamber.

The only alternatives are to either a) not discuss politics or controversial issues (works on special-purpose niche communities, not really a good option for a general discussion platform) or b) enforce strict tone control without content control, meaning you can argue for gassing all jews and blacks without repercussions but you can't spout things like "lol basedboy" or "gas the kikes". Which would require strict unbiased human moderation, which would be very difficult and expensive.

ok you make a point. but I still think it's better to play it safe while the community is in its infancy and developing, and then maybe remove restrictions later on.

Why the hell would you remove restrictions later in the lifespan of a website? If anything its the other way round, particularly with a website that uses log ins as you're much more likely to recognize users.

Because if it develops with a certain type of community like voat, only those kinds of people are going to want to join it, so it sort of snowballs.

Voat emphasized its whole free speech thing, so of course it attracted more people like that.

Who is this actually aimed at?

People who are concerned about online community websites selling user data, or going overboard with advertising, or making otherwise harmful decisions to the user. It was founded by a developer for reddit.

Literally no one that uses mainstream social media cares about any of that though.

>

Attached: file.png (239x37, 4K)

>mainstream social media
Do you struggle to read?

i'd say the majority of Jow Forums uses mainstream social media

Have you never seen a botnet bingo?

Nobody on Jow Forums is going to use a website that so openly censors its users

What's wrong with this? That was the norm before social media sites that were too large to have regular mods and therefore required a more hands off approach took off.

>allow hate speech
>doesnt define hate speech
every single time

See .

>ban hate speech
>doesnt define hate speech
every single time

/thread