Hey Jow Forums, I got a job!

Hey Jow Forums, I got a job!
What is the best hardware (also must have MIDI support) synthesizer for under $2,000?

Attached: image001.png (656x300, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUT01p-C2xo
youtube.com/watch?v=sNLL9VYjHMA
youtube.com/watch?v=b_QqgKppa74
youtube.com/watch?v=4O7i7euB4qY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy a decent MIDI one fo $250 and use a VST

Korg MS2000/microKORGxl are pretty fine ang you can get one for $500

Some synthesizers haven't been emulated perfectly with software yet.

i really, really, really depends on the sound you're looking for. different analog synths (you'd have to be a complete idiot to buy a hardware digital synth) these days have their own unique sounds. you first have to ask your self what features you want; do you need polyphony or do you just want to use one for one off synth lines and can go with a monophonic synth?

also, you really don't need a synth to have built-in midi support. midi to cv/gate interfaces aren't expensive nor hard to come buy (or build yourself)

Attached: mysteryniggas.png (500x370, 137K)

moog sub 37, not a ton of keys but analog is fuckin dope

Find the sound that you want, and buy your synth based on that. Depends entirely on what you're trying to make music with.

If you want things to be as flexible as possible, pick up a low end MIDI keyboard (I've got a launchkey 61, $250 and it works great), the DAW of your choice (FL20 is a great starter's choice), and pick up the synth of your choice.

If you're looking for a works-for-most-things package, grab Komplete from Native Instruments. Cover pretty much all your basic bases with that, hits pretty much every genre.

Would you rather have access to a near infinite number of synthesizers, some of which have not been perfectly emulated yet, or 1 synth that can do a limited number of sounds or synthesis styles?
Just get a good midi keyboard with weighted keys and (preferably) aftertouch, unless you are very interested in collecting hardware as a hobby.

this is quite a retarded question, LOTS of equipment could be said and you can get synths at all sorts of different prices (plus outboard gear). go study your synths moar

Stop being a plebe and get a fucking modular.

Attached: a100basic.jpg (450x260, 36K)

sub37 is fucking shit for its price, bought and sold it

Korg Minilouge
youtube.com/watch?v=hUT01p-C2xo

Analog synth with an entirely digital interface. The knobs are laid out very well. The keys feel nice. You have to try to make this thing sound bad, and they're really inexpensive

I'm pretty sure the midi functionality OP asked for covers that.

And chances are it will have subpar keys in comparison, which will most likely be semi-weighted or have no velocity sensitivity at all, and no aftertouch. By general rule of thumb, most synthesizers will have a cheap keyboard unless they are specifically designed for live performance.

Fair point. Maybe OP just wants to get into the hardware?

op is a fag for coming to Jow Forums asking for synth advice, he should go learn about synths and chose himself

I would still recommend a midi controller in that case, for use with rack synthesizers. They are much more compact and manageable, and gives lots of options to get creative with layering. Another benefit is they require less maintenance, as an owner of older synths in the past the thing that kills you is when one or two keys go dead. Pretty much every relevant Yamaha and Roland FM synth was made in rack form at some point, and there are even some great analog racksynths as well (atc-1 and matrix 1000 immediately come to mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=sNLL9VYjHMA
Heres a good example of the best rack monosynth to ever grace this world.

You fags would rather make a thread about wallpapers and circlejerk about your choice of anime wallpapers rather than discuss real technology.

>the state of this board

lol u triggered much (even though anime and arch is beautiful). op is a total noob and needs to learn his synths and look around than ask others, and why ask this on tech instead of music board big kek

I’d buy the new Behringer Minimoog clone for them analog bass/lead sounds and a good midi keyboard for controling FM, rompler VSTs, (DX7, M1 etc. emulations) this way you will have most of synthesis covered for cheap. (like sub-1000$)

>Not posting classic Serges
mmh

Attached: benge_serge02.jpg (800x592, 212K)

Attached: img-ce-komplete_11_ultimate_02_intro_01-8857663c6a79cff3445195c81e4ed6fa-d.jpg (520x520, 28K)

Attached: hmm2.png (128x128, 2K)

just depends on what you want, what kind of sounds you're looking for. if you want a vintage 80s synth go for a juno-106. if you want FM synthesis you can get a yamaha dx-7 or a roland d-50. there isnt really a synth that can do it all but if you just want something new that sounds good go for something like a korg prologue.

also every synth has had midi support since like the 80s so i wouldnt worry about that

Not OP but do you have any examples of good ones to buy?

Attached: 160542871345.jpg (800x800, 246K)

Not a hardware synth, but this thing is pretty sweet using VST

Attached: ableton-push.jpg (1440x805, 157K)

Save your money and don't buy useless things

Depending on the technology employed a hardware synth of a particular type will have a distinctive sound compared to one of a different type. I would classify these different types as follows:

Virtual Analog
Wavetable
ROMpler
FM
Subtractive Analog (VCO)
Subtractive Analog (DCO)
Sampler
Hybrid

These to me all sound sufficiently different from one another to warrant special attention when considering a purchase.

I'd start off with something like s61 mk2 + komplete 11 & serum. It's a pretty broad question without knowing what kind of synth sound you want.

I typically watch youtube videos of presets to see if I vibe with the general character of the synth. I'm GASing after a sub/sequent 37 but bought waaay too much gear recently!

>youtube.com/watch?v=b_QqgKppa74
>youtube.com/watch?v=4O7i7euB4qY