/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: 1527076984183s.jpg (250x249, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.github.com/
cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-one-d150/specs/
stackoverflow.com/questions/2297510/linux-shell-script-for-each-file-in-a-directory-grab-the-filename-and-execute-a
greasespot.net/2018/05/greasemonkey-44-release.html)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do I really need to do anything about thos GDPD emails? I deleted all of them, didn't even read them.
I heard that we have to accept each and every one of those emails..

Attached: 1293270441890.jpg (640x478, 208K)

Is there an non-SJW alternative to github?

gitlab

sup Jow Forums,
just got and asus zenfone 3 max with android 7.0
I like using dolphin browser to browse Jow Forums. I install the adblock addon, dolphin jetpack and activate the option. but I'm still getting these ads on Jow Forums.
I tried uninstalling/reinstalling all aps, rebooting the smartphone, turning it off and on, different app versions and still get these ads.
same phone on firefox mobile and adblock plus, no ads. what could it be?
I have a samsung j3 mission, android 7.0 with the same dolphin browser, adblock addon for dolphin browser and there are no ads.
thank you for your time.

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-162755.jpg (720x1280, 283K)

if you can get root then just use adaway

UMI-DAH~!

Attached: images (20).jpg (512x288, 16K)

just use clover like normal people

>A more stimulating cerebral strain
>B6
>1-4 weeks, depending on frequency of use

I got my first desktop computer, but there's no display when I hooked it up to a dual monitor (I'm using a dual monitor as a main monitor). I tried a VGA cable and a HDMI cable, but it's not displaying anything. I tested the monitor and cables with a laptop and it works fine.

Do I need an actual monitor or am I missing some sort of cable? The computer was prebuilt so everything should be in place. Windows 10 is preinstalled I think so I don't think the computer is going to boot up BIOs the first time it's going to be turned on.

I can try getting a Display cable, but I don't really want to if the problem is the monitor. I will end up with a bunch of unused cables.

try just hooking up one of the cables from the dual monitor. there's probably a setting you need to change in bios to get dual output

Only if you want to continue getting mails from them, like newsletters.

I played around with the monitor settings and can't really do much other than adjust color , brightness, or position of picture. The monitor is older than 5 years.

well if you've got a single monitor handy or have a friend you can borrow one from, long enough to confirm it the tower came with dead video or not. sometimes things just go to shit, and you want to make sure that's not the case while it's still soon enough to return it for a refund/exchange with no hassle

Looking to upgrade our old Cisco. We can't use ethernet cables, and we're limited to the following options. So which of the following has the best Wireless connectivity?

Asus
>RT-AC88U (AC3100)
>AC87U (AC2400)
>RT-AC3200
>RT-AC5300
>GT-AC5300 (ROG)

Netgear
>X6 AC3200
>X8 AC5300
>R7000 AC1900

Linksys
>WRT 32X
>AC5400 MU-MIMO
>WRT 3200ACM
>Velop AC6600 (3 pieces)

TP-Link
>AC5400 (the one with 9 antennas)

D-Link
>AC5400 (red pyramid)

AP suggestions are most welcome. Our shit TP-Link needs replacing as well.

Attached: 1521736961419.jpg (736x860, 92K)

why

Attached: RAadbYu[1].png (390x198, 10K)

>We can't use ethernet cables,
Sure you can

I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Just answer the question please.
Since you're thinking of cabling, what powerline system would be better then?

>what powerline system would be better then?
None of them
CAT-6 is your option

What happened to the The Chan app on the ios app store?

I have a spare i5 2500 laying around from an old employer's PC that they didn't need anymore, but I sold some of the parts to a friend awhile ago and now I have no way to verify if it's working. It was last tested and working in 2015. It's being stored in anti-static bag now. Is there any way to test if a CPU still works without a motherboard and a power supply?

Knock on it three times and ask if it works

what's the easiest way to publish a shitty html website on the internet? do i have to pay some provider or can I do it somehow else

github pages is a thing

can i get a quick rundown?

Attached: 1517107856182.png (1000x581, 717K)

pages.github.com/
the official site can explain it better than me. plus is, you can buy a domain and point the nameservers to it (if that didnt change in the last years) and hosting is free. should be somewhat tech related tho, unless you plan to do something else with your site

My ESET trial ran out couple of months ago and I haven't bothered to do a full system malware scan since. But of course, for each and every download I have used Anti-malware and/or Spybot and they have been clean (but some malware goes right through these guys and only ESET can help..).
Today I found that one month ago a trojan downloader called wmsvc.exe ended up in /windows/... I deleted it and found that there was nothing else on my Win10.
a) Is getting a crack for ESET viable, does it function normally?
b) What is the possibility of someone getting my passwords or other stuff via the trojan downloader?
I think it hasn't been active as I still monitor my runnin processes every and each time I start up my system but I can't be sure as of course the processes are hidden beneath something else and so on.
I'm angry but it's my own stupid fault. At least there wasn't something weird running all the time but I can't be certain. I'm doing a rootkit scan and other shit now as well..

Are all CPU instructions(like mov, add, jmp, etc) defined in silicon on the CPU itself?

Attached: .jpg (600x535, 108K)

how can i sort Jow Forums catalog by Image Replies
i tryed to write a code but i failed really hard

my computer was suffering from random restarts. googling led me to believe that the problem was a bad psu. interim fix was to lower graphical settings and set a 40fps cap. upon receiving the new psu I restored graphical settings. 10 minutes in random restart. is it a bad gpu? mobo? idk where to go from here

i dont use windows much anymore but trying to fix someones comp. is malewarebytes still good enough or is there something better now

where i get kmsauto net download

Attached: 1527277121099.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

Any way to follow instagrams without an app?
I don't have a phone but don't want 20 tabs of these instagram thots open

Attached: 1527278677189.jpg (1500x1002, 145K)

just installed arch linux on a really old laptop and for some reason it just goes into sleep mode every 10-20 seconds or so, when i wake it up it just does the same.
i don't even have to be doing anything, even when it's just on the login prompt it still goes into sleep mode after 20 seconds.
this didn't happen while i was installing arch nor when it was using windows xp.
the laptop is an acer aspire one d150, only hardware difference is i replaced the 1gb ram stick with a 2gb ram stick (it only has one slot)
cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-one-d150/specs/

Check with systemctl --failed
See if any core services failed to start

You need to do complete diagnostics. Run cpu and gpu benchmarks, memory checks, everything. Maybe it's just overheating. Examine event viewer logs.

p-pls respond

They are.

How can w3m display images in the terminal? How does this shit even work?

k thx

How do enable legacy captcha or fuck over google captcha? This is getting ridiculous like 10 nexts before it works

What do you mean by "defined in the silicon"?

Are CPU instructions individual tiny circuits in the CPU or another level of abstraction on something else?

Would it be possible to open Netflix on my phone using my home wifi, load a film, then leave the house and stream the whole film without using any mobile data?

Think about the most primitive processor and you will understand they are actual circuitry.

How do I watch the netflix from another country? I tried to use SoftEther VPN Client Manager but it didn't work.

no need for gpu benchmarks as high graphics fidelity caused reboot. there are no crash logs as the computer isn't crashing. I will try cpu and memory tests. temps are fine. gpu and cpu top out at ~65C under load. I moved the gpu to another pcie slot just now. I checked to see if anything was touching the mobo after taking off the panels and nothing that I can see is

Forgot to add that 'mov' command literally moves electricity through millions and millions of small gates. It's very complex thing especially in modern machines. Computers are magic: everything is based on small charges of electricity. Think about it.

Install 4chanX, enable noscript captcha.

Yes, also run Adwcleaner.

Download Speccy or HWMonitor, open Motherboard section and check voltages.

Can someone tell me what kind of port this is?
It says USB, but it doesn't look like any USB port i've ever seen.

Attached: USB?.jpg (4608x3456, 2.75M)

I ran windows memory diagnostic tool to check for memory problems and none were detected

Attached: mobo.gif (434x1104, 136K)

Oh crap it uploaded the wrong way for some reason.

USB-D (generally used with printers and shit like that)

Why do 4k youtube videos look better on my 1080p display than 1080p videos?

USB type B 2.0, its the gimmick printer cable.

Could you post what HWMonitor reports?
Still this is indeed a PSU problem, let me guess, cheap Corsair PSU?

Higher bitrate.

ya my bad, type B.

I switched from a cooler master V850 gold to a seasonic 750FX, so wrong

Both are literally made by Seasonic, you literally did a downgrade.

this is the system. its currently trucking along through prime95. cpu at 4.4 Ghz and 1.2 vcore, xmp enabled. ~85C and spiked to 97C for a while

Attached: speccy.jpg (904x507, 88K)

There is something wrong with your PSU, you would need another one to test your build.

Attached: PSUS.png (761x533, 60K)

except for the people who say seasonic is good. I can go wherever I want to see if someone thinks something in particular is good or bad

Assembly instructions are basically a higher level language for CPU binary opcodes that yes, are "tiny circuits" aka a series of logic gates inside the CPU. In other words; each opcode is a cluster of logic gates that triggers when given an exact value in binary, these value are what the assembly mnemonics are referring to. So when the processing unit inside your CPU retrieves a value from RAM, the first bits are the opcode which decides what operation is to be done on the value.

did you clear your cookies? use a different browser or private mode?
no, they deliberately wont let you do that because of muh movie rights

well I don't really want to purchase a third one

Yes they are really good but not perfect, a spike or something can still damage it, what is important its it stopping your other parts from getting damaged.

Try your old one?

what terminal does w3m use? its a program that can render whatever it wants, so if you put the right bits into it, it can even display image files. because why not

I forgot to mention that newer CPUs with it's plethora of new mnemonics no longer use clusters of logic gates to achieve this but rather defines each instruction in micro-code.

dont bump your shit like that

your cpus architecture says what instructions it has. check the manual for the instruction set

>ffmpeg -ss 3 -i Trust.mkv -vf "select=gt(scene\,0.4)" -frames:v 20 -vsync vfr -vf fps=fps=1/600 thumb%%02d.jpg

Found this batch script and I'm looking for a way to not rely on having to edit "Trust.mkv" every time I want to use it. How do I replace that expression so that it works with any *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi on the folder?

I got restarts using both psus. they were plugged into a general electric surge protector and none of the house's fuses have had to be replaced. unless you are talking about sudden requests for power from the computer. I hadn't changed anything about the computer software wise for a long time. one night I was marathoning a game and the next day it couldn't unless I dropped the graphical settings, set a 40 fps frame cap, and under clocked the gpu as much as msi afterburner would let me

I do hear some sort of whine coming from the gpu when I disable the frame cap

stackoverflow.com/questions/2297510/linux-shell-script-for-each-file-in-a-directory-grab-the-filename-and-execute-a
adjust as needed

My WiFi on my desktop has gotten so bad it's borderline unusable now, but the internet works fine on my phone and tablet. I'm just so frustrated because I have no idea what it could be, a different wifi adapter didn't fix it and the netsh winsock reset didn't help.

What the fuck is happening?

I have no idea. I have to run troubleshooter to get my computer to connect to wifi 2/3 times I turn it on. you're not alone
so for the past 30 minutes my computer has given zero fucks about prime 95. I'll finish this snack and then I'll try playing a game with the gpu in a new pcie slot. no game I play stresses out the cpu as much as prime 95

what os? could it be the driver?
if it works on your phone, scout out your wlan with analyze apps.
maybe energy options are shit?

Not necessarily what I needed because I'm on Windows (batCH... fucking names), but the wording of the title definitely helps to search for this, thanks!

Drivers most likely.

I have Windows 10 and I had to get drivers to make the thing work at all.
The wifi analysis app shows there's a shit zillion connections but again, why would it work fine on my phone and tablet and but utter shit on my desktop?

I have it on high performance on my desktop just in case but nothing

Is it possible for performance to get worse day by day because of drivers?

only reason i can think of is that the driver puts your wlan device into low energy mode. win10 is a bitch to debug in that regard.
shot in the blue: if you make a hotspot on your phone and connect your win10 to that, does that make it better?

no

Attached: 1510857926804.gif (540x540, 577K)

Then I doubt it's the driver's because it only got really shitty the last two days.

Can't connect to a hotspot, TMobile doesn't allow devices to do that anymore

Anyone know of any journal/diary programs? I mean I could just use any text editor, but I was just curious to see what kind of software there is out there for this specific purpose.

How do i install openGL 4.1 on gentoo?

i got an hd 7870. I looked on the package site. I even installed porthole to try looking. ddg hasnt been helpful. (I already got 'opengl amdgpu radeonsi' in my USE flags, and I have x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu )

pls help :(

>gentoo
>not posting logs
you have been memed my friend

ask in >>/wsr/ or make a thread on g, this is not the place for that

But FOSS is very Jow Forums.

Not really but bad drivers will always give you bad perfomance.

its opinion based, not /sqt/
get the fuck out of here

Make me nigger.

I can try reinstalling them, but I just don't understand why it's so fucked. I just got the driver's last week why do they suck so bad

RedNotebook

there are no logs to post :(

It's a pop up that says I need to install openGL 4.1

tyvm

Greasemonkey 4.4 is asking for new permissions in Firefox. Apparently it is related to the new import/export feature (greasespot.net/2018/05/greasemonkey-44-release.html)
Can anyone confirm?

there have to be logs somewhere
run the command again in a terminal with
>|& tee update.log
at the end
I dont even do gentoo, fix your shit

why isn't there a central network drawing from all projects using neural networks with access to an automated factory for enacting its will physically?

so it restarted again in a different pcie slot while playing a game. it really seems like I have a bunk gpu. I checked gpuz's log and nothing seems out of the ordinary when it restarted. its doing it on two power supplies, no problems for 45 mins of prime 95, problems after ~10 min of games, windows detects no memory problems. there's nowhere else to go for support right now that will give immediate feedback which sucks. its the weekend so I can't go to computer shops in this country ass town