pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: FC980M_Modern_Beige.jpg (3840x2160, 2.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

keyboardcatalog.com/65-percent/tada68
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3500
amzn.com/B0722GG88M
kickstarter.com/projects/70308014/kings-assembly-a-computer-mouse-full-of-awesome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hmm, I cant seem to find any RGBY leopold keycap sets so I think ill go with the Varmillo VA108 instead. Thanks!

topre is the best if I ever see one

how'd i do Jow Forums

just got this dell at101w at the thrift-store next-door for $3

alps switches. nice clickity-clack

Attached: alpsmeme.jpg (2592x1944, 829K)

basic/10

Convert them to linear or click. Nice score though.

>Budget: ~$50, willing to stretch and buy used.
>Location: USA
>Preferred Switch: Just anything but membranes.
>Form factor: Around 60%, width is important. Small desk.
>Backlight: Indifferent.
>Previous/current keyboards: K120 and a boring MX Red board

Considering gettin pic related off amazon for like $30. Good deal?

Attached: serveimage-7.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

anne pro

I found a broken wireless mechanical keyboard full of MX Blacks at a thrift store for ~$10 a while ago. I don't have a soldering iron or any tinkering tools save for basic screwdrivers. Would it be more of a hassle to extract all of the switches (if they aren't broken which I can't test), or should I just discard it? Trying to declutter and clean out unused things.

Deciding to ultimately discard it because buying the tools and parts to repair it is more of a hassle than it's worth since I don't plan on using it. Also can't test the switches because the ports on the back are missing or broken. Shipping it somewhere to someone interested would cost the same or more than what I payed for it, I also don't have a friend that is interested in keyboards. Guess there's gonna be 104 more orphaned switches out in the world.

Attached: yoshi.jpg (396x385, 16K)

Just give it away dude. Even putting it out on the curb with a *Free Mechanical Keyboard* sign is better than trashing it.

Switches are also pretty much ALWAYS good. It's the controllers and stuff that die. Hell, a new cheap chinese controller and you could revive it pretty easily. You need a soldering iron for that though. Which is something everyone should have anyway IMO.

Yeah you're right. I'll find someone who wants to tinker with it if I put it up on CL or something. Another man's trash, etc. etc.

Half the time I'm typing on my fc660c I'm just marveling at how good each and every key stroke feels.
Do click bar switches feel as good? I'm considering building a board with them but I'm concerned they're going to feel just as shitty as the rest of the mx compatible switches I've tried.

they all fell like crap desu, the only other non-capacitive switch I liked was buckling spring over membrane, I haven't tried a model F yet, but I hear it feels smoother

Attached: vom.jpg (282x362, 24K)

I accidentally drenched my mech keyboard in tonic wine. About 20 keys are sticky and it's basically fucked right now.

Now, I imagine there's a way to restore it back to working order. I was thinking of stripping it down and soaking the keys/PCB in distilled water and alcohol and getting the mixture inside the switches to clean them out.

Any advice?

Scrubbing with warm water mixed with dish soap is more effective at cleaning it out. Make sure the final rinse is with alcohol to help dry everything right, though.

Better than some of the 80+ dollar boards people get here.

Thanks, good call. Shit's really sticky inside the switches so the soap will likely be much better for clearing that out.

Any good low-profile TKL with backlight out there?
This cunt woulda been perfect with volume control keys

Attached: Test-Sharkoon-PureWriter-TKL-9.jpg (3264x2218, 568K)

What is the fastest keyboard

Attached: xxmxtx0q49rz.jpg (2100x1524, 124K)

any chording keyboard really

Attached: stenography.jpg (741x494, 32K)

Bloody lag -1ms, it output keystrokes before you send them

If this is the best cherry can come up with to compete with kailh and gateron, then the only thing they have left is their dwindling reputation.

Attached: cherry low pro.gif (700x700, 3.94M)

Got a razer blackwidow ultimate 2016 for 25 bucks at walmart. Only got it as a backup just in case or maybe for some tinkering since in was so cheap. Kept seeing people saying it was dogshit but honestly, I think it gives mx blues a run for it's money. Feels pretty nice, smooth, and has decent tactility. I mean, it ain't as good my ducky zero but I don't know, I expected worse.

>come up with
It's just Kailh low profile with a taller, MX-compatible slider
They didn't come up with anything

100% best %

Attached: more walthers.jpg (3200x1411, 1.35M)

>all those guns and he can't buy a better keyboard

I hope you have Cherry Clears, they are god level switches.

I don't care, I'm excited about low profile switches. I type faster on my chicklet laptop than my $300 keyboard. I want to try all of the short throw switches but it's hard to find a pcb that supports them.
Thinking about buying a tester and then buying a board that uses them already and swapping the switches out to the better ones.

What is the regular price for a tada68? It's $90 on their website but on reviews from youtube I saw people that bought for $60.

Everyone sold them at that price when they first came out, but since it was such an amazing keyboard the price almost doubled.
I bought mine last year for 60 bucks + 15 for shipping. Taobao is still the last place that has them for that price

I have 2 and have never seen them go that low. 1 I got from mk.com for 100 and and 1 for 75 at massdrop.

here
Too bad I didn't start looking sooner.

>Tada68 came out 2 years ago
dang these memes grow up so fast
anyway these are the current prices
keyboardcatalog.com/65-percent/tada68

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

fc660m vs fc660c

660c of cource

why of course what makes it worth not being able to have custom keycaps and the nearly $100 mark up?

Buy something a little higher quality, you won't regret it.

much better build quality, also you can still get custom keycaps user, tho I don't know why you'd replace them

Attached: HHKB_Carbon.jpg (1456x819, 546K)

what do you mean build quality? literally every mechanical keyboard over $100 is solid

topres are better built then cherry switches. cherry switches are all designed with an inherent flaw due to being a leaf based switch. This flaw is known as mechanical bouncing, which isn't present on topres due to their capacitive sensors. That'w why topres are rated for 50million presses without chatter, while cherry mx switches are 0. Plus if you upgrade to hasu's controller you can mess with actuation distances to fine tune it to your liking

Just finished replacing the box navy switches on my board with box jades. I think I like them a little bit better.

Do you notice any of the jades with that upstroke issue?

what MK should I get if I want one with volume keys anons?

ducky one

Not yet. That issue is probably way over-reported (people only bitch when something bad happens, happy customers are generally quiet), or maybe I just go lucky. All my switches seem fine.

What's a good place to buy PBT OEM blanks? Preferably with a few different color options.

aliexpress

I've had this for over a year and it's amazing. Anyone who buys more is a retard

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for a set with a large number of keycaps for odd layouts in addition to the standard 104 keys, especially with 1u modifiers and multiple shift sizes. Basically I want a nice fat set that I can use to experiment with layouts.

Any recommendations for specific sellers on aliexpress?

Not everyone is poor user

why does everyone recomend one and not the later editions?

Why is it so god damn hard to find keycap sets with 2u shifts? Shit's really gay

is this the same guy?
Ive seen you uploading pics for years bruh

their usb-c connector is shit

>Budget
gimme some Location (continent at least)
usa
>Preferred switch type
clicky, probably blue or blue clone
>Layout
ansi. also something i can rice with cases and caps later
>Form factor
60% or tkl? fkeys would be cool, but not a dealbreaker. numpad is not wanted. definitely not the kind with the arrow keys and nav cluster smashed in the lower right corner. split spacebar meme might be cool
>Backlight
don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
cheap rubber dome, thinkpad t430, thinkpad t470

just get a magicforce lol

I have them, but they still feel a bit scratchy
Does lubing help this?

>just Kailh low profile
Those are just Cherry ML knockoffs, like everything from china.

Attached: comparison.jpg (1500x500, 89K)

pretty good for 3 bucks. my first mech was a black at101 with black alps switches, i think they all had black alp switches except for a smaller subset that had the salmon switches for some reason

No they're not, look at the internals

Attached: Cherry_ML_--_disassembled.jpg (1280x1136, 300K)

>cherry anything
>god level
pls

Compared to

Kailh's low profile switches are no doubt inspired by ML, but functionally they're very different and better.

Attached: TQQgzja.jpg (3287x2054, 1022K)

this looks kinda bad

They sell budget boards with good switches, i.e. the only thing that really matters at the end of the day.

tada68 with zealios 67g, flashed with easyAVR pretty smoothly. Just came yesterday and I'm enjoying it.

Been using lighter linear stuff for 5 years and it's a welcome change. Only using for a day and I'm already riding the tactile bump without bottoming out. Pretty nice.

Attached: tadatata12.jpg (4160x2340, 796K)

best keyboard period.

Attached: 2_201908-2200x1228.jpg (2200x1228, 341K)

ISO a shit

biggest enter key wins.

Why are the best programmers and top tier hackers using tiny keyboards?
I've never seen a decent programmer with a full-sized keyboard.

Attached: 1519354708774.png (885x957, 1.83M)

>US layout
>ISO

Just got a Matias TP4 for $25, did I do ok?

Only used a model m previously

this is so fucking retarded

So we're in agreement then, BAE is best and ISO is shit.

>Three shifts and no space bar, enter, semicolon or colon
wtf? You physically can't program on that shit.

>You physically can't program on that shit.
Noob programmer detected

lagsperg?

yeah he's been around since ages

>Three shifts and no space bar, enter, semicolon or colon
>it must be what is says on the keycaps

Attached: 20161130_185506.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

Has anyone tried the Durgod K320? It looks like a solid keyboard for the price.

Are there any good mechanical keyboards with mac keycaps?

mechanical keyboards don't work on mac

Varmillo makes some, they're decent if you want a prebuilt.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3500
I own one of their white boards and it's actually white instead of one of 10 variations of offwhite

Why not just buy man keycaps. Most mechanical keyboards already work on macs

?

?

amzn.com/B0722GG88M

Attached: 44221.jpg (1800x1200, 228K)

What is a best place to buy Leopold fc980c from in Europe?

kickstarter.com/projects/70308014/kings-assembly-a-computer-mouse-full-of-awesome

This looks kind of stupid, but I want it.

Hcman is 10/10 and generally recommended by mkg

Pic related.

Attached: IMG_20180523_082507~2.jpg (4057x1606, 888K)

>A Computer Mouse Full Of Awesome

Attached: IT'S.jpg (1334x750, 85K)

What's a decent way to make a keyboard bluetooth? Is it possible to unsolder the USB connector and solder on some USB chip? Although that would probably be a pain because I'd also need to connect power. Are there any compact micro USB bluetooth dongles?

Well it's pretty clearly vapourware so you're shit out of luck there, son.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame. Apparently they're shipping out beta units now, but most of it is made of out 3D printed plastic, and there's no fucking way I'd pay $650 for that kind of build quality.

Lol sure, only by the pre adults who don't have jobs and poorfags. No one else would recommend that horrible shit

Are there any switches that are lighter than reds ?

Gateron clears are ~10g lighter than reds