Who can stop Javascript?

Who can stop Javascript?

Attached: top languages.png (1249x790, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tc39.github.io/proposal-flatMap/#sec-Array.prototype.flat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GDPR unironically.

>Who can stop Javascript?
GDRP

asm

GDPRscript

Why do these guys like javascript so much? I dont understand

it lets you load an application inside a fucking webpage, client side.

it's the new adobe flash

it's a very good language now with es6 and es7 features, it enables you to run the same secure and performant code everywhere, client and server.

Also this list should be adjusted for verbosity of the language. In reality python should be much more popular than java and css shouldnt even be listed.

JavaScript frameworks have made it so easy to write javascript without writing javascript.

>JavaScript, Python, Java, Ruby, PHP
kill me

Flash at least had some fun cartoons.

Is there an alternative? I am unironically curious to know what could be used instead of JS for "web apps" and "interactive content."

Oh nevermind I thought it was counting lines of code.

Counting pull requests is even worse though. Javascript projects are worse quality requiring more pull requests.

I do not want webpages to run proprietary code on my computer

having access to a browser and a text editor you can write whatever shit you want now that browsers supports WebGL, audio processing , etc, its like a whole operating system where everything its done in JS and ES7 its ok.

Typescript

Fuck off then.

Plenty of alternative languages that compile to javascript

Typescript its for pajeet monkeys who can't understand why JS its ok for a lot of high level CS problems.

What's the point of using something else if it's just going to be translated into its JS equivalent?

>Typescript its for pajeet monkeys
100% sure you never programmed in Typescript

any amount of ram under 1024 Pb.

>what could be used instead of JS for "web apps" and "interactive content."
these things should not even exist. if you want to execute your code on my computer, ask kindly to install some cancer software (I will politely refuse)

yes I did, and there is no benefit, the few people I know they used it its because they have very poor software and abstraction skills, all what they learned was in the college and can't think out of the box.

Where did you get this meme? Typescript is just to avoid runtime errors and crashes by unifying code and providing type checking. It helps a lot on huge projects and I've yet to work on a company developing enterprise level web apps that doesn't use it.

And no one wants you to run their proprietary code on your computer you fucking weeb, why do you think someone even cares?

>crashes
>on js

ooooh sure you know JS , HAHAHAHAHA.

Are you retarded or just pretending?

you can do unit testing without types and there are tons of way to do type sanitizing without bullshitscript.

ITT: NEETs

dude, you don't even know the meaning of a basic software definition. Search what a fucking crash is. No, is not what you are thinking.

No one ever said typescript was the only option, what's with that hateboner of yours?

>foo is for pajeets
>If I use foo how will anyone know I'm superior to pajeet?
SAD!

I bet this guy doesn't even have a job.

>If I use foo how will anyone know I'm superior to pajeet?
I know I'll use baz even though i will be doomed to live a lonely life in my parents basement but at least I wont be pajeet

nobody have a job in Jow Forums, well I get pay for playing with firmware but I do not consider it a job because I fucking love what I do, for example this week I got a lot of free evaluation boards from freescale what else could I ask for?

*teleports behind you*
javascript.enabled=false
nothing personal kid

wasm

>works as monkey in taxes web apps
>decides to reduce traffic in pajes
>converts the old page into a simple web api service
>browsers has to do now all the post processing job in JS

Javascript is honestly a great first language to learn. It's a mixed bag of oop, functional and imperative paradigms. Learn the syntax and then learn each of these paradigms using the same language, being dynamically typed helps a newcomer not get stuck in the little things that can be annoying to figure out. It is used everywhere so knowing Javascript can land you a job pretty easily. You can just grow from there, stick with it and web development or move to other things. People like to shit on it for being lenient on mistakes and the "made in 10 days" meme.

>a great first language to learn
>It's a mixed bag
yeah I don't think so. add to that all the transpilation bullshit and I'd say it's only a little bit less retarded to start with js than it is to start with c++

actually its the only language that mixed with HTML5 allows you to do useful creative things. The only people who hate it are frustrated monkeys.

tc39.github.io/proposal-flatMap/#sec-Array.prototype.flat
>renamed from 'flatten' to 'flat' because of a naming clash with some deprecated library nobody uses
>default depth is 1, so [1, [[2]], 3].flat() won't actually give you a flat fucking array ([1, 2, 3]) like any reasonable person would expect
why are the people in charge of this language so retarded?

because browsers

>Javascript
>Great Language

poor meme

>Secure
>Performant
>Very good language

Attached: 1510961546571.jpg (500x491, 120K)

Lacking types is not a feature. A good type system is a friend. It's like having automatic unit tests attached right on the code that cover many of the most common bugs. What you're doing is specifying a contract for how a variable or parameter can be used. This is a powerful concept for maintainable code.

Typescript is probably the least invasive way to get basic typing, because it's literally all optional. Just use "any" and bingo, you're writing normal untyped js. Hating on it is seriously idiotic.

I'm looking for the relevancy of this comment, where is it?

GNU LibreJS

Modern JS development is actually pretty bearable. Use ES7 and a good editor (or a full IDE like webstorm). It's never gonna be my favourite language, but sitting around bitching about it instead of getting on with the task at hand is extremely unproductive.

To fell better about yourself

fuck

Attached: cia niggers.png (600x600, 162K)

Because you're using a different language which is literally what you asked for? What difference does it make if its compiled to javascript?

Rust will be nr1 soon. Screenshot this.

>What's the point of using something else if it's just going to be translated into its C equivalent?

For client side nothing until more obfuscated encrypted botnet becomes common. Laws or possibly webfags will develop a conscience, I doubt it.

I think arguably the language has gotten way worse and the syntax/methods should have been pared down quite a bit not unnecessarily bloated, while adding more standard functions/methods. It could have been a nice language instead of several different language syntax styles slapped on top of a poorly designed language.

Where is assembly?

In the trash where it belongs

a bunch of losers who are so bored in their NEET lives that they start learning JS but still don't know what they're talking about and come to this board to argue with other dumbass NEETs who also don't know what they're talking about.

No professional developers argue about this shit. Use it or don't.

daily reminder that nothing is wrong with js and a language simply allowing you to be stupid does not make the language stupid, it means you're stupid for using it stupidly.

He is.

But javascript doens't crash, that's actually one of it's problems, the browser would go to infinity and beyond trying to make shitty javascript code work.

Reminder: You're reading a hobbyist amateur forum.

>I do not want webpages to run proprietary code on my computer
They already are

Attached: 1526746802410.jpg (800x614, 64K)

this.

I hate people saying Technology XY sucks, they dont know Technology XY 99% of time.
But as soon as you asked them, what language they prefer, they say "C". LeL

wasm or bust