This kills the botnet shill

>this kills the botnet shill
The Botnet era is over! Companies started to think that they can do whatever they want. Not anymore.

Attached: based.jpg (640x419, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/facebook-abusing-data-law-privacy-big-tech-surveillance
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*ignores law because it's not enforceable*
Nothin personnel, kid

Yeah good luck with that. Its going to head the way of "i'm sorry I can't do business with you if you aren't GDPR compliant". Companies who won't comply basically will be pariahs.

>implying it isn't just a Google/Facebook/Amazon ploy to filter out the garbage data from adblock users

Like seriously, who buys shit from ads? My dad is 65, doesn't block ads and the only thing he notices about ads is how creepy they are according to him. Why is it a mutli-billion dollar bussines

most normies will just click "I agree" and business will carry on as normal.

This. I never bought anything based on ads. I don't even understand how is ad investment profitable in any way, if many people don't even care about ads. I doubt the rate of conversion is that high.

This is why Europe will always be behind America and China in the tech sector.

Attached: google.jpg (785x614, 115K)

ToS mean nothing in court. even if you agree to them, it doesn't mean that you're signing away your rights. all it takes is one guy complaining about a website that isn't GDPR compliant and that company will absolutely get sued for 4% of their yearly income. and if they don't make their website compliant in time, they will eventually get blocked entirely from conducting business in the EU. european ISPs will simply block access to their sites.

>not enforceable
you keep telling yourself that, corporate shill.

>target random nonfree botnet bullshit
>still allow nonfree devices to be inserted to control your heart with always online spyware data collecting and accompanying radio.

real change here.

Data Scientist (TM) here. In one of my projects I analyzed the conversion rate of an ad campaign by a multi-billion company. The numbers were very laughable. Out of tens of thousands, very few people clicked on ads and even fewer are expected to be converted.

>This. I never bought anything based on ads.

there are more to ads than "ads" tard. blanket statements like this makes me think you literally fall to advertising and you're literally too stupid to see it.

stop being a hypocrite and self reflect more retard.

Are there any published data on this? I'm curious to see how much companies invest in ads and what't the return on investment.

> The Botnet era is over!
Could be.

But we'll always have to continue to defend individual rights, and it'd be helpful if everyone else in the world joined in if/when we stumble.

I hope everyone imitates this one in their national legislation. Maybe they will.

>still allow nonfree devices to be inserted to control your heart with always online spyware data collecting and accompanying radio.
Not actually allowed. Good try though.

I wouldn't mind ads, if they were relevant
>google parts to fix my 1992 Golf
>order them and have them shipped
>proceed to see ads for NEW golf and some VW certified car repair shops 200kms away from me for the next 2 weeks
Google has ONE job and that's pointing me to the cheapest oil filters in my town, not railing me into having my car serviced for twice the price it's worth or railing me into buying a new car. Fuck you

Well yeah, the only kind of ads which are not a waste of money are those that are meant to make your company known, to gain public exposure.

Just like big brands sponsor big events, just to show everyone they're "there".

But placed ads in web pages? Nah, go fuck yourself, shill, those can only convert the clinically retarded.

I think that would be very difficult to come by. And even if some independent entity managed to do some sort of study it won't be representative of real life scenario where millions are spent in the ad campaign, keep in mind that lots of them are targeted ads as well.

Think tanks pushing agendas according to your psychological profile ian't considered advertising, that's just crowd control.

give me your data so I can see what ads are most relevant for you..

WTF?! I LOVE EU NOW!

Attached: 1495826602628.jpg (853x480, 56K)

Before I give them to you, please prove me that you have the infrastructure to store them in a way that prevents misconduct and that you won't resell my data.

GDRP fucking demolishes small companies

How rude, calling someone a retard. Learn some manners you cretinous cocksucker.

How do ads on TV make money? You can't click them!

It's less about converting ads directly into store purchases as it is putting your brand, and your products front and center in the public consciousness. This is why big companies like Apple, Samsung and MS will spend millions on TV, web, and real world ads so that when a normie thinks 'hm, I could do with a new phone' their products are front and center in their head.

good, kill them before they grow. if your company model depends on recklessly handling user data then you should seek another business, probably in the field of sucking dick.

He hath spoken:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/03/facebook-abusing-data-law-privacy-big-tech-surveillance

Attached: richard_stallman[1].jpg (490x327, 60K)

>Website goes "accept our shit or delete your account"
Wow, it's fucking nothing, except now they have to be more explicit about how they traffic your shit.

>"accept our shit or delete your account"
not gdpr compliant, if they do this in the EU, they will get sued.

T-thanks.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-26-01-33-48.png (720x1132, 152K)

It goes a little too far though. They should scale it back to avoid damaging more innocent companies.

>it's fucking nothing
>more innocent companies
No such thing as a innocent botnet.

Attached: 1.webm (1338x330, 1.56M)

Fuck EU for not allowing me to browse 5ch.

Attached: Screenshot_20180526_030357.png (277x126, 5K)

You're all missing the big picture.
Yes, normies will still click "Accept" and get spied on.
But the companies have to make it much more comprehensible what data they collect, for those people that actually care (e.g. us, concerned parents, etc)

>innocent companies
If you're making money through means completely unrelated to your mission statement by selling user data, then you're not innocent.

>No such thing as a innocent botnet.
Amen.

mfw this is EU's revenge for TTIP et al

and nothing of values was lost

>I don't fully comprehend how broad these laws are: the post

Fuck concerned parents. Parents have forever been a cancer on society.

>t. corporate nigger
It's only as broad as the breadth of your greedy tendrils.

By whom? I don't have the time or resources and 99% don't care