>Jow Forums tells me to get 'libreboot'
>install Libreboot on my computer
>Make self completely vulnerable to spectre/meltdown
>Also found out its developed by a tranny
>Device manufacturer releases bios fix for spectre
>Try to flash new manufacturer device bios and get rid of trannyboot
>Brick computer

I genuinely hope you faggots didn't fall for this meme

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-182555.jpg (719x727, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techrepublic.com/article/raptors-talos-ii-lite-brings-power9-to-the-desktop-without-breaking-the-bank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sadly my brother did

Coreboot+me_cleaner is the new Jow Forums approved method of getting rid of buttnet. Or just buy an AMD machine and install Coreboot on that, since the PSP isn't able to do networking like the IME anyways. Or buy a Talos II if you aren't a poorfag.

Trannyboot a shit.

>Talos II
Shit, hadn't checked on them in a while. Great to see that they're finally getting somewhere.
techrepublic.com/article/raptors-talos-ii-lite-brings-power9-to-the-desktop-without-breaking-the-bank/

I just checked the wiki and I am seriously confused.
Why do people install libreboot or coreboot? What is the purpose?

The cute GNU splash I guess.

That sounds like perfectly good reason to risk bricking your computer

Lookup intel ME.
All processors have backdoors for those with the signed key with system level access to the hardware.

>bricking
how? When you flash it with a soic-8 or soic-16 clip and a rpi, you make a backup of your bios first then verify everything works. If your libreboot flash is bad just try again or reflash the original bios. I overwrote the stock bios with the libreboot gbe sector to disable the me.

TLDR;RTFM

Removes backdoor to your system and makes boot up faster, plus you get to feel all warm and fuzzy for using free software if you have libreboot.

OK thanks. All I needed to know. It goes on my memes-to-get-list right after DAC amplifier and mechanical keyboard and before installing gentoo which means never.

is that tripcode?

How does libreboot make you vulnerable to spectre, nigger?

tripcode in 5 years

it's bullshit, he's a cia nigger shill

Free and open source BIOS. Some builds contain a few non-free blobs but for the most part you know what you're running. It's smaller and more secure than the stock BIOS. On older machines you can upgrade to an EFI with the Tiano Core payload.

What are you confused about?

Boot time really depends on the payload. The difference in speed between payloads and configurations is usually less than half a second.

>nsa exists
>what's wrong with proprietary drivers
to be fair, you need an IQ above 30 to understand libreboot

Attached: 1525337715734.jpg (540x489, 19K)

PROPRIETARY VAGINA
V
A
G
I
N
ANIGAV

>mechanical keyboard
Hey, fuck you.

This is me installing libreboot
>I was less then sobre.
I think I look less trashy then Leah in that pic though :c
Can i at least not be fat?
Tranny + chubby = chrischan hon look

Attached: IMG_20180526_012740.jpg (1298x1920, 1.35M)

Desu, isn't the linux kernel patched for specte and meltdown.

>brianlet bricks computer How?

Was it a x60, t60, or macbook 2,1? You know you can still internal flash the chips right?

She is most beatiful woman ever i have seen.

>she
Poking a hole in his taint doesn't make him a woman.

How am I safer with coreboot than I would be with a spectre-patched manufacturer bios?

Kernel updates can do 99% of what microcode does. Microcode is just embedded in firmware and is independent of the OS. It doesn't make a difference unless you're using an OS that's unpatched.

Now fuck off, retard.

that's where you're wrong (also it doesn't work like that)

boys make the best girls anyway

but I don't fucking use linux bullshit because the desktop emvironments are shit

The spectre-patch is the Microcode. Even in Coreboot the Microcode is closed source. Only the other components including most of the Intel Management Engine are open-source/neutralized partially

>MATE
>KDE
These are the only ones worth using. You're welcome.

After installing and using every DE the answer was pretty much this.

as someone with an amplifier and a bunch of mechanicals this made me lol

look like downs or autism

lol the same fag keeps posting

not an argument

Kill it with fire

>>Also found out its developed by a tranny
AVOID AVOID AVOID
Never install any software made by a pervert
they are probably botnetting your computer
and using your drives to store the nonces kiddy fiddling photos on there

>brick computer

I don't think you understand what bricking is. You're as big of a faggot as the tranny, stupid cocksucker.

ya sure whatever

>probably
You don't have to guess, read the source code and verify it yourself. Then you can come back with proofs or fuck off.

Don't forget your fingerbox.

Why would you take any advise from Jow Forums anyway

Really enjoying dwm instead of all the usual desktop faggotry. So far have Firefox, CLion, and Steam all running perfectly.

You're such a cute girl :3 I just want to hold you in my arms.