Hum, sweetie, you know Windows is the industry standard right? why do you keep wasting your time with that Lenux thing?

Hum, sweetie, you know Windows is the industry standard right? why do you keep wasting your time with that Lenux thing?

Attached: 1407367350322s.jpg (250x172, 5K)

Because Windows is proprietary non-free pile of shit

You know who else uses Windows? Spiders. You don't want your PC to be infested with spiders, do you?

Attached: 1434886760419.gif (499x366, 926K)

Spiderbro there just looked like he wanted to be left alone.. not watched.. free of the botnet.. trapdoor spiders confirmed linux users.

>le proprietary software is bad meme

Attached: 1524332712027.jpg (1440x1080, 108K)

You're surrounded by linux machines.
Your desktop PC is the last sanctuary of the windows and if you don't pay enough attention, the penguin will sneak in your PC and will be too late.
He will jump off your screen, bite you and next thing you see, you will be running on a ice track full of holes and fishes, trying to reach the end of it in time to save the penguin princess, but it will be too late because you don't know the trick.

Attached: kojimaaa.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

You're right user, how could I have been so foolish, it's actually so much better to pay a large premium for software that cannot be studied or modified without threat of legal action, and also that spies on you and serves you ads.

If you say so. I'm not really up on gaming industry standards.

>you know Windows is the industry standard right
Assertion failed.

My standards are higher than the industry's.

>software that cannot be studied or modified without threat of legal action
What are you on about? You can get trainings on Windows straight from Microsoft, and there are well documented APIs for modifying the system. You're an ignoramus.
>it's actually so much better to pay
Windows comes with the computer at no extra charge, but it's still better to pay for the real thing than to use a cheap freeware knock off made by a college student in eastern Europe.

Attached: 1517493974819.png (2408x1488, 1.33M)

Didn't know Active Directory and Exchange were gaming software.

>trainings on Windows
>documentation
These are expensive and time-consuming to produce and keep up to date. The one true reference is the source code.
Also, if you cannot verify a binary was built from a particular source revision, you cannot verify program correctness. Microsoft is actively working against me being able to fix bugs.

>Windows comes with the computer at no extra charge
This isn't even true, no computer I've bought in years has come with Windows. If you are a business customer, Microsoft wants you to buy site licenses because they are more expensive.

Underrated answer.

Honestly the best answer in this entire thread.

/v/-tier trolls only post this bullshit because they have no idea how software works.

The market drives software development but that doesn't mean that the market produces the best software. The market will merely produce software that the unwashed masses will use.

What do normies care about security or an operating system made to handle massively multicore systems? Distributed software? Nope. Just crickets chirping.

If its an application that lets you send cock pics anonymously then you'll make millions and will be an overnight celebrity.

If you make something of substance then no one will know your name.

OP, I know you're a /v/-tier troll but what you fail to realize is that some of us here on Jow Forums are actually more educated than some asshole at Geek Squad that just got his A+ cert. I'm not upset I just don't get what kind of joy it brings to a person's life to be a troll at all.

I've been on Jow Forums since the candlejack days and there are just no more lulz left to be had. Why keep pissing in this ocean of piss? Have a meaningful conversation.

Serious question. What makes AD better than other Linux solutions (proprietary or otherwise)?

Weak bait

i didn't know that people were still trying to run LDAP and kerberos on a gaming operating system

>i didn't know
It shows.

Windows isnt private property
Its straight up feudalism
You get to work the land although most of it goes to microsoft, you just have a permit to live on your lords land
And he can come over and fuck your wife too ya fuckin cuck

sorry bro, post your twitch stream and maybe i'll watch next time

>pay money to view ads
get fucked

I don't make any money on my PC. How is it going to Microsoft?

Bootlicker.jpg

Why not make your data usage an electric bill next?

>Windows comes with the computer at no extra charge
the license fee is included in the selling price of computers with windows preinstalled

Computers without Windows cost the same, retard.

I didn't know people were still trying to do business on hobbyist toy OSes...

I didn't know the only class of OSes that provide proper free market solutions to businesses were considered "hobbyist toys"

Great comment. A false equivalence and everything.