Lamps are killing us

is there any truth to this? even if you're exposed to them almost 24/7?

Attached: 1520857248903.jpg (720x610, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docdro.id/bkn4tHR
allaboutvision.com/cvs/blue-light.htm
youtu.be/VKhpE-oNoGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1515737201472.webm (1920x1080, 1000K)

Light is electromagnetic radiation.

that is not the question.

>the government wants to make CFLs mandatory

Lol wtf is this dumb garbage, LED bulbs from high quality brands go on sale for fucking $0.50-1.00 all the time. Like $10 to do your whole home, who cares

answer the question

Sorry I'm a shitposter not a radiation scientist or someone willing to Google for you

>caring about this and not the radiating phone most people store in their front pocket beside their balls

1. light is electromagnetic radiation
2. blue light can and does negatively effect your sleep

one thing i know about lamps for sure is that those "eco" spiral ones are full of heavy metals and radioactive materials, and if you break one you need to call hazmat rescuers to clear your home. Also it's mandatory to ventilate a room for 15min for every 1h of usage. So stay away from them.

CFL on the other hand seem extremely bad compared to Wolfram and LED, but don't have any solid science behind it, it's just intuition and experience from working with fluorescence in my field

CFLs can irritate your eyes and blue light is bad, but people who claim to be affected by EMF in ways that aren't vision and skin mutation (sunburn/cancer) are lying and/or retarded.

Also, bigger hz number does not mean more power/danger/whatever. While higher frequency EM radiation technically has more energy per unit there are other factors at play and it really doesn't matter unless you're talking about UV and beyond.

I've broken a CFL and didn't die or get hazmat involved. You should just briefly evac the immediate area due to the mercury vapors.

Never heard that ventilation bs

Just read the packaging next time, you'd be surprised how much warnings, cautions and instructions are there compared to LED and W lamps

literally all the Hg vapor evaporates ; just open all the windows

If a light didn't emit electromagnetic radiation, then it wouldn't be a light.

>if you break one you need to call hazmat rescuers to clear your home
Don't actually do this retard.

Symptoms actually range from nothing to more nothing.
RF is not hazardous. There are some hazardous ranges, but guess what, we know exactly what ranges these are.

posting in a troll thread

>is there any truth to this image
Well its not sourced at all. No studies attached. So you should expect it to be false. But I can't give you a no without looking for counter evidence. Ask /sci/.

Wait until you hear about the sun.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I have two lamps on 24/7 and experience all of those.

yes you will die from it
have fun living in darkness

Ultraviolet rays are good for you because they are all natural bro

UNGA BUNGA ELECTRIC LIGHT BAD
GRUG MAKE FIRE INSTEAD

>electromagnetic 26khz
If someone will bring neodymium magnet into the room you will all die!

>is there any truth to this?
To the frequency? Sure.
To the symptoms? Lol, no.

light is radation also it non-ionizing

I've experienced a lot of that since before cfl was even invented

>Malls and office buildings have had fluro lights for many decades
>Compact FLs are evil

>die
>living in darkness
:thinkingface:

>"compact fluorescent lights emit electromagnetic radiation"
yes, it's called fucking light

Probably not. Anyway, why would anyone use that if LEDs are available?

No. Audio is 20-20kHz and you're hearing that shit all the time. RF radiation is all over the place from like 500kHz to over 100GHz and that's all around you too. Switched mode power supplies radiate too and whole snubber networks are designed to suppress this they aren't perfect and still some energy between 30kHz and 3MHz leaks out. It's not harmful. You will not die.

That infographic is stupid anyway. An incandescent radiating 350Hz when it's powered by 50/60Hz mains electricity? Bullshit. Even if there magically is distortion across what is effectively a glorified PTC thermistor you won't get any harmonics at 350Hz for 60Hz and while you might at 50Hz it's the 7th harmonic and by that point it'd barely be above the noise floor.

How do I protect myself from blue light?
They say that blue light protection screens barely do anything

Turn off your monitors/laptop/phone before you go to sleep.

>is there any truth to this?
No, you fucking idiot.

the nazis drank water therefore anyone that drinks water is a nazi

What about 5g guys? I'm to stupid to know if I should be worried about it or not.
But we only understand so much about the damages that cellphones apparently hold but not long term. They haven't even given enough time to test 5g's health implications. I've only heard why its dangerous but no one has said how its not harmful. Cause there just isn't the science yet.

It has no risk

docdro.id/bkn4tHR

Eco spiral? Can you show me a picture?

>Americans are switching to CFL's in 2018

Shouldnt CFL be better then cuz u notice the flicker less?

Fake and gay.
I'd rather believe the jewish coffin-riders than this shit.

make yourself a better schedule. dont watch at displays in the dark too long.
after just a little bit of doing this, you will see how horrible screens are and you'll ask yourself how you could've ever looked at screens.
the screens we have right now are hopefully far from what we will have in the future

5g uses freqencies withing the same ranges as LTE.

There has been no proof that EM is dangerous, but there's many people that claim that is hurts them. None of these have been able to tell when they are exposed to EM in blind tests.

Not only is there no proof, there's no viable scientific theory to support the idea that it is harmful. EM absorbed in the body just turns into heat. Much less heat than a hot water bottle, the sun, or hell, wearing too thick clothing on a hot day.

Yes, not a question. That is an answer. Your point?

oh wow, big scary numbers
whatever shall I do?

Attached: 1521138733376.png (210x260, 15K)

I already get that feeling from screens that are too bright. But I think that's my eyes just adjusting.
The natural preset of screen brightness is abit much.
Though shit like pic related is scary. Even in the manufacturers safety guides they warn you of the dangers of cellphone radiation and say shit like keep it so many feet away from you

Attached: image_9.jpg (974x372, 86K)

EM radiation isn't always harmful only when it is very high energy as in X-rays and gamma rays.

X-rays only start at 3x10^16 Hz

You're fine you bumbling bamboozling tard

get a bio rhythm app, turn the brightness of all your displays/devices to minimum, turn off all light you dont really need, no tv/pc/phone and only one light 1h before sleep, finish day by reading a book, it makes your eyes tired.
you're welcome

Neither did leaded gas. Oh wait...

Attached: 1518416936605.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Depends on exposure route. Alpha radiation is generally harmless but long term exposure to inhaled generators (depleted uranium) can cause long term effects not limited to just the host, but their offspring as well.

With that said, that is wholly irrelevant to this conversation.

Attached: 1508316488126.jpg (625x505, 173K)

that picture makes no sense.
The cellphone is the same size, the heads are different size.
Yet the fucking cellphone radiation distance is different based on the fact if it's irradiating a child or an adult.
I'm serious move the child radiation zone on to the adult.

NO GRUG FIRE HOT FIRE BAD

Fix your diet.

And office workers are the pinnacle of health.

It's just a little bit of melanoma,don't be such a pussy man.

Your right. An idiot made that. Sorry I just picked it up without looking to show you that it is proven that that shit penetrates your body.
But no one can alleviate my worries. This shit don't look safe

The "I never studied physics" starter pack, I see...

Just use LED bulbs in every room, that's what I do.

>It's just
*cancerous growth forms*
>a little bit
*doctors cut a 5lb chunk of meat out of your back*
>of melanoma,
*endures months of vomiting and hair loss under radiation*
>don't be such a pussy man.
*dies*

Attached: 1516847369915.png (456x470, 254K)

>your sleep
and your eyes, apparently allaboutvision.com/cvs/blue-light.htm

It has "truth" in the same way that the Penn & Teller sketch where they got hippies to sign a petition curbing dihydrogen monoxie (i.e., water) had "truth", it's a meme picture crafted to make uneducated dipshits panic and give everyone else a mild chuckle

>mfw microwave ovens operate at 2.4GHz
>mfw emit 1000W of energy and excite water molecules enough to cook food
>mfw cell phones operate up to 850MHz or so
>mfw 10mW-100mW of Xmit energy is slowly cooking your brain over time

Fluorescent lights are used since 1960 I think. So they are safe.
And CFLs emit radio, because they have shitty non-FCC compliant power supplies.

It isn't. Which is why the way I talk on cellphones is have earphones plugged in and I talk in a loud voice to the phone which I hold out in front of me about 10-15cm.
And never, NEVER talk into an elevator, because what happens when the signal is shit, the phone boosts its signal, so if you are talking with a phone in an elevator you are nuking your brain, and for what, because you wanted to talk 20 seconds earlier?

With things like this, noticeable changes don't manifest in a human lifetime. Unless you plan on living for a few hundred years some how then it doesn't matter.

I bought 1000w halogen work lamp for video lighting. It works too well, gave me a slight sun burn. Do not recommend.

Attached: 84295369-148c-4498-a849-1a04934f3ab6.jpg (800x600, 83K)

Sunlight is a lot nore cancerous than any lamp.

>Sunlight is a lot nore cancerous than any lamp.
Jow Forums is way more cancerous than anything in the universe. Yet...
Why are we still here?
youtu.be/VKhpE-oNoGY

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell on 4chin

Attached: Bane_front_C7bUAFHpkO.facecrop_7d5a0d4e.jpg (150x167, 5K)

100% serious.

frequency doesn't equate to total power released. released rf energy stored as field in the inductor of the ballast will be extremely minute as CFLs are also significantly more efficient than light bulbs and also LEDs (in converting to total radiation). 27khz is in VLF radio range which still has incredibly low energy, it is rf radiation with single photons on par with that of shining a remote at you but the number of photons you would get running your router. it is not of any more danger than going outside for a few seconds.

>100% serious.
I'm still not sure... This is very fucked up dude. I'm scared. Why aren't people being serious about this shit? You know little babies are in danger

Attached: tumblr_oz7q5lJjWM1vy2tgqo3_250.jpg (250x250, 13K)

>I'm still not sure...
Not sure that I take precautions?

>Why aren't people being serious about this shit?
>They aren't big pussies, it's just a little cancer. What are you a baby hahahah :D
That is the general mindset of people, peer pressure into doing stupid shit and since it doesn't obviously and quickly cause bad effects, you can cook the frog alive slowly.

I remember having a scientist do a lecture and they said that while they didn't prove that it causes cancer, they proved that it only weakened the brains blood barrier so there is no worries.
Let me say it again. It only weakens the only system in your body that filters any kind of toxins and poisons from your blood stream to your brain. Who needs that anyway hahahaha, "minor" side effect, 100% proven, but who cares, who would have use for that.

WTF is that? A thetan meter?

Attached: light bulbs.png (1640x800, 560K)

It’s becuase he’s missing numerous citations.

I don't understand, but light is EMR...

Do they mean there's x-ray or gamma radiation?

>deesillustration
ayy lmao

Attached: vaccine-dees-illustration.jpg (450x576, 74K)

All of the lightbulbs are safe. Obviously you'd want the spectrum to be closest to natural sunlight. Sunlight is blackbody radiation mostly. Incandescent is also blackbody but it doesn't get nearly hot enough get the same spectrum. LEDs (specifically warm white) are probably the best. CFLs have sharp spectral lines so are the most unnatural.

Attached: light-spectrum.jpg (4724x2593, 1.75M)

>anti vaxx retards on Jow Forums
great

oh gee, let my kid die of a medieval era disease that went extinct a millennia ago.

>oh my god my light is killing me with photons

lol

>legal limit

lol MRI does 20W/kg in the abdomen and 4W/kg in the head

The EM radiation from CFL and LED lights comes from the switch mode power supply. Incandescent is 50 or 60Hz and its harmonics. In either case if that's harmful we're just going to have to live with it because we would have to give up everything electrical to get rid of it.

Ha ha. You scared of wibbly waveys like little babby.

Attached: Ugg.jpg (186x271, 10K)

Read the study from scientists not the infographic from some guy who pirated photoshop. You should really use an external mic with your cellphone. I bought a pair of /csg/ earphones for

Attached: 1525879813519.jpg (991x629, 66K)

literally read

As long as you cover your cranium with tin, you should be safe.

more people were killed by open fire (up to gas lamps) than from electrical lamps.

Or skull thick like Ugg.

You have thin head like babby!

Attached: Uggg.png (184x271, 76K)

>Obviously you'd want the spectrum to be closest to natural sunlight.
Only for visible light.

Specifically, you don't tend to want the UV or IR part of the sunlight for room lighting.

>The government wants ta make CFLs mandatory
lol the EPA is not the government

Why would you want your indoor lightbulbs to emit a simulation of natural sunlight
Staying inside all day shitposting on Jow Forums is SUPPOSED to feel unnatural

>gamma rays are photons
>microwaves are photons
>radio waves are photons
>ultraviolet is photons

This is the second dumbest shit I have ever seen on Jow Forums.
First place is flat earth theory

>First place is flat earth theory
No wait don't say that, you'll trigger the paranoid schizophrenics that lurk Jow Forums. They'll start spamming image macros and typing on their keyboards real hard. You don't want that.

Protium Oxide is safe
Deuterium/Tritium are the bad ones

>he doesn't know that earth is literally flat when viewed from the 4th dimension

Rubbish!
LED and Fluorescent work in exactly the same way to produce visible light!