Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?

Unironically, why the fuck do you use Linux?

It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows, fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches that one other person on the planet has experienced.

Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?

The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you using Linux. Even Apple is a better choice for Pete Sake.

Attached: LinuxDeprecated.png (623x515, 117K)

>Are you making money from Linux? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?
All of these

Proprietary programs are fundamentally flawed and should be replaced at any opportunity. Just because something is easy to get doesn't mean it's good.

I'm not making money from either, and Linux is free in all ways.

Because it makes me a 1337 haxor. Nah, but since the newest windows it has fucked every setting over making it unable for me to enjoy my games and talking to friends. If you know what you are doing you should not run into that many linux problems

Why would anyone care other people's OS choices?

Attached: 1515976102877.png (544x638, 619K)

Unironically, why the fuck do appletoddlers think they will ever be welcome on Jow Forums?

>downloads tottalyfreehotnewgameforabsolutelyfree.lol.nojoke.completelyfree.notavirus.exe
>OMG WTF I GET VIRUS
>FUCKING M$!!!111
>goes out and buys a macbook
>max r SO secure and KEWL!!!11 no VIRUX xD

>downloads hottestnewjustinbieberxdrniggagangstashit.jpg.mpg.HOT.music.album.FREE.tar.apk
>OMG WTF MY PHONE GET VIRUS
>FUCKING ANDROD!!!11
>goes out and buys ishit
>PHEW im so glad apel treats me like a toddler and doesnt let me install or do anything, freedum is too dangerous xDD

>sees a linux CLI
>OMG WTF THIS COMPUTER IS BROKEN
>MOOOOOOM user BROKE HIS COMPUTER AND IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT IT
>WE NEED TO GO TO BESTBUY AND GET IT FIXED
>Y CANT COMPUTERS JUS WORK
>MUH APEL MUH APEL MUH APEL

You pathetic virgin fruit cult faggots are literally terrified of and hate technology yet you keep trying to shill your chintrash fruit toys here thinking anyone with a brain will actually buy it.

Attached: 1513205661751.png (429x245, 38K)

All I need I can do on Linux (most of it in emacs). It's even saving me time due to running faster on my machine than Windows and not requiring me to do as much maintainance work to keep it working. It also makes my life easier since I could tune it to my workflow.

Linux is fun
Linux looks good on a resume
Linux doesn't bend you over and fuck you for money

I would rather play in the terminal all day than be a cuck to a company like Apple or Windows

The fuck is emacs?
I was watching videos on people recommending it over Vim and from an outsider perspective I don't see why

I looks life like linux within linux

Buddy
I despise apple, but right now you're being as autistic as OP

Because libre software is cool and has no bullshit like some proprietary software. For me it's also more convenient to use bash, various tools and write scripts than click everywhere or wait until powershell opens and hope that the program I want to interact with works with powershell. Honestly, the real and fundamental reason is just that I like GNU/Linux more. It's not a technical argument at all.

Linux (+GNU) is the most well thought of system out of the big three. People who use it keep using it because it feels awesome to use it. You would know this if you would use it yourself. Installing it once on a non-supported hardware and then running crying back doesn't count. It's a totally different operating system so you'll need time to get used to it.

Attached: 1526357474576.jpg (680x709, 127K)

What the fuck are you anti-linux retards doing that causes "obscure glitches" every time you install Linux? I have installed various distros on many, many machines and the only weird glitches I've had we're caused by user error shit.
Like seriously, what the fuck?

Mactoddlers will defend this.

>Is it saving you time?
This. I got tired of reformatting my mom's computer's after she'd get them aids from streaming sites. Put her on linux over a decade ago. I've had to install a printer once or twice and that's it.

Yeah
Linux is a sturdy OS that just works
It can get you a job and it doesn't need to be fixed

I run it as a server is. It makes me money.

> All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for programs you can easily get in Windows
If you just consume applications then yea Windows is probably the way to go. If you need to do actual work, a Linux environment is usually better (or Apple if you're in that ecosystem). Developing on Linux is easy as hell.

>install Linux
>spend a day installing torrent clients, music player, video player, web browser, steam, etc
>spend another day installing wine and Photoshop
>remove maybe one bloat program

Much easier than spending a week uninstalling Windows 10 bloat, downloading programs to disable uninstallable programs like Cortana and Edge, disabling all telemetry, disabling the programs that disable disabling telemetry, disabling the programs that reenable telemtetry, disabling the home screen, disabling updates, and all the other bullshit

Unironically, why the fuck do you use Windows?

It's so pointless. All you do is spend all your time figuring out replacements for basic functionality you get by default in Linux, fixing problems, and dealing with obscure glitches that thousands of other people on the planet have experienced and Microsoft simply doesn't give a fuck about.

Are you making money from Windows? Is it saving you time? Is it improving your life in some way?

The answer to those is "no" so why the fuck are you using Windows. Even Apple is a better choice for fuck's sake.

How?
Details you lucky basterd

You still fall for this shit every time, and they say /x/ is the dumbest board, kek.

True OS is better than Gentoo
prove me wrong

>non-supported hardware
Windows doesn't have this problem.

>install windows 7
>lose motherboard driver disk
>try to download drivers online, 'wrong operating system'
>can't connect to internet, gpu doesn't work
>need to install everything manually
>install ubuntu
>everything literally works
?

>He doesn't like having control over his own system

I use Linux on a chromebook to get more out of the machine. Why wouldn’t I do that when the software is free?

you sound like you've never touched a distro in your life
take 10 mins, install anarchy (with all the stuff you want. never deal with it again unless you want to.

>install Ubuntu from 2009, when Windows 7 came out
>actually you can't
Oops.

why are you using an outdated system?
oh wait, is this because Win10 is even worse than 7 while Linux got better?

If you'd actually used Windows 10 as primary for a while, you'd have known it's light-years ahead of 7 let alone other OSes in every non-meme category.

I do at work
it's bad

I'm not. But i'm currently backing up my files and installing Kubuntu today.
The latest update slowed down my laptop drastically, and not being able to remove certain apps pisses me off.
It is a machine. It is supposed to do what i tell it to. Not pretend that it somehow knows better and prohibiting me from doing certain changes.
I unironically like Win 10, it does what i need it to do, but fuck does it act like i'm an idiot

/thread

but chromebook is non-free bloatware

I agree with you.
I've tried multiple distros, spent countless hours setting them up and getting everything to work, then realised I don't want to waste time havig to do that in the future.

Win 7 for me, no oppressive win 10 updates, no useless extras I don't want, just speed with a minimal OS.

Attached: fight you_met_me_at_a_strange_time_by_mscorley-d3ajski.jpg (3000x2140, 1.01M)

Green texts read perfectly, but why all the nonsense meme-speak outside of that?

thank you for this amazing post