Tell me if i fucked this up

I watched a few videos, went through pcpartpicker to make sure all the components are compatible.
Please tell me if i've overlooked something silly, or just berate me for picking stupid overpriced parts that i'll regret.
Also, will this system be capable of 1440p 144hz or should i not expect so much?

Attached: Screenshot (16).png (1920x1080, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/n2JwrH/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca300
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks fine to me user. The only thing I would possibly change is getting some higher frequency VRAM, but thats fine. You'll hit 1440p 144hz no issue.

thanks bud, just good to know someone else has looked it over and im not just self assuring. about to look into the VRAM now

Only thing I would change would be to go to miniITX, it is simply better smaller and more portable.

why buy last gen intel. why buy intel in general.

Attached: 8a2c51514e.jpg (400x388, 61K)

is the 8700 really that much better? and on that note, is ryzen actually better for anything other than my wallet? real curiosity
why would i be concerned about portability in a desktop? On the "better" part though, what exactly makes it better? i assumed to go with ATX so id have plenty of room for everything to fit comfortably, without worrying about cooler conflicting with RAM and things of the nature

its mostly that full size ATX boards are unnecessary since you won't sacrifice anything by using micro atx. still get 4 ram slots etc. Even if you never move it around its nice to have a smaller footprint

You fucked this uo completely user imo

>paying $300 on a 4 core cpu in mid 2018

>cpu
Use the R 5 2600X and oc it to 4.2 GHz. This should work with the stock cooler.

>MoBo
Either something with the X470 chipset (they've gotten cheaper) or if you want to save some sheckels a B350 one and do the processor swap for bios update.

>ram
Get 3200 MHz ram like the GSkill Ripjaw one or the better Trident Z one

>SSD
For the love of god get a M.2 SSD like the Samsung Evo 960. I have two of them in two builds and they are stupid fast.
The Ryzen architechture has 4 lanes reserved for direct M.2 connection passing the chipset.

>gpu
OK

>case
just make sure to put enough fans in there. A lot of slow fans make it silet and cool. Few fast fans make it loud.

>psu
Quite overkill. Something in the 500w should absolutely do the trick. There are no power hungry HDDs or CD drives etc anymore in these days.
Get the Xilence 530W or something like this. (have two Xilence ones and they are good)
Expensive PSUs are a meme.

1440p 144Hz should work, if you really need it get a 1080ti

not even in a cooling factor?

No, the case width is generally about the same, just height and length are different

Do you need 4TB storage?
I have 19TB (with another 4TB currently waiting) but I hoard anime. If you're not a massive pirate you don't need that much and could get this instead:

pcpartpicker.com/product/n2JwrH/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca300

I'd get the 8700k for more future-proofing.

The Cryorig H7 doesn't seem to perform sufficiently better than a 212 EVO to justify the price increase. If you're not going to turn in the rebate then it's fine since it's only $5 difference, but for $15 after rebate I'd take the EVO.

You don't need 750W for that and the EVGA 650W is $70 on Amazon with no rebate, so again if you're not going to turn in that $20 rebate I'd save the $35 off the top.
I'd personally get the SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze for $50 since I don't care about modular cables.

The 2700x is within 5% of the 8700k in gaming and far ahead of it in everything else. Not to mention they come with a decent cooler, saving you money. If you really want to give Intel your money spend the extra $40 and gain the extra two cores, it will further future-proof the computer for a small amount of money.

Everything else is personal choice. Faster memory helps, 3200mhz is probably the most you would need. I think the s340 elite is better for the aesthetics but if you're trying to keep cost down you're fine.

Attached: 54354654869987.jpg (495x409, 32K)

>get a 6 core cpu for more future proofing
fucking tip top kek faggot.

constructive criticism really appreciated here, seems the consensus if not recommending ryzen is to just shell out the shekels for the 8700 which i will do, and i like the couple pieces here and there to cut back on excess too. Good looking guys.
and if you wanna explain to me how 4 cores is better im all ears, why should i go with the 7700 instead?

>explain
Well 4 cores is ok for right now but 6 cores isnt futureproof, its barely above "ok ish" now. It sure as fuck isnt futureproof.

oh okay so its not so much of shitting on it as it is shitting on calling it future proof.

Nothing's future-proof but 6>4

8 Core is could be considered future proof today given thats with in reason the most cores you can easily get your hands on (excluding HT)

>intlel

sage and hide

>jewtel housefire
>4 CORE PROCESSOR IN 20 FUCKING 18
>Novideo spyware shit
>750W PSU for a 400W max system
>2400MHz RAM
Trash built. kys OP

Attached: SeriousCat.jpg (297x297, 13K)

replace ABP with ublock

MiniITX are generally the size of a basketball so if you ever have to take your computer anywhere it's a lot easier. They also look pretty sweet, mine looks like a cube. If you've been building computer throughout your life, a miniITX build should be your next challenge IMO. I've never had any heating issues with mine. You'll love it.

Attached: thermaltake-core-v1-mini-itx-cube-case-front-20cm-fan-2-x-usb3-side-window.jpg (1200x1200, 273K)

should have taken ddr4 running 3200Mhz, it's barely more cash.
and
>buying 4 core cpu in 2018 for 300$
yuck! why would you do this

This. You can probably cut down on hdd storage space to make the ram still fit in the same budget