PCIE wireless antenna extension

Is possible to do the thing in the photo? extend the antennas with a cable? and if it is possible, which cable, what maximum length, drawbacks, etc.?

Attached: antennas.png (819x460, 77K)

Maybe with the antennas in pic.
Ask in the DIY board.

It's SMA, reverse I think. Why would you want to do this?

Google wave guides if you're trying to get better reception. There's a reason the antennas are the length that they are and using a longer element will hurt not help.

See now, if you just spent the extra $20 you could've gotten something like this already with a higher bandwidth and better antenna but you chose to cheap out and now you're paying for it.

forgot pic

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1000x1000, 49K)

this is called a transmission link. properly designed, it doesn't change the antenna's characteristics and only introduces minimal losses of signal strength. at 1-2 meters, losses would be negligible anyway.

For better reception, because there is quite interference and mass between my antenas and the router.

I have not bought anything lol, I am between a USB wireless NA or a PCIe wireless NA, but if I am going to buy the PCIe one I need to do that.

Here you go. There are reverse polarity connectors, so double check to make sure you get the right one.

Attached: sma-rpsma.jpg (500x270, 26K)

It should work with any decent coaxial cable

Wifi gear uses Reverse-Polarity SMA instead of normal so you'll need to get a cable or adapters with that in mind.

Attached: RP-SMA-SMA-Connector.jpg (700x340, 52K)

The extensions are quite expensive, do you recommend buying a PCIe and do this, or just buy a USB wireless NA with a long usb cable?

yes i just did today as i moved house and was gettting shitty wifi

i had a few metres of some mini coax laying around as i am avionics guy - (shit is expensive)

anyways dont dick around with connectors you can just solder the coax to the wifi card

.... or you can just order a full new antenna + cable for nothing from ali express

50 ohm coaxial cable right? with the RPSMA connectors, probably is easy to assemble that, but I am afraid to fuck things up and buy things that are not haha, I am inclining now with buying a USB wireless NA. I have not bought this but if am going to do, I need to do that.

To do it right, you would need a crimper and possibly soldering iron. It would be cheaper to get a long USB cable.

yes, 50 ohms is correct.

Just buy some chinkshit RP-SMA extension cable from aliexpress or something, it'll cost practically nothing.

Hmmm yeah I am sticking with a USB NA with a long usb cable for now, but would be cool to buy a PCIe and do this in the future, and test which is better.

Thank you for the help.

What? I bought a 15m SMA cable a few months ago and it wasn't too much, I can't imagine a couple 1m or 2m ones would be much

lmr-400. Low loss up to 6GHz.

Buy an PCIe to USB 3.0 adapter instread.
Then a long an good USB 3.0 cable and a USB 3.0 WiFi dongle.
Dealing with antennae can be a rabbithole with no end. So keep the adapter as close to the antennae as possible.

You could also get a wireless Ethernet bridge. It requires some configuration, but will be the easiest on your computer, as it will just require you to use the Ethernet port.

Oh look, it's a girl(male) :^)

Of course, you just need a SMA male-female cable.