A rooted Galaxy S4 running Lineage, a 5-year-old $200 Verizon-branded Android tablet, and a low-end Dell laptop

>a rooted Galaxy S4 running Lineage, a 5-year-old $200 Verizon-branded Android tablet, and a low-end Dell laptop
It truly doesn't get better than that.
Name a single holier trinity. I'll wait.

Attached: 1527309440432.jpg (511x509, 36K)

A rooted Galaxy S5 running Lineage, a 5 year old $300 ATT branded Android tablet, and a mid-range Dell laptop.

motorola flip phone, portable CB radio, used panasonic toughbook

Same experience, except you got chumped out of extra change. Cheaper option always wins.

NEXT

But user, the S5 is objectively superior to the S4, and mid-range is by definition better than low-end!

>rationalizing poverty

lol

>objectively superior
>same thing except uglier and kinda waterproof as long as the charging port door doesn't break off
nah.

Listen here, kid. Here's a little life lesson: the cheaper option is always the better option. Apple is robbing you and laughing on their way to the bank.

Bigger battery, better hardware, better camera.
>uglier
I shiggy.
>charging port door breaks off
Literally never had this happen.

Face it kid. I've had both the S4 and the S5, as well as the S6 and S7. There is a marked improvement with each generation.

a rooted galaxy note8, an ipad air 2 and a high-end 2018 dell laptop

Hijacking this shit thread, I need an android tablet with a good display for animu what do you poorfags recommend?

iPhone X, iPad Pro, Macbook Pro

try 60 aspirin

S8+
2016 MBP i5, 16gb, 512gb
Dell Optiplex Ivy Bridge i5, 16gb, RX 550 4gb, SSD for Windows and another for Fedora

Tablets are gay. This is the real Trinity.

>a wireless landline phone, a CRT TV with rabbit ears, and a wooden boxed vacuum tube radio

Plebs get on my level.

>$100 xiaomi redmi 5a
>$200 chromebook
>$500 desktop computer, not including monitors and peripherals
I use my chromebook to SSH into my cloud dev environment, make offline commits to my git repos, and start torrents on my desktop computer. At home I use it as a second monitor with a KBM sharing software called Synergy. Smartphones aren't that useful for me so idk.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

> Rooted galaxy s8, with debloated galaxy s9 rom
> Kindle paperwhite 2
> Thinkpad x201 running void linux + i3 gaps.

Almost perfect. Galaxy s8 is a little too modern. But hell, I got it for $200 with a cracked screen, and fixed it to as-new condition for another $200.

>10 years old dekstop
>5 yo ayysus leltop
>Xiaomeme note
>cheapo 3yo 7 inch memediatek tablet

They're already more than enough for me, except dekstop need moar ram.

>xiaomi redmi 5a
Is That the best cheap xiaomi right now?

>xiaomi redmi 5a
non-removable battery

To my knowledge yeah.
Budget enough to replace with another chink phone if the battery dies.

>rooted Galaxy S5 with AOSP, no tablet because tablets are fucking trash and an X220 running Solus

Get on my level.

>new "used" Thinkpad (2x, for if one breaks down or to test new distro's on)
>2500K machine
>Animu figures/posters/plushes everywhere
>Flip phone for phone calls and SMS

If I did not need Whatsapp for almost everything I would totally use the Flip phone.

>Solus
Literally perfect up to that part, just use Debian or Arch.

i'm a poorfag.
even i don't use those shitty machines.

My S4 bricked but I found a Nokia 3310 and charger while investigating the attic. Also found a vintage walkman. So, I guess:
>Nokia 3310
>No tablet because I'm not thick
>Thinkpad x200 (librebooted, ofc)

xiaomeme redmeme note 4x running pajeet os, who the fuck needs a tablet when their phone is already huge?, a desktop.

Didnt trump use an S3 up until the elections?

Nexus 6P / Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet / X220 Laptop

Maximum comfy

But he's right, an G900F S5 running Lineage , and a Latitude E6430 with a 3740QM, Running Win 10 Ent LTSB, are the ideal mobile device combo.

It'll do everything you need, and more, and no one will want to steal it.

>redmeme note 4 global, kindle paperwhite and a custom PC
Can't beat that. Cheap as fuck and fills all the needs.

must suck being this poor

>ideal mobile device
>Win 10
So you can browse Facebook on the go?

Z5 Compact
X230t

Black rectangles are the best

Win 10 LTSB is actually a very good operating system

Attached: OhGod.gif (500x281, 452K)

just buy a midrange shitsung with an amoled panel on it
it will be ok trust me

Why do you need a tablet? why would anyone?

Any rooted and degapped newer OnePlus device running RR, no tablet because tablets are for faggots, a high-end Dell XPS 13 from late 2017 (last model with USB-A), and to complete the trinity, a powerful personal server with at least 24 CPU cores

>130€ Shield Tablet K1
>140€ Xiaomeme Mi A1 (64GB)

Replace the iPhone X with an iPhone 8 Plus and yes.

>Tablets are gay.
>
>You will never know the comfiness of reading an e-book in bed comfortably
>You will never take up drawing as a hobby without needing to buy shitloads of supplies
>You will never shitpost from a tablet nor will you ever understand what's so great about it
>You I'll continue to deprive yourself of the world's greatest joy because you think tablets are "gay"
I pity you. I truly do.

For tasks that are too casual to warrant booting up a computer, logging in, looking at splash screens, etc but also for tasks where you wouldn't want to be confined to a 5-inch display.

Galaxy S5 with Lineage, Libreboot T400 and a modified LS-10 for audio

On my S4 i9505 the wifi & bluetooth isn't working on Lineage OS, and I don't know why but there are no problems on my i9515's wifi.

Got any tips for me mate? I'd prefer to use my i9505 because the 9515 isn't official Lineage and it's buggy.

Attached: megumin.png (1240x1748, 2.27M)

Galaxy S4 is objectively the greatest smartphone ever made

sadly, poor people and people with older/cheaper phones are inversely correlated

LG G Pad 8.3

why not just suspend your shit instead of turning it off?

You wouldn't want to read a book on a laptop.
There's are certain things you just wouldn't want to do on a laptop because of form factor.
Also, RAM usage.

Spend some money on a new phone for fuck's sake.

lol
you can say Microsoft dominates the market, you can say they've made most professional programs windows exclusive, you can say they appropriated the game market
but you can't say that they made a good operating system

Attached: 1527149960488-g.jpg (416x508, 50K)

Microsoft made Windows 7 one time a while ago.

i always read books on my laptop when studying

And that's how you prefer it?
Is it one of those "2-in-1s" that flip around to get the keyboard out of the way?

Attached: 1527305735849.jpg (384x384, 20K)

Touche.

Let's say, "one of their least bad operating systems", then?

Reflash the latest stock ROM with Odin, then go through and redo the custom recovery root, and Lineage install process.

The mid priced option is always better than the cheapest and the most expensive option. If you want to go for the cheapest option go for something used from the most expensive option

Wealth comes at a cost.

Low-end electronics typically tend to perform just as well as mid-range electronics for less than half the price.

Low-End electronics typically is something assembled with bottom of the barrel components in order to sell something that's barely usable, mid-end is decent components for a good overall experience with decent performance and hi-end is a little bit of performance added to the mid-end plus a ton of stuff nobody actually cares about but is good for marketers

Mid-end is always the right way to go. Unless you go for the used market, again

Rooted Note 4 with custom stock-based ROM, $300 Celeron B800 laptop and a ol'Xeon x5450.

Did I mention a modded Xbox classic and a Schneider SVC-216 VCR?

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
We need to put GOD back in schools, not more computers and I-Phones

>ebooks
>drawing on a tablet with shit latency and accuracy
>shitposting slowly due to touch keyboard
>joy of freedom from another shitty device that requires charging

Truly a convincing post, user.

A rooted S9 running Lineage, a new $399 iPad, and a low-end Acer laptop

galaxy s2 and x230
no tablet
yes im poor
the most resource intensive thing i use the phone for is youtube

>>ebooks
Objectively better than normal books. You can take your entire library with you and save a shitload of physical space no longer needing a bookshelf. You can still highlight and mark up like you normally would. There are literally no downsides to reading ebooks.
>>drawing on a tablet with shit latency and accuracy
iPad unironically doesn't have this problem. Even the entry-level iPad has almost zero latency. Look it up, the Apple Pencil has been getting rave reviews from artists for this very reason.
And since the iPad Pro has a laminated display, there's no parallax effect, meaning better accuracy. ProMotion is the shit.
Lots of Android tablets are great for digital art, too. Particularly the Galaxy Tab.
>>shitposting slowly due to touch keyboard
Typing on a huge screen is surprisingly easy as long as the screen is above 8 inches. You'd be surprised at how few mistakes you make. Your typing speed won't actually be hindered by much if at all. Autocorrect takes care of the rest, and pretty accurately too.
But there are physical keyboard add-ons if it's an absolute necessity for you. This also adds keyboard shortcuts, which come in handy.
>>joy of freedom from another shitty device that requires charging
Tiny price to pay.

(This shitpost was written entirely on a tablet in under 2 minutes, by the way.)

>needing a tablet
Double redditor

That's not how you spell Nexus 5, user.

>drawing on a tablet with shit latency and accuracy
Shitty drawing on tablets hasn't been a thing since the Surface came out. Nowadays every tablet supports a stylus with thousands of points of pressure sensitivity, built-in gyroscopes and accelerometers and tiny amounts of latency.
The "lag/inaccuracy" argument simply cannot be made anymore.

they're comfy. don't know what else to tell you. it's nice to not rely on a bulky computer for everything.

Attached: 1527307499452.jpg (1200x1000, 805K)

Great post, Sandra! Tell the kids I said hello from Texas! :)

>Thinking you're hot shit for having shitty hardware.

Attached: 1512283789641.png (645x729, 36K)

There is no such thing as shitty hardware. Only shitty users who don't know how to make the best of what they got.

>Hardware bugs don't exist
>All hardware is equally powerful

Attached: 6545432.png (190x266, 11K)

Yes, and what's your point?

$20 cellphone with sd card, headphone jack, and removable battery
$15 kindle fire hd running lineage
$250 T520 with upgrades