I warn you don't fall for mechanical keyboard meme, recently got pic related...

I warn you don't fall for mechanical keyboard meme, recently got pic related, feels good throwing mechanical into the bin, you're free to fall for thinkpad meme, the keyboard is actually good

Attached: 61cStKyNITL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/wiki/Buckling_spring
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>chiclet
*breaths in*

The only good non-mechanical keyboard I've used was an Apple scissor switch keyboard. I'll stick to buckling springs.

t. poorfag which can't afford a mech. They can be had for literally less than 50$.

man this is a+ bait. not using the better thinkpad keyboard in the picture was a great idea

had one before that
>loud
>buttons are higher because of form factor, so need to raise hands
>need to use more force to click
>shortcuts like alt+f4 uncomfortable to press
only pro of mechs is that keycaps do not wear if they use pbt

you literally bought the wrong thinkpad keyboard
lmao @ your life

Cannot swap Ctrl and Fn on left though

>chicklet
>good

>buttons are higher
>loud
choose a different model, then

ur the kind of guy that falls for the thinkpad keyboard meme and manages to buy the wrong one and still praise it

are you... are you fucking stupid?
the chiclet one is literally worse than any other keyboard

Attached: 1520274913059.jpg (1000x829, 536K)

>Chiclet

Explain yourself

I think it's a good compromise between the flat laptop keys and the deep mechanical keyboard

Attached: 1525441007339.jpg (4076x1376, 1.32M)

> loud
> need to use more force to click
It's literally your own fault you bought a switch you don't like. It's like trying a new macbook keyboard and then saying "wow rubber domes are literally unusable".
> buttons are higher because of form factor, so need to raise hands
There are low profile switches but those are still kinda niche, so fair point. You did use cherry profile keycaps though, right?
> shortcuts like alt+f4 uncomfortable to press
Literally what

Buckling springs are a type of membrane keyboard.

The best type

You're using the wrong buckling springs then

>It's literally your own fault you bought a switch you don't like.
even the "silent" switches are loud compared to membrane

And i think you were dropped on your head as a kid.

it is pretty decent, though I found the Logitech's K780 much better (now only if it would have a backlight)

They're literally not. My Matias QC makes about as much noise as my classic thinkpad keyboard, less if I bottom out softly.

Nice comeback faggot

For everyone else:
I recommend that keyboard
It's small and light enough to be carried arround (unlike my original model m)
It doubles as a mouse (for raspbbery pi)
If you already have recent Thinkpad you don't have to relearn your muscle memory

Attached: 1496184677578.jpg (529x604, 57K)

I think that's meant to be used from a couch, so you can shitpost on your TV in the living room.
Not to replace your main keyboard at your desk.

>If you already have recent Thinkpad you don't have to relearn your muscle memory

Unless you fell for the X2xx meme.
Their keys are spaced closer together.

Nope, all buckling spring keyboards use membranes instead of mechanical switches.

I'm genuinely unsure if you're baiting or genuinely retarded

I wish he was baiting, but he's right. Look it up.

Ok so I did to make sure I wasn't going crazy and I can't find anything. Give me a link or something.

Also not entirely related but I forgot to mention that "membrane" and "mechanical" aren't mutually exclusive. The differentiating factor between mechanical and not are the rubber domes, not the membrane.

>hating chiclet because why not
People on Jow Forums that hate on things for no reason are fucking cancer. If you tried the new thinkpad keybaords you'd know that they are in many terms better

Jow Forums doesn't even know WHY chiclets have a bad name.

Real chiclets are shit because their flat surface doesn't help to center your fingers.

But the Thinkpad "chiclets" do have curved surfaces, that's why they are alright.

flat laptop keys ARE chiclet, you fucking inbred moron

I hate chiclets because it makes my hands and fingers hurt like hell. I've never had this problem with normal keyboards.

deskthority.net/wiki/Buckling_spring

The original buckling spring keyboard, the IBM Model F, didn't actually use a membrane. The distinction he made is a flawed one though since the definition of 'mechanical' is somewhat vague; are Topre switches mechanical? Are foam and foil?

Not only do they have curved surfaces, but the actual depth of buttons is greater than the ones on old keyboards. The buttons themselves are actually better

Pros
>deeper press
>curved buttons - easy to find without looking
>actually sturdy and doesn't flex like the old keyboard
>backlit keyboard actually helps seeing something unlike that shit LED that blinded me every time I used it

Cons
>no dedicated volume, BIOS, brightness buttons

have you even seen how big thinkpad chiclet buttons are ? It's not the same chiclet why does Jow Forums refuse to acknowledge this

Attached: csm_Thinkpad_T460_06_ppt0_47eb6c2917.jpg (1920x1147, 334K)

>keyboards
>spending 200 bucks on a mechanical meme
>Not just buying something like pic related for 10 bucks
It works and is comfy to type on.
Of course I replaced those awful rubber abominations with normal keys.

Attached: keyboard-natec-genesis-r11.jpg (458x458, 26K)

>have you even seen how big thinkpad chiclet buttons are ?
I've used many chiclet keyboards, thinkpads included. To be fair the chiclets on thinkpads don't hurt me as much but they are still a problem for me. They're not as bad as some other chiclets where I can't even feel the button clicking, but I still have problems with any kind of chiclet keyboards.

I have pic related and it's great, I liked the form factor of a Thinkpad keyboard but the tactile feedback of clicky mech switches, the low profile Kailh blue switches are great for me.

Attached: hv-kb390l-low-profile-mechanical-keyboard-6.jpg (1500x1500, 44K)

How ? Elaborate
I've changed from x220 to T450 a few years ago and felt nothing.

>I don't like mechanical keyboards because I was upset with a cheep chink MX blue board I tried eight years ago.

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1527190174731.jpg (996x720, 98K)

When I use chiclets I feel like I'm just touching instead of pressing the buttons and I can't stand it and I press the buttons harder than I should because I'm so used to regular keyboards that it makes my fingers and hands hurt. Thinkpad chiclets are kinda tolerable but I can't get used to them. It's not just ergonomic problems that bother me, it can be other problems like the layout changes or the fact that I can't find specific keys without looking at them. I don't have these problems with old thinkpads or regular desktop keyboards.

I get being used to one layout and refusing to change, but I don't get how you don't "feel" the press. I doubt you really used thinkpad chiclet, I feel the press more on new keybaords than on old ones. Now the buttons are kind of snappy, you press them and both feel and hear a 'click'. On the old keyboards the buttons were similar, but not as snappy, they were kind of slower

>You have to spend few hundred more! I swear it's going to be good this time!

le gamer keys xD

I can feel the press on thinkpad chiclets but they're simply not as satisfying as normal keyboards which cause similar problems with other chiclets. I've also used some laptops where the chiclets are so bad that I literally cannot feel them press.

the current mechanical keyboards target audience :-DDDD :DD

Not him but I've typed on both an X220 and X230 keyboard and ended up doing the classic keyboard mod. The keyfeel just isn't nearly as satisfying.
> backlit keyboard actually helps seeing something unlike that shit LED that blinded me every time I used it
The backlight literally doesn't light anything up other than the keyboard itself, and who looks at the keyboard while typing? The thinklight is actually useful as a nightlight type of thing when shitposting in the dark.

No, this is the current mechanical target audience

Attached: 1527340051098.jpg (3774x2268, 2.14M)

Attached: 1527153669892.png (1190x968, 807K)

You fucked up.

Attached: 74D8357E-7AB5-41E7-862B-464DB6FEB171.jpg (600x512, 65K)

Notice the differences:
>ergonomic layout
>non-gay keycaps
>blank keycaps
>no artisans
>no floating layout
This is how you tell a hobbyist that types on his keyboards from a basedboy that post pictures of his keyboards. That one also probably has shitty switches but that can't be deduced from a photo.

>havent bought a keyboard since my clicky clacky mechanical keyboard from like 8 years ago

I didnt fall for any meme. Its worth 10 bucks per year, and i never had to change any keys. Still works amazing

No they don't you fucking retard

It triggers when a spring buckles. It's in the name.

A spring isn't a membrane.

there's literally nothing wrong with the chiclet keyboards

Attached: IMG_0438.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

Are there keyboards that have touch-only keys (not pressure-based ones)?

>touch-only keys

Yes. They suck.

Attached: D42A9636-84F2-4EC6-9C55-841CD8BF62B4.jpg (1170x877, 85K)

posting from my p50 keyboard it works better than my latitude keyboard but still is not as good as my $5 hp membrane keyboard. The point of these keyboards is to be on a laptop you dipshit so you have something at least semi functional they are not a real keyboard replacement

While he's wrong, Model M boards literally use a membrane.

I use something like this for work but it's the good Thinkpad keyboard(35$ on Ebay). Can't believe Macbooks do not have pageup/down and dedicated sound buttons. It amazes my coworkers how I can fly through code without a fucking mouse.

Attached: yousuckme.png (1000x815, 676K)

For web browsing, no
But according to the autist, if you type all day mechanical is comfy as fuck

>WASD

Attached: 1526650747866.gif (413x243, 51K)

>compact keys

>The thinklight is actually useful as a nightlight type of thing
The only purpose of thinklight is to light your keyboard, which it does poorly. If you're seriously using argument "it does the intended purpose worse, but it's a cool light if you're in dark" you should consider killing yourself. The backlit keyboard lights only the keyboard and prefectly so. The thinklight blinds me in the face, lights the keyboard unevenly and if my screen is at a bigger angle than it doesn't even light the keyboard. I like things to do their intended purpose and I don't think you not having a lamp makes the stupid LED somehow better

Attached: ShitVSnotShit.png (1500x450, 734K)

Yes and the keyboard is glossy in some parts and you get glare.
I remember this from my T60.

they are unironically great
>easy to travel with
>doesn't make you look retarded in public
>feels good man
>there is USB and Bluetooth variants
>has a clit

I just bought a spare

i use a microsoft keyboard

it's got a button to start calc.exe, which is nice.

would you recommend this?

No shit dude
he's saying the bigger keys are more comfy

> The only purpose of thinklight is to light your keyboard
Well in that case it's just fucking useless. Except thankfully like I said it's not, but if it only did its "intended purpose" (like the backlight does), it would be (like the backlight is).

OP is literally the worst keyboard i've ever bought. flimsiest piece of shit keyboard i've ever seen. totally worthless.

go back to acer laptops you fucking retard, the thinklight is a peak in both functionality and usability, its the greatest thing that could happen to you when you like to use your laptop in bed

the only correct choice.

>there is USB and Bluetooth variants
There's USB variant? Have you got a link?

Fucking hate that it has a Fn key.
Does anyone know if there are any similar (membrane and compact) keyboards without it?
Wireless or wired

Where did this "ThinkPad keyboards are literally the best keyboards meme start"? It used to be "ThinkPad keyboards are the best laptop keyboards" but recently retards have been claiming they're better than real keyboards, wtf?

>real keyboards
What's a real keyboard?

>Throwing away something that you can sell to /v/ for good money
50p at a bootsale

I would love to have one, if the fn key could be switched for ctrl. A friend tried resoldering and bricked it in the process.
Until someone hacks it I'm stuck with pic related.

Attached: s-board-840-design-usb-ergonomic-keyboard-1468242035.jpg (751x310, 148K)

How's this one called? Are the keys good?

Too bad it's expensive and never comes in Nordic without 140€ in shipping and import

I've unironically wanted one of these for a while, is it nice to use?

the bluetooth one has a usb charging port that you can use to connect to the pc.

It's the s-board 840. The keys are not great. Feels like any cheap membrane keyboard, but with flat keys.

using this right now and its better

Attached: images[1].jpg (225x225, 6K)

Attached: 021.jpg (1024x655, 164K)

what's the other purpose of it ? Giving me cataract ? It's useless and you know it

Attached: 1.jpg (640x480, 182K)

>>>loud
>>buttons are higher because of form factor, so need to raise hands
>>need to use more force to click
the state of soiboys, my fucking sides

Yeah but I just got this set up after waiting 4 months from my order

Attached: IMG_20180518_142258.jpg (4048x3036, 2.57M)

clean your fucking desk and vacuum your keyboard

I got a chink mechanical keyboard, a Red-Dragon Kumara for about $30 half a year ago. Already 5 million keystrokes on it and it's still working perfectly while my rubbedome would've already turned into mush. Fuck you and take your shilling for a joke product somewhere else.
>more reliable
>finger exercise
>blocky and durable
>solid steel plate on the front instead of some shitty onions plastic proprietary blend
>each switch is removable, don't have to fucking take out the plastic sheet with all the contacts attached to it anytime I want to clean the board
>replacing switches is possible while it's literally not on a rubberdome because everything's contact-point based
>enormous variety of keycaps, got a wooden set because they mold to your fingertips
>easier to maintain

Not enough key travel.

didn't even know they made external keyboards like that

nice. I miss my broken thinkpad

I did get one of these because I'm so used to my thinkpad's keyboard. I don't often use the external one, though

Nope, it's just for charging, not data.
I have this one

>50p at a bootsale
fuck. lets see the actual keyboard not stock pic