EVEN IN YOUR FRIDGE

EVEN IN YOUR FRIDGE

GDPR

Attached: DdtfIT_V4AArEHQ.jpg (3024x4032, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WM5MMqNgUzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buying Samsung appliances

I hope you enjoy poorly engineered shit

WTF, I love EU now!

who are "we"

Kangz

>buying a botnet fridge

Why do you have a TV on your fridge?

If you aren't worried that you fucking fridge is collecting and processing data about you, there is something wrong with you.

>for "novelty value"

Oh no samsung knows im out of cheese :(

>oh samsung please fuck my ass harder

Even on a website!

F O E

t. can't think for himself

I reiterate
Oh no Samsung knows I need more milk :(

It has camera, microphone and WiFi. It knows more than just "I'm out of cheese" it can spy on you, it can learn your eatings habit, it knows your network topology, it knows what super market you go to, etc.

Yeah well I live in Britain so going outside 50 cctvs and mics are tracking me already
I dont care if some korean chink sees me in my undies at 2am grabbing a bag of carrots

>yo dawg, pass me the salt
>Sorry bro the shaker doesn't comply with GDPR

>I already get raped, so I don't care if it's double/triple or quadruple penetration.

Attached: 1527252340979-pol.png (1204x882, 1.4M)

oh no someone on otherside of the planet knows what I buy and the worst thing they can do is tell an ad agency about it, I can't live on like this reeeeee

With this autistic level of insecurity how do you even manage to go outside while traffic cameras exist?

Since when did having a company track you equal rape
Name a single time you've been negatively effected by a service like this
Oh wait
You can't

At least op didn't disappoint me. He's exactly the sort of person I'd expect to own a smart fridge.

JUST

Attached: SmartSelect_20180526-043724_Clover dev.jpg (1343x1331, 738K)

there are no computers in my fridge

>Android in a fucking fridge

Attached: latest[1].jpg (323x454, 25K)

So, samsung will feed you milk and cheese advertisements.

>Oh nooo personalized ads whatever will I do help meeee!

consumers will pay more for "smart" devices

Attached: 1502173907500.png (604x493, 128K)

I wont and dont. Paid more for a 4k tv just so i didnt have to deal with smart track shit

does it mean that you now have to buy a new fridge every year to get security updates

or they will be on cheap devices so manufacturers can profit more from them

It's not what they currently do with it but what's possible with large amounts of user data. Remember without an option to delete your userdata it will be forever stored in some database and they can put it through all kinds of algorithms. For example Google wants to manipulate its users and steering them into what they think is better. Also geopolitically many of these devices offer an easy way to spy on, gather data for inteligence agencies and have a way to exert power. We cannot trust every corporation too always and forever treat our data respectably, there are just so many ways it can be misused and exploited, that's why I librebooted my fridge.

Attached: sabu.jpg (616x380, 30K)

>2030
>Oh dude did you hear about android Z coming out
>Yeah man too bad some of my stuff doesnt support it
>Yeah me too man, luckily I was able to at least flash an unofficial version to my Smart Toaster (tm)
>Ah cool, I'll have to see if my Smart Bookshelf, Smart Ceiling Fan, or Smart Toilet Paper Roller can get the update
>Each device tracks you giving ad companies full access to whatever they want whenever

Attached: 1527203629291.jpg (600x918, 102K)

I mean yeah that's true
But historically speaking companies have always controller the masses
Governments use propaganda and companies use ads
There's really no escaping so why contain it?
'Scool

>projecting this hard

whatever you think is good for you buddy

I'm just being realistic

Attached: DdSFmJ3UwAAo_Qv.jpg (1000x581, 60K)

No, you are just being insecure.

No, quite the contrary I'm being SECURE. I'm assessing the attack vectors and the different ways data can be used. What's insecure about it?

Attached: redditor-sexycyborg-uses-printing-to-make-futuristic-2.jpg (600x800, 74K)

Because the way I see it you are extremely focused about an unlikely potential worst case scenario, while ignoring other beneficial aspects of the technology

>fridge with a computer in it
for what purpose?

Literally bought a fridge that spies on you.

>beneficial aspects of the technology
Knowing when your favorite brand of cheese is on sale?

Please do not engage brainlet posters, tia

I'm just being realistic, you call it "worst case scenarios" to downplay the risk,we are in a geopolitically unstable world right now that our technology gets used, or misused, isn't very unlikely. It's very naive to downplay huge security risks as something that would never happen, because you're just walking with your neck exposed through the tigers cage.
Security is a mindset, I don't see a benefit of getting personalized ads, I don't see a benifit of having all kinds of data stored on some hard drive owned by a corporate third party. I rather be in charge and use the power of my technological gadgets in my best interest.

To run NetBSD on it

The Amazon Alexia device made the news. Not in a good way. Seems due to several factors (non hacking thankfully) it woke up, misheard something and recorded the home owners conversation. It then send that recorded conversation to some one on the homeowners contact list.

>buying inferior gook shit

>buy a literal botnet mic for your home
>surprised it records you

Are you suicidal already, user?

Attached: 1527334669807.jpg (1343x1331, 268K)

>Literally paying extra to allow oneself to be assraped by ad's, sharing your private life etc.

I think I'll pass smartfridge fuss.

reminds me of the good old days
youtube.com/watch?v=WM5MMqNgUzM

>2018
>not using a regular fridge

When you say bad things about your neighbor Muhammed, the cops are going to pull out pictures of your tiny dick from your refrigerator and spread it all over the internet.

>just fuck my shit up, samsung

Nice underwear, also
>those giant ass menu/home/back buttons that are at around knee level (???)
How are you even supposed to use that thing?

>Using a botnet IoT teletube fridge

Attached: 1492486240536.png (680x680, 413K)

Even the fucking fridge is selling your private data.
What a brave new world.

fuck smart kitchen equipment, just use a regular fridge.
if you are unable to open a door and check if you are low on milk or butter then you deserve to starve

the creepy nocturnal laughter stories disturb me greatly

haha for real

is there any way to make a smart device into a dumb device? i'm fucking sick of my TV taking 30 seconds to boot. i wouldn't even care if it stopped recieving TV signals, as long as i could use the AV inputs for other shit

It's not even that. Vault 7 let's us know that there are cameras in our house that can be used to spy on you easily.

What fucking data was a fucking fridge sharing?

We had to buy a new one recently and my dad was super keen on getting some £1800 Samsung one. I managed to talk my mom down to a £900 Miele that just does the job and I will be showing this shit to my dad who is still kind of pissed off he has to use his phone or tablet to order food.

Having a Dad that is a first adopter of technology was fun as a kid but really not anymore. He has wasted thousands of pounds on utter shit.

Millions sold, happens one time, yep, i believe it too...

>"Woke up"

lol. So that's their story.

Who the fuck keeps putting computers into everything?
Why the hell is this retarded trend a thing?

They are pretty good, I've to admit.
Microwave oven - works since 1998, 20 years.
Vacuum cleaner - worked for 19 years, and then it needed brush replacement.

>having botnet fridge

This is what you call good? We still have a no-brand vacuum cleaner from either the 1930s or 1940s and it works great. It has been used by three generations and it will surely last a fourth one.

this but unironically

people wonder why I don't adopt more technology in my life even though I'm an electrical engineer

it's shit like this. hell, I still have a few more ethernet jacks to put throughout my house, wifi is worthless in terms of security.

25 year old boomer here, when i run out of milk i use a pencil to add milk to my shopping list that's hanging off the fridge door

I still won't take off my confederate stickers put over the EU stars on my license plates

>What fucking data was a fucking fridge sharing?

E V E R Y T H I N G

wow samsung is botnet, more at 11

Attached: samsungssdsarestillreccommendedingee.jpg (440x656, 73K)

What mythical dumb 4K TV did you get?

EE student here
I feel the same
But all internet is unsecure
Check out hacking vids on YouTube and you'll see it's a constant battle

wifi is fucking shit even for wireless data transmission

I understand that, but wifi is snoopable from someone driving by once all the WPA2-AES are thrown out into the public eye. WPA3 will be even worse since it will again be created by a closed committe.

At least with direct wires, someone would need to MITM which is a little more difficult for Joe Everyman

stop being ridiculous they will not spread images of your tiny dick they will just put you in jail

get out

Attached: 1527234133636.jpg (680x543, 39K)

worried someone at amazon will know about all those dragon dildos user?

Dude, seriously just look up Hak5
It's all un-encrypted and un-pached
Yeah Ethernet makes wifi attacks stop, but that's just one of a million tools

Typing this on Kali linux BTW
Check that out too, sweet distro

see

begone thot!

Attached: 2HZB3JJ5LVFCBPX2CRDSLHU74PFX2BXB.jpg (604x453, 88K)

she has LEDs coming out of her vagoo what the fuck

I used to be sad that I was born so early and won’t be able to experience a future filled with cool technology. Now I’m happy I was born in just the right time so I won’t have to deal with this.

HURRY UP AND FINISH HALF LIFE 3

LMAO
You think Half life 3 is in production
I can't count past 2

Those are a thing you know
www.mysmalt.com

FUUUCKKKKK YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yes

>YEP.jpg

Summer's come early!

Attached: F O E.jpg (640x512, 25K)

why the fuck are people buying a "smart" fridge

there's no point, any of it's "features" are absolutely useless

Attached: 1512081899693s.jpg (250x220, 6K)

nice hairline phaggot

Wow, so completely meaningless data any way. It's not like you're giving them your real IP, right?

please be bait

>25
>"boomer"
wrost maymay 4chaeioun 2018
pls stap

For all you who don't care about privacy and don't give a shit that Samstink can tell you buy cheap store brands or like to eat butter at 3AM or whatever, I just want to say that they SHOULDN'T know these things. You as a normal person should not be ok with people knowing what you do inside your house and on your computer. Nobody should be watching you to see what you're doing. It's just wrong. You waive these rights and get tossed some shitty gimmicks. They care more about your life information than giving you nice things. Do not give them anything. They are malicious.