/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 332430 animal_ears bra breast_hold breasts headphones mage_(sigma) nekomimi pantsu panty_pu (2560x3942, 3.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_switch
nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html
nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html
duckduckgo.com/?q=site:nih.gov stax mri&ia=web
youtube.com/watch?v=sb2qMvP6YdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

000s confirm stax

Attached: 9B51C11A-330A-4488-AC5C-1CBCCCE97FCC.jpg (2942x3334, 1.81M)

Umi a slut, Idol Trash a bad poster

fill the blank /hpg/

>What's the second best headphones behind the _____?

Attached: 1503108232394.png (350x350, 160K)

anime + stax = nice

trick question! we don't yet know if it's the stax 009 or the stax 009s!

HE500

Attached: buypig.jpg (1577x1177, 923K)

correct

stax

How do you guys manage your cables? Mine always gets tangled onto my chair when I turn around to grab something with headphones on

show pic

I have a long cable and suspend it from the ceiling + a boom so that it doesn't drag on the floor

I had that dream again last night. The one about Stax.

I want to lick her belly button!!!

Darling in the Staxx

post your favorite headphone company, I'll start: stax

how much did stax audio pay for Jow Forums shills?

I use superior bluetooth technology

>ultra high end audio shilling on a site filled with people in desolate poverty

Nothing. They do it for free! On a Saturday when everyone is having for. They do it for free!

Attached: 1626157460137.gif (800x371, 131K)

either that or these retards spam stax for free

I don't want to pay $5000 for a headphone. I thought you guys are all NEETs. How can you even afford high end headphones

Why don't you own a topping d30? :0

Attached: jghjghjg.png (1209x904, 1.62M)

because i got a d10 on the way

Who /buypig?

Attached: mememachine.jpg (2048x1108, 245K)

stax make plenty of great headphones that don't cost thousands, just like the hd600 is great without needing to go all the way to sennheisers top of the line

I do not untie them, my amp is near me on the desk so I only keep the length needed for the desk use.

neetbux

Save your neetbux. If you can, get on autismbux. Work a cash job under the table, something that requires very little social interaction.

by eating less and not wasting money on stupid things like alcohol, cigarettes or social bullshit.

Attached: 1507235926083.png (1072x1448, 1.32M)

I wanna know about the Stax SRM-D50!

IDOL TRASH HERE. WHAT'S YOUR SETUP LIKE, user?

Attached: 1515511507336.png (1870x1050, 91K)

>that keyboard shine
disgusting low quality keys

They're just non-labeled and very lightly textured, user.
It's mx brown underneath.

>cherry
even worse

You don't like mx browns? :X

She's not even holding them on her ears

Me in the middle.

chug that onions sauce

tfw waiting for HD6XX

what do i do meanwhile

Attached: 1496531134165.png (620x876, 816K)

Masturbate

No cigs/booze/car/gf

Talk me out of DT1990 purchase.
I like detail and most of all instrument separation in headphones, but will I really get more than from 600s?
They are built like a tank, so no problems there.
No, i'm not buying stax.

Attached: 1520721726350.jpg (1120x747, 89K)

Attached: ss.png (1380x1030, 1.77M)

>I like detail and most of all instrument separation in headphones
Use a pair of Stax like a white man.

>No, i'm not buying stax.

Congrats you're 115 IQ.

hipster.

at that price point you're actually better off heading down the stax road

€420 for me. Stax will be ~$1.2k.

Cute. What switches?

Attached: 1521478342127.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

what's the major difference you'll hear with amp and dac versus inbuilt sound cards into the motherboard

no it won't, what stax setup are you even looking at? why do people always compare expensive stax against budget alternatives?

basic l300 setup is $1.2k here.

Didn't a mint SR-307 sell for $156 recently on ebay?

it's a leopold fc980c, topre switches

where do you live exactly? I can't think of anywhere in the world you would give euro prices and not be able to get a stax setup for an ok price. you're looking in the wrong places.

deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_switch
Non-mechanical o_O

Attached: 1521142123191.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Anime feet make me so happy.

please some1

russia, and fuck off with your stax shilling please.

nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html

nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html

higher max volume

So it's true about Slavs and lack of initiative.

is that it?

so what do you want exactly? you don't want to buy a great stax setup for no reason at all, because why? I can see multiple ebay listings that ship to russia to get you a stax setup that would blow the dt990 away but you refuse to even consider it, yet are asking for advice?

Don't buy from local dealers, their markup is too high. Import them from Japan.

read the posts I linked you, there are a very large number of improvements over your soundcard and nobody here will go over them in large detail for you because this is asked so often

>is that it?
Output impedance is ideally zero. Onboard may have several ohms impedance.

What are you going to do with your bottlehead crack? What color ect? I am going with a Satin Walnut stain and a glossy finish. I also got some small speaker spikes and threaded inserts. Don't know if to keep it square or round it.

Attached: 1509251730630.png (552x873, 258K)

an amp does what it literally says by amplifying

a DAC may product better quality sound but that's entirely dependent on what card you are comparing it to

please take pictures of your build in progress, I want to see the bottlehead anons progress and not just finished products!

yea, they have a great overall feeling and aren't loud but they're technically not mechanical switches and are instead electro capacitive rubber dome switches with spring support. I really love them and the leopold layout. I actually get frustrated using other layouts now because how much I like the leopold fullsize style.

>their markup is too high
import taxes are retarded here that's all

because I do not want uncomfortable speakers with questionable qualities on my head that may or may not die from discharge or dust buildup, not to mention overpriced energizer bullshit
this whole stax cultist infrastructure is worse than magic stones, at least you don't need to throw away all your cables with those

so you don't want high end electrostatics at a low price because of nonsense reasons that you have no experience with at all, I see

t.

Attached: 1497086271_prikoly-pro-gopnikov_xaxa-net.ru-11.jpg (640x479, 61K)

>import taxes are retarded here that's all
Not if you import yourself.

I'm gonna buy stax

it's always the same with you stax memers, you never say anything particular

Why did you go for that? because it's cheaper? I wish my dac had a screen :(

duckduckgo.com/?q=site:nih.gov stax mri&ia=web

i heard that the d10 measures better from hpg

not sure how valid that is, but price and availability played a factor in my decision

what should I say? you're wrong about them being uncomfortable? you're wrong about them being questionable quality? dust hasn't been a problem at all since the revision? energizers are going to be required for any electrostatic because that's how the technology works? electrostatics are far and away better than dynamics and outperform dynamics at 3x the cost? what do you want to hear? that you clearly have no experience at all with electrostatic headphones and just picked up a bunch of buzzwords? that you don't really know much?

Im thinking of buying the Sony WH900NN headphones since they are about $200(1800 swedish crowns)
I want Bluetooth, ANC and closed.
Gonna use them with music/Traveling and when im playing games(Discord etc).
Is there a better value for money(about 2000SEK) That will do this better. And what is the price for them in Japan? Since I will be going there in a few weeks i might buy them there instead if I can save some money on it.
I have also looked at the Plantronics backbeat pro in the same price range, but havent listened to them since they are only available online in Sweden.

Well, it's japanese made. Probably doesn't suck. :)

Attached: 1523287329826.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

The XB950N1 from sony is basically exactly that. My main headphones are the LCD-2 and HD600 but even I was impressed with what you can get from those sony's for so little money.
They're bt and have a mic too.

The 009S from stax is basically exactly that. My main headphones are the L700 AND L300 LE but even I was impressed with what you can get from those stax's for so much money.
They're es and very fragile too.

I was under the impression that it was worse. Either way, I doubt the difference is even audible.

>$200 budget
>recommends a $4000 meme

when will stax shills get banned for spam

takstar pro 82

the differences in measurements don't really matter much, the choice between the two of them is mostly about the interface elements and power changes being worth the price

drug trafficking

For me, the choice between the Toppings depends on what you are looking for. If you just want a DAC with USB input, the D10 is more than enough. If you need other inputs, you go for the D30. And if you also need a pre-amp, then it's the D50.

god if only the D50 had XLR outputs, I would probably buy two

the only place where people blindly follow stax cult is on /hpg/, I wonder why

DELE Tis

Comfy chair+Auteur+Virta hurmos=perfection

youtube.com/watch?v=sb2qMvP6YdQ

Attached: IMG_20180525_174521.jpg (999x749, 192K)

Some have two sets.

Attached: 1461371829420.webm (1280x720, 1.05M)

No BT no ANC no $200 price. Why would you recommend these?
Theres Sennheiser HD 4.5 BTNC in thr same price range. Are they good are will i just be paying for the sennheiser brand name?
Yeah, cant really see a difference between the XB950N1 and WH-H900N except for the design of the headphones.
WH-900N might have better headset functionality.
I have mainly been using esrpods and chinkshit $30 headphones before but it's time to buy some quality now and Im kind of lost.
Wanted to know what people thought of the WH-900N and if theres better headphones in the same price range.

Attached: 1526147110834.jpg (667x800, 53K)

did you even read those papers before posting?

I don't have to read them to show that Stax has an interesting history of use in medical research.