GDPR is bad

gdpr-info.eu/art-8-gdpr/

1Where point (a) of Article 6(1) applies, in relation to the offer of information society services directly to a child, the processing of the personal data of a child shall be lawful where the child is at least 16 years old. 2Where the child is below the age of 16 years, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.

Attached: WA.png (648x948, 545K)

Why do you care, are you under 16?

you must be +18 to browse this site
>inb4 moved to Jow Forums

Does an american website operator have to comply with any of this shit if they do not have a legal presence in the EU?

mutts must obey to the germ- european overlords.

>mfw back in the 2000's I used to always lie to the "are you over 13 years old" checkboxes

Attached: EEF9jcl.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

kids under 18 who put their real age when signing up for something are too retarded to be online anyway

I still haven't had anyone explain what will actually, physically happen to me if I simply ignore any request to appear before an EU court. Will the FBI come get me and stick me on a plane? I don't think they could even fuck with my credit history from over there. Seems like a bunch of powerless faggots desu.

Read you local legislation user, nobody's here to spoon-feed you

Devious~

Why is this a bad thing exactly?
Children litterally only have to do 2 things that is studying and having fun on their free time. There is no reason for them to take part on internet drama.

I mean more like "but Jow Forums told me GDPR is bad"

So far the only thing about gdpr is the fact that it was voted from untrustworthy people. EU (((politicians))) can go fuck themselves.

>In 2000's
Really user? You sure about that?

The local supervisory authority will fine your company.

If you don't challenge the fine in court, that particular member state now has a claim against you.

If the claim is large enough, the EU state might seek to collect through your local court. Because you did not challenge the original fine, your local court might tell you to bend over - this depends on your local legislation.

Ignoring a claim/fine is usually the worst course of action.

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (637x671, 37K)

If your country doesn't have an agreement with the EU to enforce their fines? Nothing.

If they do? You're fucked.

There's still a slim chance that Trump will tell the EU to shove GDPR up their ass and refuse to enforce it, but I wouldn't count on it.

>There's still a slim chance that Trump will tell the EU to shove GDPR up their ass
LOL

Oh no, a number on page 2367 of the ToS changed by 3! What will the world do now!?!?

>tfw I once created a GFWL account when I was underageb&
>gave them my real age
>terms and conditions changed, had to accept changes
>changes could only be accepted on Xbox 360
>Had no Xbox 360
Later on I got a buddy to accept the terms of service for me, but it had been so long ago that my account was deadlocked and unrecoverable, thanks to the underage protection interfering with accepting the terms of service, despite my account being an adult at that point, as well as some backend restructuring of how accounts work on Microsoft's side. Support told me to choke on a dick.
Had to rebuy the two games that I had on the service.

I remember those. I lied my ass off when shit asked for my name or age.
shit, I was taught to not actually give any of that shit out back then

>children under 16 won't be allowed to use a shitty botnet
Why is this bad again? Oh right, that covers about half of Jow Forums.

>There's still a slim chance that Trump will tell the EU to shove GDPR
I would say there is a pretty high chance but it will probably go like this:
1. Trump tells the EU to fuck off with GDPR
2. Trump forgets 5s later that he said that and he doesnt know wtf GDPR is supposed to be anyways.

How the fuck is it possible to get fined by a country I've never been to?

Each EU country can change that age, down to a min of 13.

>inb4 underage b&

This. I usually hate the EU but this time they've actually done good.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day etc

Sorry cucko it doesn't work like that.
GDPR has been in process ever since 2014, and has passed EU parliament in 2016 and now finally is in force, a bit too late don't ya think? Reversing GDPR law would take around 5 years within EU structure.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK KIDS

my age in apps has increased exponentially ever since I got a Logitech mouse with a flywheel mouse wheel.

Do that and the EU will stop applying FATCA and the DMCA.
It swings both ways; you can't expect America to dictate global copyright laws because muh Mickey Mouse copyright and then complain when EU tries to protect people's privacy.

US businesses will have to adapt and stop shitting on people's privacy. They've already started doing it, the only one whining are anti-EU retards on Internet message boards.

If you collect data on your customers and any of your customers are on EU soil, yes. It's unlikely that you'll get flagged for investigation, though, as the various regulators are understaffed and underfunded. The law was mainly created to target Google and Facebook, and whatever actions are brought against them will tie the regulators up in court for so long that nobody will remember what GDPR was about by the time there's any resolution. If you're really paranoid, and you don't make much revenue from EU sources, just geoblock the EU like everyone else is.

Before (((social media))) it used to be common sense that you should never fill in any real information unless it was absolutely necessary, like online shopping, underage or not.

Attached: internet privacy.jpg (1436x674, 218K)

>DMCA dies everywhere in Europe, piracy now impossible to prevent
>GDPR no longer enforceable on American startups, avoiding massive overhead to small business

I want to see this world become a reality.

Attached: 1488722474460.png (1280x1878, 1.3M)

>Teachers who make WhatsApp groups with their classes UTTERLY BTFO
best timeline

Attached: 1471275992613.jpg (222x216, 8K)

>a bunch of useless s o y yank startups have to hire a lawyer to conduct spying or risk huge fines
What is so bad?

>triggered underage got rektd

Attached: Top_lel.jpg (304x315, 47K)