I3 window manager

Is it really worth to configure this? I feel like Jow Forums just changes to i3 for screenshots and then goes back to any other de to do work.

Attached: aBxPbGZ_460s.jpg (460x442, 26K)

dwm exists

dwm is cancer

Not when you can use XMonad, the only acceptable twm.

i3wm is one of the biggest reason why I stick to linux, it has ruined me, I can't go back to a normal DE anymore

i honestly just use one window per workspace when i'm doing actual work, which could be done in any wm. but if you write code or something i could see lots tilan being useful

>window manager
>virus

I genuinely use i3, but primarily because it gives the best benefit with the least config.

Mine still looks pretty vanilla frankly.

Can't be arsed, enjoy my desktop.

Attached: 1527352613_1836_26.05.2018_3840x1080.png (3840x1080, 1.67M)

Same.

>cancer
>virus

Attached: 1512287655455.png (936x772, 28K)

weston exists

I like it, but I admit that I feel like it’s not the best paradigm.

You’ll never need more than 3 windows on screen at once. Never.

So it’s kinda bloated.

>swedebro
What'chu watching?

A shitty BBC series, Genius Of The Ancient world.

I'm exhausted from going to the countryside today and just chilling to meaninglessness.

>autism
>not disease

>meaninglessness
I think suicide is the only thing that has a meaning in your life.

>worth to configure
nigga i3 configuration is pretty much effortless, the defaults are nearly fine by themselves

still helps you to stay more organized, webbrowser on alt+1 filebrowser on alt+2 terminal on alt+3 etc instead of a tabs that dynamically rearranges the order of programs or slowly navigating with your mouse

What brings you to say this? What emotional or mental drive I wonder?

This is basically why I use it.

yeah but what about clickable stauts bar.

*Batman hungry!

Attached: 1519463896420.jpg (600x528, 39K)

Jow Forums

well yea, if you want a pretty, clickable bar you might have to spend a bit of time ricing. Do you really need that though?

Alternatively you could run lx or xfce panel on top of your i3, that's what i do

Perhaps you'll find greater joy in life by distancing yourself.

Buddhism helped me personally. Try that maybe.

already watched rick and morty, and I'm a nihilist myself

What does Rick and Morty have to do with this?

>Is it really worth to configure this?
The defaults are almost perfect.
i3 is really great and I genuinely prefer it over all other DEs.

but op, showing off i3 in a screenshot is what Jow Forums does for a living

Just use i3 blocks or something, I basically only want to be able to change the volume and that lets me do it.

Can I just install it over Ubuntu systemd/linux?

rewatch it

sudo apt install i3
Not that difficult, is it?

Yes, you can use any de or wm in the repos simply by installing it, logging out and selecting it before you login again.

I haven't watched it once.

It's cool

>is it really worth to it?
It really depends on what you want it to look like and what you want from it. Personally I just needed to add a few keybinds and customize the i3status bar a bit and I was ok.

As for its utility, I can say that i3 is a really superb tool for laptops, because I almost never need the touchpad anymore.