>Not using a blank keyboard

>Not using a blank keyboard
What's it like being a brainlet?

Attached: 152892374234.jpg (920x385, 62K)

If you had a brain you would understand that there's no real point in having a blank keyboard.

>he isn't using a sideprint keyboard
Get a load of this fucking loser.

Attached: large_1400_DSC_1303.jpg (1200x404, 253K)

Agreed, professionals should know their keys. Best way to get into it IMHO is to paint over one every few days to ease your way in.

>enjoying subpar aesthetics with less functionality
You should know.

>paying more for less functionality

Attached: bottomless_pit.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Blank keyboard fags BTFO

>his keycaps labels weren't polished off by the millions of keystrokes he made while actually using his computer
>paying extra money to be the ultra-hipster that LARPs as a programmer
Blind-typing isn't hard to learn. It's what you apply it to that matters.

Attached: 29149-full.png (156x200, 28K)

>some of the labels are gone on my t430
>a bunch remain

Attached: 1516053673142.gif (935x670, 674K)

Keep using 'em user, at about 2 million keystrokes on each key they'll all rub off.

Why bother if i don't look on a keyboard?

You get less functionality and you look like a retarded child looking for validation from others by showing that you use a blank keyboard as if it's actually a skill that would make a relevant difference.

>Spending extra money for less

but i do

Attached: aa.jpg (600x493, 165K)

I got a new mech and took my old one into the office, for dumb reasons the WASD keys are blank

Coworkers double my age who have been programming for years almost always find themselves confused when using my machine, how the fuck do you know know where the S key is after using a keyboard daily for 20+ years?

This. How desperate are you for attention OP? Are you mentally ill?

A blank keyboard is actually better since you can change from QWERTY to Coleman or DEVORAK without having the keyboard display wrong letters. Not sure why there is so much rage.

> since you can change from QWERTY to Coleman or DEVORAK
Why would you ever do that?

probably because it's not a typewriter

No thanks

my boss peck types

>being this much of an autistic snowflake
This is why your mother left your dad

I've had blank keycaps as a PBT upgrade to my ABS ones since two weeks. Made absolutely zero differences in terms of ease to use, which was unexpected.

Literally the fedora of keyboards.

>falling for the bait
>both ironically or unironically

This. Who even looks at the keyboard while typing?

what difference does it make if i don't look at my keyboard anyway?

none

>blank keyboard
>dvorak
literally nobody I know would be able to use it

>he isn't capable of switching between QWERTZ, Colemak, Dvorak, and QWERTY intuitively
>his keyboard doesn't switch up at random intervals to stimulate his intellect
Sad!

I use two types of keyboard layouts on a regular basis, so I need to be able to see which one it at a glance unless I want to try typing something, fuck up, and then try the other way again every time.

>implying implications

Attached: Snapchat-567716459.jpg (2560x1320, 753K)

>Not using a blank Dvorak keyboard to keep the plebs away from your hentai.

Attached: Falconguide-dec2012.png (1000x3647, 3.75M)

Forrealz, I kind of want one.
Maybe with just the sound/F keys marked

this

The gaps between the function keys are supposed to let you know where each key is.

>needing a blank keyboard
Just don't look at it.

>that bezel

Attached: 22ace5e55cfbddc8ab9a891168399bbc6e44eefeee0e28e377b336d9f14d1c93-cow.jpg (250x274, 54K)

Can I get one that still has the numbers and symbols across the top-ish row? The numberpad is so superior for numbers that I've never muscle-memorized the top numbers.

A blank Qwerty keyboard is just as likely to keep plebs away from your hentai.
But if they have a tiny bit of knowledge they could turn on the software keyboard and use that instead, or use it as a keyguide if it matches the hardware keyboard layout in the case of Dvorak.

Jesus Christ this is a great thread. Just save a few bucks by not looking at the keyword LOL!

Attached: 1521961597750.jpg (960x960, 227K)

Why would I need such a thing? I can look away from my keyboard just fine with letters written on it. If I wanted, I could even change the keymap or move keycaps around so the letters on the keys are wrong.

The real question is why should I waste my money on blank keys when I have a perfectly good keyboard with perfectly good keycaps?

Sounds like shitty keyboards, mates. I've been using this pcva-kb4p/u that came with my old sony vaio keyboard since ~2004. It's been through multiple years of MMOs, tens of thousands of forum posts, and all of my old college programming assignments. Not a single key's text has worn down.

only the "a" and "s" keys are partly worn on my 2001 dell keyboard (it works, and it's a keyboard, what else do you need?)

OP is a fag but blank keys are pretty good if you're learning to touch type and need to eliminate the need to glance at your finger position.

What's the point of this?

I tried switching the G and H keys one day and it was very confusing
Blank keys is a whole nother fresh hell

>using ancient deprecated layouts

Attached: IMG_20180506_193556.jpg (1280x720, 370K)

"look mom, I can type without looking at the keys!"

If I had a chance to kill people like you I would not hesitate

He just want's to feels special.

Attached: 1523888241935-250877357.jpg (286x262, 15K)

Sounds reasonable. Hope we meet.

>what else do you need?
Hardware layout changes.

Why the fuck would I want to? I've got better things to do than stroke my ego or show off by getting a keyboard that you "have to" touchtype with. I can touchtype either way, it offers no advantages over a standard keyboard and a handful of disadvantages.

just physically move the keys if you really want to

>just physically move the keys if you really want to
That wouldn't help in any way.

>swapped two keys
>he'll never know

Attached: devilish.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

my letter keys are blank but i have to look at the symbols sometimes
i feel like a brainlet now

>i have to look at the symbols sometimes
That's because they are in bad places. Any good keyboard allows you to rebind them.

Attached: layout_new.png (1208x406, 55K)

so now instead of pressing one key you have to press 2?

>now instead of pressing one key you have to press 2?
Yep. No need to move the hands at all and everything is where I want it to be.

Especially comfy are all the F keys and brackets.

How long do I have to use a keyboard until the scroll lock and break labels disappear?

why would you have to move your hands before? you have really short fingers?

>not using a blank keyboard
what does it feel like being a beta sòybóy numale cuck with no friends

>physical keys
Ok, grandpa.

Attached: Flat, Shiny Keyboard Is Actually a Touchscreen [VIDEO].png (950x534, 387K)

>why would you have to move your hands before?
For numpad and most of brackets, because they are strangely placed. Sometimes for number row.
>short fingers
Dunno. Middle finger is 10cm

why do you need a numpad? You know you have numbers right above the letters?

thankfully we have everquest to help us learn those new fangled keyboard layouts

Attached: mpv-shot0019.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

If you need to do much at all with numbers, the numeric keypad is way more efficient. It's the whole reason they were put on keyboards to begin with.

having 10 fingers with direct access to each key is worse than using one hand on a numpad?

Believe it or not, yes.

how? you can instantly go from typing a sentence to typing a long string of numbers without moving your hands.

How effciant are you with this setup and whats your wpm?
I'd like to try something like this but switching from QWERTY to this cold-turkey would be pretty hard I imagine and kinda useless if all you get is comfrot IMO. Also what's the "lwr" for and how would you switch between an extra set of heirarchy for the keyboard?

I hope this doesn't make me a neet longer and actually helps productivity

Attached: 1526935638974.jpg (251x201, 11K)

Depending on the sequence of numbers you're typing, using the numbers on the main keyboard involves co-ordinating both hands and moving each of them side to side. With the numeric keyboard, you just need to move one hand up and down, less movement overall. "But two hands is more than one" sounds like an advantage, but like with parallel versus serial connections, once you get up to a certain speed, keeping multiple in sync is actually slower than just ramping up the speed on one.

It can depend on exactly what you're doing, of course. Typing a sentence that includes a year, the top row numbers are good enough. Doing, say, data entry of info about a book: switching to the numeric keypad for the ISBN is quicker.

>How effciant are you with this setup and whats your wpm?
Very efficient for latex and what not, but WPM is absolutely awful, because I switched to workman 2 weeks ago and still can't type fast.

At least I don't have to seek and correct symbols and brackets now.

>lwr
While it's pressed, keys of the same color are accessible. (you may set it to toggle)

>If you need to do much at all with numbers

I don't see how anyone needs to do that in [current_year]

>having 10 fingers with direct access to each key

I only have 8 fingers plus two thumbs.
I guess I could place them all on the number row but it is awkward as fuck.

>I guess I could place them all on the number row but it is awkward as fuck.

why would it be any more awkward than typing letters?

Try it.

Putting your thumbs at the top next to your fingers is weird.
Typing with your thumbs is weird too, it's obvious why you normally only use them for the space bar.

then just type with 8 fingers on the numbers? better than just one hand on the numpad

Why are you looking at your keyboard? Touch type nigga.

>I don't see how anyone needs to do that in [current_year]
Plenty of people need to do a lot with numbers for their work, arguably more so these days than in years gone by. Maybe you don't need to, but that doesn't mean no-one needs to.

Attached: 1527340959165.png (1190x968, 807K)

>that meme game related meme mousepad.
>that horrible display setup not good for anything even gaming.

>he has to use software instead of being able to just plug in a keyboard and go.
have you ever been told you are on the spectrum?

>he has to use software instead of being able to just plug in a keyboard and go
That's where you are wrong. I wouldn't pay for a keyboard that is not programmable.

Everything you see + workman + qwerty + some extra is on the keyboard. It's literally plug and go.

You never typed complex passwords right?
Have fun wasting time looking "professional"

>Plenty of people need to do a lot with numbers for their work

Name such a job

>not using a Microshit digital media pro

Attached: MS_Digital_Media_Pro_Keyboard_Model_1031.jpg (3648x2048, 1.89M)

Literally anything that involves money, for a start.

I was inspired by this thread:
CapsLock & u::(
CapsLock & i::)
CapsLock & o::-
CapsLock & p::=
CapsLock & j::[
CapsLock & k::]
CapsLock & l::_
CapsLock & `;::+
CapsLock & n::{
CapsLock & m::}
CapsLock & ,::'
CapsLock & .::"
' & q::F1
' & w::F2
' & e::F3
' & r::F4
' & a::F5
' & s::F6
' & d::F7
' & f::F8
' & z::F9
' & x::F10
' & c::F11
' & v::F12

If you don't need the numpad, you don't use your keyboard for anything that matters. Enjoy your video games.

What century are you in?

Anything money related is digital, if only for bookkeeping purposes.

Name one thing that "matters" that you do with your numpad.

Managing my bank accounts, for one, you fucking NEET faggot.

only thing numpads are good for is extra thumb buttons for your mouse

Mate, just because it's digital, doesn't mean people never need to type figures or account numbers. How the fuck do you think people nominate an amount to transfer? Select from a drop-down list with a mouse?

>How the fuck do you think people nominate an amount to transfer?

Request for X amount comes it, you either accept or deny.

why

And how does the person requesting the amount nominate said amount? I don't know how you think things work, but the entire world isn't automated systems talking to each other flawlessly.

>how does the person requesting the amount nominate said amount?

The payment request is generated by the sales computer.

>the entire world isn't automated systems talking to each other flawlessly.

I never claimed flawlessly.
You still need human checks, if only to block scam artists.

But in 99.9% of cases you don't have to enter digits manually.
For the remaining 0.1% the number row will do.

I am guessing you are American? America is about 50 years behind on the rest of the world in terms of payment systems so maybe that's it.