Windows update

I'd like to be a lot more privacy savvy but in truth I don't really know what I'm doing. I recently installed a firewall on my phone and by fucking god how many apps want to access the internet is fucking insane. The file explorer for a start, like WTF for?!

Anyway rambling TLDR; what should I be aware of in this latest Microsoft Windows 10 update that once again is pestering me to give access to every fucking device on my PC to any program I install?

Attached: Untitled-1.png (360x92, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ--Uw7a0tk
safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
makeuseof.com/tag/interest-privacy-will-ensure-youre-targeted-nsa/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vault-7-cia-has-malware-for-hacking-air-gapped-networks-via-usb-thumb-drives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using Windows

Attached: snap_yep_this_ones_going_in_my_cringe_compilation.png (800x534, 465K)

Seriously, nigger? You are literally in every thread with your cringe-ass memes.

SAGE

>being part of the Windows 10 botnet
downgrade to Windows 7 if you care about privacy

Take it to Jow Forums
Also don't use Windows 10 period.
torrent a windows 7 .iso and look up sdi update and just download the whole thing and put it on a flash drive then you will never have a driver problem again.
then once your up with 7 get a vpn.

Attached: 253D7C8C-19B3-41B9-AD09-133310B7598E.gif (547x433, 94K)

Install debian, newfag.

>not TempleOS
nice try CIA nigger I see you glow

Well what is in 10 that I should be disabling? I dropped cortana almost instantly. the thought of that thing just creeps me the fuck out.

Privacy is dead anyways user, there's no point in chasing it on windows 10. You would have to disable all telemetrics and store apps that are in the background constantly scraping away at your data. Linux distributions are no safer as unless you're using a CPU that wasn't manufactured in the last 20 years, it's completely susceptible to the Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities currently under use by probably all nation states.

Theoretically this explains why most darknet admins/market owners got nabbed under false pretenses (AlphaBay supposedly had a gmail in their forum code....yeah, right). The intelligence agencies just pass the case to local authorities or the DEA/FBI depending on severity and have them rebuild it from the ground up as their own.

search 'Disable Windows 10 spying telemetry' in youtube and follow the directions of any one of the 10,000 hits you get

If you're still wanting the false illusion of privacy on Windows 10, get either "W10Privacy" or "DisableWinTracking".

You should be disabling Windows 10 itself, every single tie you click on something it sends data to Microsoft disabling user experience data does nothing, it even says so.
Don't believe me just use a packet sniffer.
Why did they spend time, resources and money developing windows 10 just to give it away for free?
It's literally spyware OS, shows you adds, spies on you to sell your data to ad sites to target you with more adds. Usenet windows 10 is working for someone else without even knowing it.

I am in fact slowly reducing what I'm tied into, a lot of accounts I had I have closed [as much use as that isn't] but at least they're no longer active so when I click on something it doesn't automatically tie site one to site 2 even though I NEVER asked them to. Next to go is my google account. Interested to see what my phone does when I do that. I remove system status from a LOT of executables on my hard drive and then encrypt them so windows cant run them anymore. I'm getting close to going full disconnect on my main PC and only transferring data to/from it using a USB or similar.

I laugh my ass off when people I know talk about having visited tor, they call it the dark web which is cringey as fuck. I ask them how people get caught running sites like silkroad etc if they're using an "anonymous" browser. Fucking idiots.

This is Windows 10. We are finished installing your update and will restart your computer without your permission in

Use Linux.

there's literally no excuse to use windows instead of linux in 2018

windows is a fucking spyware SO
try gnu linux

dont encourage the faget
there was a bong that kept using the same mulder image and he did it as long as people pointed it out
havent seen that faggot in a while

>using windows
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: linux penguin.jpg (998x679, 214K)

Cheers bro, came across this pretty quickly.

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

yep the unfortunate redpill no one wants to swallow is the fact they are spying at a hardware level, granting them ring 0 access regardless of what operating system or protections you take. encryption just flags you in the NSA indefinitely until they can bruteforce or backdoor their way around it.

makeuseof.com/tag/interest-privacy-will-ensure-youre-targeted-nsa/

even as you say disabling your PC from internet access all together, they have multiple tools to get around that through silent USB infection. it comes down to knowing whatever your doing is literally not worth the assets or resources it would require to find you doing whatever it is you want to hide.

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vault-7-cia-has-malware-for-hacking-air-gapped-networks-via-usb-thumb-drives/

>Pic related, NSA exploit targeting OS distributions from like 2009.

What do you think they have now?

Attached: 1506856083674.png (575x550, 62K)

and when they are going into the depth of it, when they realize what they are really singing. They sing there rides norway's men to hildarthing, it means the court of the valkyries, in other words death

there they ride to their death

It's not really the govt orgs I'm overly bothered about. I know I should be. The govt should only be interested in people who are a danger to others.

It's more that "you will upload everything you do" is standard practice for ANY software / app nowadays. Like fuck off. Shit, I'm totally of the opinion that the free version has that caveat but for fuck sake I'm not poor. Give me a version that I can pay for but doesn't want my dick pics.

>spectre/meltdown
those only attack intel cpu's, I use amd m8

Windows is completely GDPR compliant, you have nothing to worry about.

>what should I be aware of in this latest Microsoft Windows 10 update
you should be aware that as long as windows 10 is installed on your computer you are being spied on unless you have an external firewall at the network layer. You should also be aware that some of the spying is integrated at the kernel level and can't be blocked from the OS without completely foobaring windows.

This is true of every version of windows 10. Even LTSB does this (although to a much lesser extent). You should also be aware that macroshaft's documentation on the matter of """basic""" telemetry spans over 4000 lines of text (maybe even more after GDPR) and their documentation regarding both updates and telemetry is ambiguous and rarely accurate.

Have fun!

so what should I get then that can still run windows apps and isn't jack shit at trying.

win 7 and 8.1 can tide you over until 2020/2021 respectively. Just make sure you uninstall the spying updates (well documented online). Otherwise you're basically shit out of luck. You could buy a raspi (around $60 USD including the needed accessories) and install pi-hole on it to block network traffic but you'll have to keep and eye on it and keep your block lists up to date. No guarantee you won't miss something. React OS exists for legacy stuff but probably won't meet your needs.

I've taken to dual booting linux/windows and I basically just use windows as sparingly as possible now, basically just for games and specific applications. You can also run windows in a VM and even setup hardware passthrough for gaymen, although this is not for the faint of heart. Or resign yourself to the fact that you're constantly being watched.

It's up to you really, but there are no good options.