Notch

Big or small, do notches bother you?

Attached: 790EB111-5175-4DFD-81AE-2DA342EC5819.jpg (768x770, 112K)

Yes, and no matter how good It is, i Will never buy a phone with it.

yes

they look like shit and the small ones sacrifice call quality by shrinking the speaker too much

I don't care as long as the chin is minimal like the iPhone X. Much like no headphone jack, glass back, no SD slot, sealed in batteries, and such I have no choice but to buy what my fellow consumers have decided is good. Life is too short to get worked up about crappy consumer products.

Yes, it's a stupid trend, ruins the aesthetic design of our beloved rectangel digital displays.

I don't get the hatred though. It's the perfect space for notification icons and battery/clock. It doesn't get in your main screen area. The camera and front speaker has to go somewhere.

As long as I can hide the notch I don’t mind it

They don't, but knowing Mi MIX exists without a notch and Vivo Apex and it's clones are around the corner I wouldn't buy a notched device.

All phones pictured have rounded corners.

How do full screen videos work with the notch ?
If they just put a black bar along there during videos then that defeats a major purpose of having a larger screen

>a notch AND a chin
Kill yourself 1000 times.

However you prefer. It will set it to the biggest it can do the native aspect ratio then let you adjust it to full screen if you'd like.

you have a containment thread, use it

I dont give a shit I want hardware buttons back. Especially a back button.

you have a containment board.

What bothers me most are the round corners, a notch is just a cherry on top. I want my screens to be perfect rectangles.

Yes notches bother me and if it wasn't for the very nice OLED I wouldn't have bought this piece of shit. Pic-related shows what happens when it tries to fit a long provider name in the tiny corner.

Attached: notch.jpg (1125x202, 39K)

I don't see the point when they keep the bottom bezel.

A year ago xiaomi already did it right. I just think the notch is a stupid stopgap measure while they sort things out.

The notch definitely isn't a reason to buy a new phone, so if you don't care about cameras there isn't much to gain.

Wait so in screenshots it hides the notch with an overlay of the background? Hahaha, mactoddlers truly are those who would pay to have their fucked in front of them.

>hides the notch
>in screenshots
The notch is only present in real life. In the screen buffer where screenshots come from, there is no notch or curved corners. Apps have to be aware of it though so they don't get cucked by putting something important there.

I actually prefer a notch, if it's done like the OnePlus 6, so it blends in with the front speaker and camera between the notch, acting as a sort of notification area

This is clearly an android phone, you fucking dumb pajeet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
oh god this is funnier than I though
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAAAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

to cuck your consumer to this degree, for 1k too

AHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: keeek.jpg (486x309, 48K)

how hard they try to push it*

I'll hold on my OP5 until all screen mutilation memes pass. We already had a no-jack and weird screen sizes age, it's just another cycle.

>until all screen mutilation memes pass
Good luck. Look how fast Android phones copied the retarded cuck-notch. It's only going to get worse.

I don't get the hatred about the notch. You have 3 choices

1. Give the phone a forehead
2. Remove the frontfacing camera/speaker
3. Create a notch and put status items there

I don't get how 3 is any less viable than 1. Its not like you would regain any screen space unless you went down the route of (2).

Limits the area you have for both system icons and notifcation icons.
I'm not someone who has a list of icons stretching across my screen but I can still see it being an issue for many people.

It'll pass. It might take 5-10 years but we will return to great smartphones. With jack, non-autistic displays, expandable storage and removable batteries.

I hope you're pretending to be retarded.

I prefer it. It just free extra space. Its too far above your view to notice it most of the time.

black bar is put over it. OLED screen means its pretty much invisible.

You can't do anything about that, simply contents built for 16:9.

Good new smartphones:
-Vivo Apex
-OnePlus Six
-Samsung Galaxy S9+

seems like a losing fight
>no matter how hard they push it, i'll never get a phone without a removable battery
>no matter how hard they push it, i'll never get a phone with no SD card slot
>no matter how hard they push it, i'll never get a phone without a headphone jack
>>no matter how hard they push it, i'll never get a phone with a fingerprint scanner

might as well split the difference and admit that they only want to sell rectangles that can only connect to instagram, twitter, and snapchat

I'm honestly more bothered by the rounded corners.

yes. my next phone is going to be the key2

Yes, which is why I'll be getting the Lenovo Z5.

Attached: lenovo-all-screen-bezel-less-phone.jpg (728x1392, 214K)

I've only had to give up on the battery one (which was never a huge turnoff for me in the first place)

so far

The software skin they put on the Apex is shit.

Sony Xperia doesn't have this problem.

>Lenovo Z5
Yes please!

>ulefone
>leagoo
>doogee
nigga what

I don't see why people are so frustrated by it. I guess it cuts down on the amount of notification space, but if you have that many notifications there's a problem. I can't think of any apps that use that space on my V20, though I guess it might be a little different for apple users.

The phone is rendering those pixels, they just aren't actually there. It would be infinitely more difficult to make some kind of special firmware that didn't render a normal rectangle.

LG also avoided it with the G6, and that phone is fucking gorgeous

I'm rock hard now

Attached: tumblr_nh65r7CG2r1qf2huro1_500.gif (500x572, 322K)