/VPNs/

PIA just expired and i'm looking to switch.
What are you using Jow Forums ?

Attached: vpn.jpg (643x504, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nordvpn.com/special/77off/
torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/
privateinternetaccess.com/pages/vpnfan-2018
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/04/why-i-hired-mt-gox-ex-ceo-mark-karpeles-as-cto-of-london-trust-media/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Karpelès
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my own

Mullvad

PIA

LTT uses PIA, then PIA is secure.

Yeah. But buy access over TOR with a gift card.

Why do you need a VPN?

Because im paranoid as fuck.

VPNs don't protect you from the NSA. Why do you think they would? Do you know how they work? They're a glorified proxy.

I see these threads almost daily but rarely see the posters explain why they chose one over the other.
PIA seemed decent for being so cheap but crashed a fair amount on my PC and drained tons of my battery on android.
Is expressvpn really worth twice as much as the other services ? (even with a 50% off coupon)

NordVPN, but it's pretty pricey unless you wait for a promotion.

Encrypt.me or Freedome. TunnelBear used to be decent before McAfee bought them.

keep my data anonymous

Why are you looking to change?

More concerned about others on my network or the times that I'm using someone elses network.

nordvpn.com/special/77off/

I used to use ExpressVPN, it is a) slower then PIA, b) excellent online customer support, c) trustworthy client d) Linux friendly, but e) all their UK servers are banned from BBC. So, if you are Anglophile and love watching BBC via BBC iPlayer you are screwed. It's expensive, for sure.

I've been using NordVPN for 5 minutes and its already having issues. (3 day trial).

nord is too slow for broadband let alone 1gigabit service

Change your server? I find their auto server selection is not good. I choose my own servers

Mullvad

Any coupon codes or promo's for it?

Mullvad is disgustingly slow for me for some reason.

Is PIA good enough if I just don't want my ISP to know what I'm doing? I hear they block you from their internet service if you pirate 3 times so I just want to get them off my ass.

I just bought PIA, but I'm having some trouble configuring everything.

I have a home server that runs plex, transmission (for torrenting) and a few sites and home automation shit. I've got it so the VPN is up and running, but this also means that I can't port forward anything to that server.

Is there a way to run both a torrenting client over VPN and still do other things with my home server?

probably because they just hired the guy who embezzled millions from MTGox users as their CTO. That's why I switched anyway.

this was posted a while back but I havn't heard about most of them and its hard to find any real/unbiased reviews. torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/

Attached: USzluI.png (486x98, 7K)

thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/

After reading through this and some independent research found Mullvad works for me.

>No logs
>Mobile via OpenVPN
>Fast speeds (for me at least)

fpbp

I often wonder about combining VPNs. If one were to purchase service in Norway, one in russia, one in korea/Indonesia and then daisy chain while making sure to alternate US friendly US unfriendly I wonder if you could increase the PITA level / effort required.

I use local IKE2 to router because it's good enough for everything except state actors and I don't have utility in pretending I'm someplace I'm not.

Most of the VPN's mentioned don't look so good in the business ethics section.

Attached: ethics.png (1564x552, 46K)

privateinternetaccess.com/pages/vpnfan-2018

At this price point it feels like PIA has no competition.

VPN Hub

Mullvad. Literally it's only flaw is being in a Twelve Eyes country (which isn't really as bad as a Five Eyes country, let alone the U.S.)

Each new "account number" gives you a 3 hour free trial, and in theory you could just keep generating new numbers and getting free hours forever. I'm on my 5th number right now from doing this. I do plan to give them my money eventually.

I've never seen this one answered :
Which VPN services can post on Jow Forums still?

i use torguard
i don't use it as an attempt for privacy from government, just as a vpn for untrusted wireless networks and the like

$30/year and comes with a few hundred proxies that can be used for ddl websites to bypass bandwidth limits

only gripe is port forwarding is super clunky

Ivpn

Pia is out of America.

You want to get a VPN based in a country that doesn't bow down to uncle Sams dick when it comes to handing over records

I'm suprised there isn't a crypto coin for a distributed VPN network.

Kind of like t0r + and peercoin/ combined.

Also a distributed user DNS coin.

is switzerland a safe country?

That was part of my concern.

Substratum?

Attached: 1220323340621.jpg (455x300, 140K)

IVPN.

Sign up for a trial, get a referral link with some benefits, refer yourself and cancel the trial.

LTT blew up their main fileserver with no back-up some time ago.
I use it for €4 a month, less than a gaypuccino at fagbucks.

>LTT
>knowing anything about security

The numale's probably being paid to shill it anyways.

I like mullvad but trying to post with it is ridiculous since nearly everything is blocked by Jow Forums.

Jow Forums has always blocked proxies and VPNs

with VPNs, it's easier to ban because of the IP ranges

PIA or NordVPN? I’m about to pick one of them to skip the ridiculous filter at work, I tried Nord and it werks but perhaps PIA is better at a lower cost.

airvpn is the best

Just stick with PIA. Price and included torrent proxy makes it unbeatable tbqh.

torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

PIA just hired some scammer that embezzled millions of dollars in bitcoin. His name is Karpele or something like that. The Japanese/US feds are on his ass.

Why would PIA think even for a second in hiring him knowing his shady past.

Nord can be had for like $32 a year or $27 if you use Ebates 20% cashback though you have to buy either 2 or 3 years in advance.

I think the Tor Browser works just fine as a VPN built into a browser

I'm fine with PIA: It doesn't leak anything as far I have managed to test, speeds are good enough and torrents work just fine.

That being don't do anything actually criminal whilst using using a VPN (beyond maaaybe pirating but of course you shouldn't pirate). With piracy your internet traffic should be hidden to your ISP and whoever is monitoring the pools aren't going to get any info from the VPN without court orders.

Just assume that if the gov't goes to the VPN and asks for your identifable info, presume they'll get them. I just haven't heard that has happened with PIA yet unlike few other VPN providers.

Attached: 2018-05-27 (1).png (527x143, 13K)

Use, London server or Swedish, I found many and I post from one of them. For fuck sake, search a little.

Wrong, I'm posting from Mullvad right now.

Because it's only you.

>Wrong

You autistic retard. Just because Mullvad acquired a brand new IP range and you're on it, it doesn't mean VPN work on Jow Forums. I've already notified the mods about your post, and they'll add your network address to the filter soon.

i love it when stupid fucks such as yourself assume their anecdote experiences applies to everyone

a typical NAutist trait. are you an american?

Still posting from a VPN and nope I'm not from Murica.

Just a remind you, I'm still posting from the same VPN server.

this. PIA's service is great, but if the idea is to put your trust in your VPN provider I don't see how anyone could unironically use PIA anymore.

PIA's rationalizations wherein they compare embezzling millions of dollars to not making the varsity team (they also didn't approve my respectfully written comment on the article voicing my concerns of trust):
privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/04/why-i-hired-mt-gox-ex-ceo-mark-karpeles-as-cto-of-london-trust-media/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Karpelès

LTT = Linus Tech Tips?
This better be bait.

What do people think about Proton?

good

So what actually is the point of VPN.
>ISPs don't know what sites you visit
>Can access unblocked sites

Does it even prevent site trackers, I thought they tracked you through a unique machine/browser ID.

NSA doesn't give a shit about copyrights. Especially if you live outside the borders of Orwellian nightmare. It's up to the copyright holder.

PIA was raided by FBI. The official story is that they didn't have logs as they've promised, so FBI left empty handed.

You could do that by hosting your own OpenVPN server on raspi or whatever home server.

Ovpn.se