Internet Puzzle - Mods are brainlets edition

A mod is stuck on Step 1. Are you smarter than the Jow Forums mods?

You can find the first step here:
pastebin.com/teBKxmLh

Attached: 8b27715c41407a49470ed985db8e36a7fa6d5d299fc7b156efa7eeb0fa6f91d4.jpg (248x203, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/tripcode/!Laingod9RI/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On step 8 right now.

Thanks for the fun puzzle op

Step 9 here, kinda dying inside at this point

Step 8 has been fixed. Go get the new text - any progress you've made on it will be saved. It's just a bit easier now that it doesn't have all the mistakes on line 5.
I'm sorry, user.

Attached: 0db51b42c11e738bfdf76d0349b9ba945d5f381fd030d5d8b0b82e217b6473c8.jpg (707x1000, 133K)

XWW is fucking me up

Hint: XWWWW

onomatopoeia

Me too man. That's the mkv file one right? Just have no fvcking clue.

Yeah, i've been looking at this one on and off for 6-7 hours with no luck

To the user trying to bruteforce the answer to step 10, please stop. You were on the right track before and you won't be able to bruteforce it anyway. :(

Attached: 0d84772aedc722afb1c490d816fae98cbeb866ff112204c0beef1022cdb87f2d.png (1600x1935, 2.93M)

Finally did 8. Never trust a french tool.

nvm, file not founf

Is the .xxv file still hosted?

Yes. All files necessary for the puzzle will remain hosted for as long as I own these websites.

im too stupid to find it then :C

this isn't fair, i solved 8
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1512327648438.jpg (392x379, 119K)

I agree, it wasn't really hidden very well. I'll give you a hint though, since it seems you have solved the cipher at least:

Gur svyr lbh jnag uvqrf nzbat gur tveyf.

You probably don't want to finish step 8 though, because step 9 is bloody impossible.

Am I really supposed to iterate through all of them and check each one? Why did i solve the cipher in the first place then when you could just bruteforce

No, the filename you want is hidden in the cipher. No need to bruteforce. I just told you which folder that file is hidden in.

got it, now off to despair

A few people have emailed me about what step is supposed to be what. So for those confused as to how I'm counting - here is what you do for each step:

Step 1 - Solve something
Step 2 - Find something
Step 3 - Find then Solve something
Step 4 - Find something
Step 5 - Solve something
Step 6 - Find then Solve something
Step 7 - Solve something
Step 8 - Solve something
Step 9 - Solve then Find something
Step 10 - Solve then Find something

Mods actually deleted the thread earlier?
Lmao

Based hotpockets

Really? Hahaha, no wonder there's a 12 hour period where there was no thread in the archives. Anybody got a backup?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/tripcode/!Laingod9RI/type/op/

Sadly not, but concerning the step 9 file i remember there being a hint about something repeating in the hexdump and something else about the mkv file not even being relevant, which i doubt

Attached: Delivery-Boxes-Feature.jpg (457x320, 91K)

I am using mkvextract but i dont think that tool will help. What tool could be sued to remove all data of a specific file format from a file? I am sure that there is data hidden inside the mkv, interwoven with the real file, but because I have no idea what tools there are I could try idk what to do

Present day.
Present time.
HAHAHAHAHA

Step 10 has been solved. Congratulations, user, you have escaped The Wired.

Thank you everyone for playing. I hope you have enjoyed your time with The Wired.

The puzzle will continue to be hosted for your entertainment. I may post a new puzzle in the future - focusing more on ciphers and encryption instead of steganography.

Attached: do_i_exist.png (768x432, 159K)

Attached: wario frog.png (234x539, 232K)