So, who is getting bored of tech?

So, who is getting bored of tech?

>Shit cpu industry
>Shit gpu industry
>everything labeled "gayming"
>shit laptops, thinkpads still best
>normie-tier quality for all the things
>botnets.exe
> Shit icons/known personalities of the Loonix/FLOSS (lunduke the zionist and stallman the footcrumb-eater)
>Tech youtube channels powered by bait titles and lack of content that PC mustard basedboi gaymers are satisfied with
>Addictive consumerism, paradox of choice, never satisfied from the shit you buy
>Spend your money and get fat sitting in your "gaymer" chair
>Kids with no life experience "streamers" are the vehicle driving major gaming decisions, which in turn drives the stoopid PC market
>Ubiquitous hardware still high price
>1000$ 4 hour-lasting spying devices
>RGB all the things, even stock coolers
>SJW software

Who here is slowly abandoning the tech "hobby"?

Attached: datacuck.jpg (600x615, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

radixjournal.com/2014/04/2014-4-2-the-boycott-is-a-bourgeois-form-of-protest/
radixjournal.com/2014/04/2014-4-2-the-boycott-is-a-bourgeois-form-of-protest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just find a sub genre that's deemed too dorky or uninteresting to people with no attention span.

I'm really pining for a bit of a minimalist luddite movement to take back the web, hardware and software.

Everything has been comoditized and its a constant race to the bottom, I'm sick of it.

Attached: stalenhag.jpg (1392x2048, 203K)

technology doesn't mean consumer electronics

>Oh wow RYZEN is so much cooler and faster than FX
>Look for motherboards
>Everything is gay RGB shit with terrible VRMS
I'm at least tired of PC hardware.

Attached: AB50837_2.jpg (1000x635, 395K)

Honestly, I just play around with old shit. The last time I was excited about a newly released piece of tech was when the Radeon 7770 got released.
Thankfully, There's enough old computers to entertain me until I die. Suns, mid '90s Apples, SGIs, and all those things are just so interesting compared to the RGB ultraGaymen x86 shit.
Do I happen to know you?

Attached: Station March 2018(Lit ver.).jpg (4592x3056, 2.53M)

>You could upgrade from a 3GHz pentium 4 prescott to a core 2 quad in 2007
>tfw 800% performance gains just because the ipc is so much better and there's four of them now
You just can't get upgrades like that anymore.

>Shit cpu industry
>Shit gpu industry
>shit laptops, thinkpads still best
>botnets.exe
>normie-tier quality for all the things
> Shit icons/known personalities of the Loonix/FLOSS (lunduke the zionist and stallman the footcrumb-eater)
>Addictive consumerism, paradox of choice, never satisfied from the shit you buy
>Spend your money and get fat sitting in your "gaymer" chair
>RGB all the things, even stock coolers

shut the fuck up you annoying redditor cunt you really think highlighting my whole post then adding some stupid ad homonim bullshit is going to make you seem smarter or someting?

Attached: 1525002387406.png (1440x1033, 1.37M)

That's not even how you use that meme pham.

fx a shit

It is a shit but I love my UD3 board so much I can't stop using it.

Attached: Why the fuck everything single threaded.png (800x522, 265K)

>>Shit cpu industry
>>Shit gpu industry
Phone stuff is improving pretty quickly though so we might end up with arm desktops competing with AMD/Intel eventually. Also Intel is supposedly entering the GPU war so we might see some nice competition on that front too.

rub my balls bro its gonna be ok

Attached: 1526483486991.png (642x539, 36K)

Your problem is that you were never interested in "tech," you were interested in consumer electronics before they became mainstream.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

>you were interested in consumer electronics before they became mainstream
>implying he's somehow wrong for thinking this way
It's not like quality tanks when the lowest common denominator normie becomes the targeted consumer or anything...

Attached: ZZLmMo1.gif (1920x1920, 3.14M)

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, complain."
~Some niggerlicious faggot that created one part for the GNU system and got all the credit

>It's not like quality tanks
Quality improves in mass market conditions, you idiot. Maybe the real problem is that you retards are too young to remember what the markets were like in the 90s and early 00s.

Besides, when I said mainstream, I wasn't even referencing the current markets; I was referencing how computer electronics used to be fairly niche and autists could pretend they had arcane knowledge because they knew how plug their RAM into their motherboard and reapply thermal paste.

I've been playing mostly old ass games up until just recently. It's a lot cheaper anyway.
All these Youtubers and twitch whores are pure cancer, I never paid any attention to any of them (except Dunkey).

>Quality improves in mass market conditions
Then it must be a pure coincidence that I see so many RGB laiden X470 gaming mobos that run really hot with a 2700X at stock because it's got 4 phases for the CPU in this age where LinuxTechTips is a thing among young people, and the hardware makers know this.

>LinuxTechTips
Linustechtips

>Linustechtips
GNU/Linuxtechtips

Fugg

>Your problem is that you were never interested in "tech," you were interested in consumer electronics before they became mainstream.
>Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

You say it as if being a "tech" connoisseur authority is a grandiose achievement.

Such sadness

Attached: sad.jpg (800x437, 96K)

This reads like a parody in parts. Is it? With all the nonsense meme-speak, it may as well be.

Kill urself

Attached: What_the_fuck.gif (295x218, 1.69M)

>gaming
>tech
Lol gaming is a fashionable social activity now thats why average consumer pc shit is so uninteresting to most of us oldfags (im 27 but i still feel old grew up with hardware from late 80s

Overall, decent points. I still find things to love though and I hope things will improve.
>>Tech youtube channels powered by bait titles and lack of content that PC mustard basedboi gaymers are satisfied with
I disagree a lot here. You just have to find the channels that aren't for normies. Avoid Linus tech tips at all costs. For example, I watch level1techs often.

>go to lib gen
>download programming, algorithm and mathematics books
>start reading, learning and implementing
>don't give a shit about "technology"
Do this and don't get fueled by memes

>is going to make you seem smarter or someting?
yes

also this

who gives a shit about a motherboard? it's an appliance at worst and invisible under normal circumstances

just forget about your motherboard, autist

I kinda matters user, especially if you're me and you're rendering video which makes the VRM get hot, I kinda want it to last.

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 907K)

Fami? I paid for that 3.5" faceplate on your XT.

Attached: droste3.jpg (4000x6000, 3.59M)

srsly m8, why "abandon tech"? What would be the opposite? "Dwelling" in it?

Tech's reason to be is its functionality. And the tech industry is not different from the car industry if we consider the userbase. Computer fanbois are like these car-addicts, but nerdier and less chad'y.

A car is a tool. Some peolpe obsesses over what their tools can do. It is the same regarding computers. But, being tools, they are to be used.

"Getting bored of tech" is just losing oneself amidst all the noise. Why have "tech" as a hobbie, instead of having hobbies as "that which you can do with tech"?

It's like obsessing over a hammer instead of building things with it. What if some hammers glow, dude?

>What if some hammers glow, dude?
Well the "hammers" fucking suck now, they're cheaply made and are dressed up as if they're something durable while having a high price.

Good timing for your thread, I sold my GAYMING computer 3 weeks ago and picked up the acoustic guitar, this thing has brought me more REAL enjoyment than 16 years of PC gaming ever did.

Plus no woman will ever want to come around and watch you 360 noscope some faggot on COD 19 where as pull out a guitar and she becomes naked instantly.

Attached: vG4qp.png (500x332, 99K)

You are ready user.

It is time to move to Jow Forums

This. Ryzen and Coffee Lake have been pretty good. It's the GPU market that's shit at the moment. VR's been disappointing. And those fucking RAM prices...

Attached: VR.jpg (1620x599, 216K)

Look at these hammers. The result of japanese obsession. There are no LEDs. Obsession is what makes a culture.

Now, this hammer is complete, it's reached a climax. But computers and "tech" are still developing, they should become better every generation. Now, look at the best computers you can get today. A 5000$ premium Apple computer comes equipped with zinc screws in the mounting plate, Thinkpads loose proven and functional features every generation, post-meritocracy in software development looms like a dark shadow, the Internet, once a temple of knowledge, a place for sages, became a screeching marketplace, a place for the loudest screamers. Results of search engines became worse over the years. It goes downwards instead of upwards.

Obsession is replaced by something else. This is a global trend. I think this happens because the attention span of people is shortened, globally, by our new electronic devices.

You know this question, would you switch the internet off? I'm in the process of doing just that. Pulling the plug, at least, on my own devices.

Attached: tenryutuchime.jpg (617x361, 54K)

Why did you play videogames in the first place?

This is the whole thread, just get over it and ignore it, use what you need, i doubt you need a i7 8700k and a 1080 ti for your Linux machine, just get what you need for your use case and stop bashing everything you don't like just because you don't like it

Attached: stop_liking_what_i_dont_like.gif (500x281, 615K)

What is that computer called? I love those old green tint IBM pcs. I wonder what the specs on it are

I've been playing guitar since I was 7 (dad taught me). I started to perform live almost every Saturday at my friend's bar because I also sing but no chicks are beating down my door here lol

It's in the picture, look at the IBM badge

Sorry, I'm retarded, ty user

Very welcome friend! All is good

Attached: _Pixiv_ID_66912203.jpg (700x990, 187K)

Introverted school kid (I'm not a tragic ugly fat kid, I'm 6foot decent looking and can make girls laugh)

Guitars can't fix ugly user lol

IBM 5170

6Mhz Intel 80286
640Kb onboard memory
1.2Mb extended memory
20Mb MFM hard disk
3Com Etherlink III
ATI VGA Wonder

Attached: new-blinds.jpg (6000x4000, 2.67M)

Try doing something creative with your technology.

And then you realized that SJW controls the entire world now, and all things to be progressive no meritocracy cucks in very few time...

Try creating, not consuming.

>Build your own keyboard
>Buy a Herman Miller chair
>Buy some new audiophile snake oil
There are plenty of PC luxuries that aren't aimed at gaymers

take a time machine, you'll find this EXACT same post ten fucking years ago, only without the quotes.

marketers realized millenials already bought the "decent" shit they released, so they're making everything garbage so that the next generation of retards will buy into the memes when everyone says "finally a good product!"

it seems as though it's a race to the bottom at this point. whoever can sell the most garbage wins!

probably to do with testing marketing algorithms and the effects of propaganda

>no longer interested in consumer tech
How does it feel to be getting old OP?

>buy more shit
Great solution you have their.

>their

>this faggot again
Not every post is a winner.

>rebdit tier forced shrek meme
12 year olds aren't allowed to post on Jow Forums. Go back to rebdit and stay their kiddo.

>never satisfied from the shit you buy

I am this. Why is that?

>dunkey
>not binyot

In regards tot he problem with tech its reversable, all we need to do is make better, more minimal, tech. All the normies will eventually hop onboard after they get sick of the industry's shit like we have.

>Quality improves in mass market conditions
Stopped reading there, even the most novice business man knows that in mass markets quality is depreciated and exchanged for consumability. To get the largest audience you have to make your shit as generic as possible. EX: every movie that has ever pandered to the lowest common denominator.
Normies like pretty colours, its why RGB is so popular. Normies are stupid, its why their standards are so low. Normies like cool looking things, its why they use jewgle's shit. Normies are sheep, that is why everything is shit.

now say it with me:
>normies are dumb sheep

I agree with all of this. What's really lacking is software. There's no good software anymore. We need to bring back Motif on UNIX-like systems. CDE and Motif are now open source under the GPL. We can use them to get rid of the flat metro trash.

With hardware, we don't need anything more than what we have. We've already got powerful ARM SBCs that are like $50. These are more than powerful enough for use as day to day work machines. What we need is more RISC laptops. Intel is trash and has a hardware hypervisor you can't turn off. Total botnet. AMD's implementation isn't much better.

Attached: 20180527003839_1280x1024_scrot.png (1280x1024, 944K)

and go back 10 years before that and you would have seen
>"3Dfx"

If I ever get another box it will be Ryzen G (or whatever APU is good then) in an ITX case. I'm too old for this Gayming rice shit.

comfy as fuck

Same here, it's a shame the only non gaymen X470 boards Gigabyte makes are micro ATX.

I don't know why it's so hard for mobo makes to deliver a strong VRM, ATX form factor board that is plain with high end features that we want for an affordable price, they've done it before.

Attached: GA-990FXA-UD3 Ports.jpg (1000x600, 163K)

can we all agree that GN is the Jow Forums approved tech YouTube channel?
> no clickbait titles
> consistent testing procedures
> clear measurement standards
> quantitative analysis instead of "hmm, this doesn't seem good"
> steve kinda looks like jesus fucked richard stallman

I just sold my Crosshair V Formula to a friend for $60, insanely good motherboard but no ryzen = no good :(

Cozy as fuck

> IEEE1394
> PS/2
are motherboard manufacturers stuck in 2004? The fuck is this?

I can understand 1394 being jettisoned because people who aren't old fucks like me will never use it and the controller chip costs money, but PS/2 is still the most responsive connection for peripherals, and some gamers love it.

Serious answer:

No, because I'm a software developer, and your point about
>SJW software
is refuted by
>radixjournal.com/2014/04/2014-4-2-the-boycott-is-a-bourgeois-form-of-protest/

They are if we give participation trophees

USB interface isn't the bottleneck, it's a placebo desu

Attached: 1523387586421.jpg (300x300, 14K)

>But muh N-Key Rollover
I don't even use it, but I may consider buying the little pigtail to connect my usb keyboard and mouse to free up two ports on the old UD3.

Attached: 1523433903969.jpg (1038x1000, 140K)

>for all the things

Attached: IMG_20180526_011103.jpg (2048x1536, 265K)

>SJW software
>is refuted by
>>radixjournal.com/2014/04/2014-4-2-the-boycott-is-a-bourgeois-form-of-protest
No it doesnt because SJW control all things in life now, there not is escape from a SJW controls, and there is nothing to say or do that is not it. This is understand that all channer does.. and you should do also.

OP here

You seem to know alot about reddit, why don't you show us the way, nublet

Already lift erryday miniITX dyel home gym

Attached: 6f5.jpg (600x600, 23K)

Found the 12-year old. Can't even use the right "there".