Alternatives to Windows 7

I'm with a problem here. Windows 7 looks nice and smooth on my machine, but I want to switch to some Linux distro.

The question is: I can't find a decent vanilla distro that don't come with Gnome.
As an example, Ubuntu flavors aren't official and have delayed updates and the others.
Other major distros don't even have options to download, you need to install other DE after, with some tweaks on the terminal.
I've experienced Lubuntu and that shit don't even have a normal way of adjust screen brightness on monitors, and the workspaces don't work properly.
Also Debian for philosophical reasons don't come with a normal Firefox.
Mint have delayed updates compared to his parents and is green.

Please help me to find something simply "decent" to use.

Attached: tumblr_o34vf2fKD61sq3y0io1_500.gif (500x363, 627K)

install gentoo

Stick with windows if posting this was easier then just installing and switching to another DE

It's too much to want a vanilla distro from the start?

Debian now ships with the standard Firefox esr release. It's also trivial to install the standard release. Just use Debian and install whatever you want.

Or installing a browser kek

lmao. I didn't even read that far.

There are vanilla distros that come with something other than gnome. It just takes a dumbass to not be able to find them.

I think Kubuntu is your best bet.

Windows 10.

Just go for Ubuntu man. But the ideal solution would be rely on a friend to do a minimal installation and put a DE for you. I've done this several times it only takes 20 minutes~30, just find someone that's used to do this

Fedora has like 6 different versions with different DEs. You can test them as live versions and install which one you like. If you change your mind afterwards, changing is easy. There are WMs and DEs that aren't made in to spins available but can be installed afterwards as well.

This. Just debloat it yourself.

>Ubuntu flavors aren't official
Uh, so?

>and have delayed updates
What? No, they don't. Unless you're talking about Ubuntu's point-release schedule in general.

>Other major distros don't even have options to download, you need to install other DE after
I know Debian allows you to pick your DE of choice from the installer. Most major distros will have a variety of flavors available on their site, however. What's wrong with using one of those? Installing a DE from the terminal isn't hard either, generally all it is is installing a single group/metapackage, like pacman -S xfce4.

>I've experienced Lubuntu and that shit don't even have a normal way of adjust screen brightness on monitors, and the workspaces don't work properly.
Consider XFCE or MATE if you're looking for something lightweight. LXDE is super barebones and deprecated, and I don't think LXQT is ready for primetime yet.

>Mint have delayed updates compared to his parents and is green.
It's extremely simple to change your theme, you know. You shouldn't pick a desktop environment/distro based on how it looks out of the box.

Anyway, if you're concerned with getting the latest updates, consider Debian testing, some variant of Arch, or Gentoo. As a beginner, Manjaro (based on Arch) is probably your best bet.

ok but how to remove amazon?

Don't use the default variant of Ubuntu.

Windows 10 LTSB
Solus
openSUSE

Isn't it just a link?

>LGBT
That's some masochistic shit.

>Manjaro
Why has this thread ignored the most God tier consumer distro?

No it's a full-on app that's impossible to remove completely (iirc)

Seems like netinstall would get around that but I haven't tried it myself yet.

I never really bothered to find a solution, I just switched to xubuntu since I preferred xfce to unity anyway.