bugzilla.kernel.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=xbox one&list_id=987911

cool, no solution.

Attached: x720-vbn.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aII0zOV2Ofk
maketecheasier.com/set-up-xbox-one-controller-ubuntu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>xbox

how much do you get paid, genuine question?
Do they pay in actual money or in curry rations?
saged

>using a server OS for gaming

>Blames proprietary, closed source technology on Linux.

You sir are a special kind of stupid.

bluetooth is a hot mess on linux.

>linux still failing to support something as basic as pairing bluetooth devices
There is no excuse

Microsoft only added bluetooth to their controller in the THIRD version of the Xbox One controller. I'm pretty sure those bug reports are mostly if not entirely unrelated to bluetooth if they're all for the xbox controller. Anything from Nintendo or Sony works out of the box.

either complain at microsoft to fix it or write a patch for it yourself

I fugging hate winfack, just use wangblows damn it, no one forcing you to use linux

>I have to write a patch for something that works out of the box on literally any other OS
I couldn't even make up this shit if I wanted to

>be you
>be crawling out of your mom's basement for the first time
>be going to the woods
>be seeing a bear
>bear be shitting in the woods
>this bear has to shit on the ground while literally everybody else in burgerstan has a toilet
I couldn't even make up this shit if I wanted to

Imagine being this autistic

Attached: 1527211040158.png (432x432, 207K)

>cool, no solution.
Good thing there are of millions of other non-proprietary controllers then.

and linux users fall for bait everytime.

>you're buying controllers wrong
can't make this shit up, worse than macfags

You should be using Playstation controllers, user.

>buy proprietary controller that doesn't have driver developed for Linux
>be upset when controller doesn't work on Linux

Really though, I get where you're coming from. With Windows we get used to all of our products working out of the box because they're designed to work out of the box with Windows by whoever made the product, in this case Microsoft. To get an Xbox controller to work with Windows, Microsoft had to develop drivers specifically for Windows. To get an Xbox controller to work with Linux, who develops the driver? Probably some person in their attic; you get what I'm saying? It's great how far Linux has come and it certainly has a ways to go, but I really think you're being unfair in this case because it's not like kernel or distro maintainers have the resources to also support a plethora of peripherals; they usually just incorporate drivers written by people completely unaffiliated with their distro.

Xbox one pad works flawlessly with android, explain that linuxfag.

>he thinks I wasn't pretending

>you're buying controllers wrong
>can't make this shit up, worse than macfags
Care to muster up anything than thinly veiled bait attempts and nonsense meme-speak? You have your answer.

I can't, but my guess is that getting the controller to work on a smartphone doesn't take the exact same requirements as on your desktop. It could be as simple as one line of code that needs changed/added, or something much more than that. Regardless, it hasn't been done yet and who are you getting upset at over it? Do you think that the same people who got the controller to work on your Galaxy also work on the driver for Debian?

as if this whole thread isn't just a shitty bait thread.
I feel sorry for who gave a sensible and polite reply in a shitty bait thread.

It's quite often you see this scenario reversed. I'm definitely blaming Microsoft here. Support for non-xbox controllers is way worse on Windows than on GNU/Linux. I remember the hell of getting a Wii U Pro controller to work on Windows. I had to install the Toshiba bluetooth stack, manually add the hardware ID for my dongle to the driver, and then use Windows in Test Mode to get it to work with my unsupported hardware. By the way, there is a 30 day limit on this. Luckily, I was just passing the time until I got an actual Wii U to use the controller with, and I didn't use Windows much longer after that. On GNU/Linux is literally just worked out of the box. It was detected as an xinput device and could be used in whatever game.

>linuxfag
How mature. And why are you so obsessed over an overpriced piece of gaming equipment not functioning on an operating system which stands for everything Microsoft couldn't be bribed to? Guess what? There are workarounds. youtube.com/watch?v=aII0zOV2Ofk
maketecheasier.com/set-up-xbox-one-controller-ubuntu/
How many threads did you have to make?

>pajeet is upset that the controller for his employer's game system doesn't work on linux
make drivers that work with linux then, you fucking street shitting, dick snorting, faggot.