*krashes*

*krashes*

Attached: 1521972895904.png (2000x2000, 1.24M)

KDE is biggest meme de. Gnome gets shit on, but at least it's stable. Basically the choice is between Gnome 3 and Mate (aka Gnome 2), LXQt seems to slowly improve, Xfeces is still old looking outdated shit

daily reminder that unity still exists

*grashes*

Attached: Gnomelogo.svg.png (2000x2428, 95K)

sure is (((gnome devs))) in here

kek

Yeah, KDE4 sure was bad.

geg

Attached: vPYDIcY.png (1024x1051, 186K)

GNOME shills are out in full force, lmao.

what the fuck devs on linux literally uses a fucking foot for their logo

Maybe they like to eat their legs just like Stallman

that sounds weird
(i tried to search so i wont look like a total neufig)
holy shit it's real

Attached: 1507768655768.gif (540x540, 282K)

The same ones who keep shitting it up with garbage like systemd

Trinity works great and never crashes. You are full of shit.

gnome is shit and you know it

Attached: 1515738233854.png (800x800, 21K)

>Decide to watch a movie with mpv
>As the movie is coming to a close I notice that the window is stuck in fullscreen mode
>Skip to the end because I know that closes the mpv window

>mpv tab is still showing at the bottom bar after it closes
>Open ksysguard to kill it
>Can't find the mpv window anywhere

>Buttons to close the ksysguard window are gone
>End up using it to close itself
>Reboot to try and fix whatever was happening
So what did you guys do in the last 10 minutes?

>open some programs
>do stuff
>suddenly popup comes up saying something KDE-related crashed and had to be restarted due to error
>panel graphics are now stuck, but it functions like normal, so you have to click invisible panel elements to switch between open applications
>easiest option to fix is to log out and log back in

>open desktop settings
>change so that it doesn't show icons on desktop
>the entire fucking DE closes and doesn't reopen
>have to log out to fix it
what a meme

not like others are any better though
XFCE
>customizing panel
>change clock preferences
>close clock preferences window
>clock disappears
>open prefs again, clock shows up, close prefs window, clock disappears
>the only way to save clock prefs without the clock disappearing is to log out with the clock preferences window open

this is why Linux is still on the rock bottom of desktop operating systems

Attached: 1424847582967.png (505x504, 121K)

Yes, sure! Gnome is so stable with all the extensions that get in each others way and fuck everything up. Also the glorious nautilus with is an OS inside the OS, complicated, shitty, terrible and controls half the DE. Gnome is just fantastic!
KDE is better at being gnome than gnome and if you find it so buggy then it means you fuck something up.
I use KDE since 4 and although it took me some time to get used to it, I am perfectly fine with it now and it's rock solid.
Also don't use fuckin Kubuntu!

I don't see any reason to use either KDE or Gnome. The former is bloated as fuck, the latter is just unusable garbage.
Just use a twm if you know what you're doing. If you *really* want a "traditional" DE, Xfce or Lxde are the way to go.

I used XFCE on Xubuntu for three years and never had any issues, and I moved to Debian Testing with KDE a few months ago and have yet to experience any issues like this. The only problems I'll encounter are due to performing apt-get dist-upgrade and not immediately rebooting.

what are you doing wrong?

That's mpv ignoring the compositor. The problem is on mpv's end. There's a setting to not ignore the compositor, enable it and it will never happen again.

Psssst....Yo...Retard. I don't wanna cause too much of a scene here and humiliate you in front of all of these people, but those Gnome "extensions" you're talking about? KDE has them too. In fact, a lot of software does too.

retards KDE 5 exists

Nothing, I've been using Xfce on my laptop for years as well and haven't had any problems. Installed debian testing on my main PC recently, first with KDE, but that kept fucking up so I did a clean install with Xfce again and the clock issue happened. I know I'm not the only one with these problems since I found the solution online. Also I keep losing connection every so often despite being on wired. Bit infuriating, to be honest. Doesn't happen on my laptop or on Windows. I guess some things are just down to luck.

debian+gnome worst distro+de according to logos? (pube+foot)

>using mpv
>2018

>gnome
>stable
yeah my session locking up or just outright crashing after resuming from a suspend is really "stable"

Psssst...Yo...Retard. I don't wanna cause too much of a scene here and humiliate you in front of all of these people, but he's not complaining about extensions in general, he's complaining about the fact that they're slow, buggy, abhorrent Javascript abominations that break every update and are necessary to patch basic functionality back into the DE.

Which part crashes and why?
It works for me.

Does not krash on OpenSUSE.
Does not grash on OpenSUSE.

fuck off lunduke

>slowly consumes more and more RAM, as the animations slow to a glitchy, frame-skipping crawl and it eventually just crashes
Sure does just werk™

I don't get this meme. gnome never crashed on me and besides the application overview it runs well but what else do I expect from a bunch of people using ancient thinkpads

Gnome ues just a hair more RAM than KDE does now. They must have fixed something.

>this is why Linux is still on the rock bottom of desktop operating systems
because you aren't using mint. still is the best linux DE of all time

I use gnome but no user. gnome 3 has used more ram than kde since it's first release

Why don't you people just use cinnamon

dwm or bust, anything else is bloat

Something changed recently because my RAM usage on Gnome nearly matches what KDE uses on my other install. I think it must be related to the crash fix they issued for Gnome. This is on Arch, so you may not being seeing any of this for a while. I like both DE's though, my only complaint is the default file managers on both of them suck, imho. Pcmanfm has always been my favorite file manager.

*mrashes*

Attached: mrashes.jpg (705x705, 46K)

That's really great news

Although my KDE probably didn't crash even once for last year or so, several days ago favorites started to disappear from my launcher menu after every restart.
Had to delete some files so KDE could recreate them.
Not cool.

Attached: 2013-01_konqui-kawai_krita_net.jpg (667x667, 44K)

any screenshot of task manager or htop running with gnomeshell? last time i made a fresh bloatless install of plasma desktop was around 330mb ram, I can't believe gnome gets those numbers desu.

I keep getting these random rectangle shaped holes in random programs that show the wallpaper behind them. Also I had to turn off the autohide on the taskbar because it would go into seizure mode and flicker on and off rapidly. KDE needs to stop adding things until they fix the stuff it already has.

Not on hand, but my default "fully featured" Plasma desktop uses 1100mb with nothing running. Guh-Nome uses 12-1300mb idle. And to be fair, the Gnome desktop is running a bunch of extensions because I don't like seeing taskbars and shit all over the place.

KDE is pretty stable in my experience. There are some minor issues from time to time, but nothing too annoying. It's customizable, has a nice interface and doesn't eat up a lot of ressources.

Attached: Mascot_konqiappdevkatie1.png (2480x3508, 655K)

What's wrong with ubuntu. Don't tell me to use arch or some stupid shit that gives problems every time you need to install some small thing.

This is absurd.
>Want to copy file to flash drive
>File is larger than 4gb so I can't format the drive as fat32
>Formating as ntfs makes it unreadable without extra drivers
>Formating as ext* requires me to go in and change the permissions manually before writing to it, because for some absurd reason kubuntu doesn't give admin users write access by default, only the actual root user gets it.
Genuinely retarded.

>he doesn't know

Why not use exfat if you share it with windows computers then?

thats some fucking bullshit
KDE uses less than 600mb

CINNAMON IS THE BEST DE

I just wanted to say HI to the Kmail developers. Or regressors as the case more correctly may be.

KDE is the Apple of DEs. Bloated, "pretty", and low-productivity. It has the added bonus of crashing every 10 seconds

*brashes*

Attached: brashes.png (662x662, 36K)

Stop baiting the kusers user

maybe back in 2012, now budgie is literally the same thing (a more customizable gnome3 spin-off) but does it better.

Use krunner to relaunch Kwin:
kwin_x11 --replace

>having to resort to begging
Sad!

Attached: StillOpen.jpg (604x470, 52K)

I'm a huge Gnome fan but this irritates me to no end. Of course preventing the computer from suspending solves it, but damn that pisses me off.

I have never seen plasma use more than 800mb. 600mb is the norm. Stop bullshiting gnome shill.

Just disable the crash reporter. Out of sight, out of mind

*xtabilizes*

Attached: xstabillizes.png (512x512, 31K)

the absolute state of GNU/Shit

In fairness I don't want my computer auto-suspending so it's a win-win.

>Xfeces is still old looking outdated shit
Adwaita dark GTK theme + Breeze icons + cruxish theme is pretty nice looking.
It's also pretty easy to add your own custom stuff. I made the buttons on the cruxish theme change color on mouseover.

there is something wrong with your install then, that's a lot for a "fully featured" plasma desktop environment, which distro are you running?

>using KrapDE

Attached: kde_annoys_linus.png (705x677, 283K)

KDE literally is unusable if you want actual work done.

actually try to work on krita or gimp, keeps crashing like there's no tomorrow.

the only DEs which can handle heavy work are *buntus and arch with xfce or a twm. every other shit will crash like a cowardly faggot even if slight load is experienced by these.

anyone who shills for anything other than aforementioned DEs and distros needs to be euthanized.

>panel graphics are now stuck, but it functions like normal, so you have to click invisible panel elements to switch between open applications
>easiest option to fix is to log out and log back in

Just move the screen edge and put it back where you had it.

I don't have these issues with plasma even on Nvidia. What kind of shit hardware are you trying to run it on?

Kbuntu works fine for me. Did you try troubleshooting at all?

based

I got really annoyed at that shit until I did more research and found out it was MPV's fault.

>k
karlie pls

I've been using MATE since the first release and it's literally never had a problem
It's easily the most stable UI ever made

I've been using it for about 3 years and the piece of shit breaks at the smallest customization, still love it tho

what the fuck version are you using?
At one point I even replaced the wm with i3 and it was still fine with it.

I'm using Kubuntu, and I'm seeing the same results as the Arch guy.