What do you even do with a rooted phone...

what do you even do with a rooted phone? I rooted mine just for the fuck of it but I really am not sure what benefits that brings you other than custom roms.

Attached: download-supersu[1].jpg (738x360, 20K)

You can change icons.

Oh wait, that’s for iOS :^)

adaway

different emoji. I have a Samsung

blocking all adds.
blocking certain apps from accessing the internet so they cant call home.
Cracking apps so you dont have to pay for premium functions / get free inapp purchases if you game on your phone.

It used to be necassary for a lot of things, now I don't even bother.

Adaway and YT background playback / no ads in YouTube can be done without rooting now. Same with custom themes.

AdAway and xPrivacy

Adaway, lucky patcher, reaver, pixiewps, Titanium backup, fiddling with /system when I need to

De-botnetting as much as possible.

You can properly delete unwanted preinstalled apps, which can be a godsend for older, low spec phones and give them a new lease of life.

Install Gentoo

Youtube Vanced
Adaway
Titanium Backup Pro

Flash Magisk -> Manager app installed -> Go to Play Store -> Uninstall Youtube -> Go to Manager app -> Go to download center -> install Youtube Vanced Module -> Reboot phone

There, now you have Youtube with bakground play and no ads.

Viper4Android

Used to do it on earlier Samsung models but got into Oculus with the S8 and couldn't be bothered spending half a day configuring the phone.

But wait, adaway still needs root in order to work.

NewPipe is available on fdroid and it has YouTube background playability. I wouldn't consider it a feature of rooting.

>There, now you have Youtube with bakground play and no ads.
Or, you know, just use newpipe without root.

Attached: Screenshot_20180527-133818.png (1080x1920, 536K)

I dont wanna have to add all my 300 channels again. Fuck that.

>I dont wanna have to add all my 300 channels again
What's subscription list import?

Attached: Screenshot_20180527-134353.png (1080x1920, 129K)

>Youtube Vanced
Thanks, i didn't know this existed.

Wrong picture.

Attached: Screenshot_20180527-134503.png (1080x1920, 61K)

You don't need root to change icons on android
Apple please stop making me feel so bad for your users
The reason i cant leave for newpipe is that i use the stream to tv option alot, so there's that

>i use the stream to tv option
That's a fair reason. I don't use that feature, so to each their own.

YouTube vanced works without root.

>Cracking apps so you dont have to pay for premium functions / get free inapp purchases if you game on your phone.
>blocking certain apps from accessing the internet so they cant call home.

what apps do this pleae

Lucky patcher
Freedom

i love you
thanks

rooting is pretty unnecessary these days
What adaway does is already accomplished by your router or something running pihole.

But that means that you'll have to be connected to your wifi at home, otherwise you'll still get ads. Just use dns66 if you want to block ads systemwide and without root.

No problem. Both do #1. For #2 you can use DNS666 and a Xposed module for controlling permissions of app