Are fountain pens technology?

Are fountain pens technology?

Attached: IMG_20180527_095420.jpg (4048x3036, 2.77M)

Yes. Useless technology at this point.

only traps aren't technology, that's why you find them in /b/.
Jow Forums is the universal board.

You're useless

>Look at that subtle cheddar-yellow coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a stamped nib.

What pen is that op?

I was recently looking at getting one after years of ballpens
though lefty, so no clue if I should
lefty tips are a scam, so I was looking at fine (EF would probably tear the paper on a hard surface)
also looking at different inks, but the super quick dry stuff is fucking expensive
I'm okay with getting a converter tho

anyone with experience/recommendations?

lefty here, I don't know how the fuck you call this grip but I lay my hand above theline I'm writing on and there are no smudges or shit like that, also I use the cheapest ink I can find, I just need to transfer ink from those cheap cartridges to Parker's cartridges because regular one don't fit
Get cheap fountain pen and try it on with different grips and writing techniques

I've been using them for a while now. practically can't go back to ballpoints, my cursive has gotten ten times better and i actually enjoy writing now.

i'd recommend a cheap fountain pen like a pilot metropolitan to anyone who dislikes writing.

Attached: 8920687812_c34af349d5_c.jpg (800x473, 170K)

Jinhao 159 Fountain Pen - Orange, Medium

Cartridge shitters aren't pens. It fills from a bottle, or it's crap

p.s. converter pens are still cartridge pens

Attached: w10_2401_Pilot_Custom_823.jpg (800x250, 27K)

I can actually write under the line, but it still sometimes happens that I smudge over it
transferring ink is a pain, so I was looking from the get go at converters
like amazon com/Lamy-Z24-Refill-Converter/dp/B001DVXWRI/
or a pen which has one built in, but
since lamy lets you change tips I thought about going for one of those

People really use those. We were using those from first to ~fourth grade.

my comfiest pen

Attached: img_7530164509536317456-out.jpg (1024x768, 393K)

My favorite pen is a clear chink knockoff of a Lamy 2k

Platinum Preppy is the perfect fountain pen. It's only £2.50, made in Japan, there is nothing to improve. Fountain pens are a solved technology. Most expensive pens are a made in China, 99% profit fashion rip off.

If you're into fat and oblique nibs then maybe you might spend a little more.

Attached: platinum-preppy-02-set-ef-original-imaeq3zw64fdkbfw.jpg (1085x1408, 143K)

make whey

Attached: fallingforthepenmeme.jpg (1944x2592, 812K)

too much space between letters, user

I thought it was a carrot

is it a smooth writing experience or can you feel it scratching the paper along with that discernible scratching noise?

Fountain pens are more high-tech than they may appear. The feed mechanism for instance have to be carefully designed to work right, a good quality clone of a feed (China) that is a tiny bit off will be hard to start writing and then bleed.

and what do you guys think about glass dip pens?

Attached: 1454372486898[1].jpg (750x468, 73K)

Who /LAMY/ here?

Attached: 1508886083141.jpg (4656x2620, 3.62M)

Good entry level pen

best brand for everyday fountain pens, i've written all of my homework and notes since i was 14 with this bad boy
.good for its price and nice thin point but i find it a bit too rough, maybe i haven't worn it enough

Attached: photo5789570354451164823.jpg (1280x960, 142K)

based lamyposter

I think so.

Attached: IMG_20180527_221100.jpg (4048x3036, 2.18M)

I should clean it.

>using disposable ballpoints
For a board obsessed with shitty Thinkpads you lot sure are hypocrites when it comes to everything else. Unless I'm talking to a Macfag here

Attached: IMG_20180528_063748 - Copy.jpg (4608x3456, 1.72M)

>best brand for everyday fountain pens, i've written all of my homework and notes since i was 14 with this bad boy
jesus christ i bet you wore a pocket protector and a suit to school at 14 too

the issue is simple: they like setting up their computers as a hobby, but writing isn't their hobby, so they want something that just werks (tm)

not him, but what's a pocket protector?

It's a device that was invented to protect your shirt from the technological inferiority of fountain pens (they leak ink).

but fountain pens only leak if you're retarded

nah i just liked how smooth cursive was and since i went to an obnoxiously bourgeois school people didn't see it as too weird.

can you make a sample of your cursive handwriting user? I'd love to see it

Just get some Parker qwink and a fine lamy and you are good to go

I'll list some brands, can yo guys tell me if they're good or not, please?
>Sakura
>Tombow
>Chameleon
>Keramik
>Speedball
>Parker
>William Mitchel
>Waterman
>Sheaffer
>Dreaming Dogs
>Hero
>Kaweco
>Pelikan
>Tca
>Uni-Ball
these are the brands available in a specific website in my country

Fountain pens are for stupid hipsters who want to feel cool about their shitty handwriting like they're too good to use a regular old BIC