GTK has no file picker

>GTK has no file picker
So this is the better file picker by Qt huh?

>inb4 install kdialog
I tried pulling the entire KDE cinematic universe and it's still the same

Attached: 2018-04-16-225537_619x415_scrot.png (619x415, 44K)

Ok, retard.

Not even KDialog is that good, images are misaligned and is slow displayinh the thumbnails

best file picker is explorer.exe

>the entire KDE cinematic universe
kek

Attached: 1506278441976.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

Windows doesn't have this problem.

File browsers and generally GUI are a deprecated technology, regardless the DE we're taking into consideration here. Learn to use the terminal and you'll realize how powerful it is.

>kek
Your comment is useless, since the gif you have posted already shows your opinion and your reaction.

True. God bless telemetry!

Because Linux doesn't have telemetry, right?

Attached: 43.png (800x600, 23K)

>Debian
You're the one to blame here

I've had plenty of Qt applications open the fallback file picker instead of the windows one.

There's NSA code straight in the kernel, you shithead.

Why would you need Qt applications on Windows? Just use the market-leading industry-standard default applications we're all used to!

Worst file picker is in OSX. Just try to pick a file, I dare you.

These bugs are fixed.

You can't be this fucking stupid

Attached: le uchiha face.jpg (480x480, 49K)

>KDE cinematic universe
just watch the DC cinematic universe faggot, KDE sucks the moves aren't even good

>Anonymous
>States exactly what it collects and why
>Defaults to no
Hmm.

how long does it take you to move 4 images among 100?
it's 6 sec in GUI: see; ^click; ^C; ^V

The Qt filepicker DOES have thumbnails, but unfortunately, they only work for Qt applications as far as I'm aware (so, Qupzilla, for instance).

I think there is a way to get Kdialog to work outside of KDE, but I'm not sure what it is. Something about changing some environment variables to trick your system into thinking you're running KDE or something.

You're probably better off just running KDE. Or, you could consider trying out those unofficial GTK2/3 patches, although I'm not sure if they still work.

Attached: debianlxqt.png (1021x736, 117K)

I'm not using KDE so maybe that's why.
But I still run a few Qt programs (i.e. qutebrowser, etc) and they wont recognize kdialog for some reason

pic related: every superhero who died in KDE: Dependency War

Attached: 2018-05-28-092138_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 513K)

How the FUCK do I use kdialog with i3?
I have everything installed and I'm using a KDE patched waterfox

And here I was slandering Ubuntu for being a botnet, at least they don't attempt to come off as a freetard distro,unlike Debain.

Patch gtk3 instead.
That's what I did to have thumbnails

you stupid nigger it's a script with a cron job. not only is it opt out you can
1. make sure it doesn't install
2. literally audit the script

opt in*
how do I do this on debian

/thread and freetards btfo

This is not a Qt file dialog, see OP. What you have here is most likely lxqt dialog which looks similar to Qt one but has more features, including previews.

>6 seconds
It's way too long.

cp path/to/the/{file1,file2,file3,file4} path/to/destination

You don't even need to search for the files and view them and the whole operation takes even less time.

Why not just install Windows?

So you need to install about 100MB of libraries (the majority is probably redundant) in order to get a feature you want?
Is this really a problem?

Windows come with 40GB of irrelevant bullshit. So if you are a "just works" idiot then this is better.
If you want to have an optimal solution, you should fix it yourself.
If you make a "standalone KDE file picker" or something by removing dependencies you can cut down a lot of those.
A quick look of that list showed several items that had nothing to do with what you want.

Retard.

Why?

No, it's 100MB and the feature still isn't available

And they aren't "removable dependencies". I literally typed sudo pacman -S kdialog and it seems to pull every single package from the KDE suite

Why can't I open an image in kdialog? Why do I have to open the file manager, find the file again and then open it?

You need to use flatpak applications with the KDE portal and GTK applications will use the KDE file dialog instead. Yes this is fucking stupid. Blame the shitty GNOME devs. It's kind of ironic that a toolkit that started off life as an image editor can no longer preview images.

No, I'm not talking about GTK applications. I already patched them.
My problem is that a Qt program (which is qutebrowser, just like on my OP pic) doesn't have thumbnails. I am using i3wm so I wish I don't have to use KDE just to have thumbnails on Qt programs.

I think this is an Arch packaging problem (or a lack of qt development experience problem): the qplatform is responsible for stuff like the file picker, and you're using a non-kde one (possibly even a GTK one if such exists? QXCB?). Search your repo for qplatform or QPA, or for packages that provide something under a /qplatform/ subdirectory. I don't know what the package will be called for you.
You can override the qplatform used for any Qt app by an environment variable.

But in typical arch user fashion you have installed a half-working broken setup and then blamed upstream. Containment distro.

Just to follow that up - my recommendation is to log in to an actual KDE session. It will set environment variables for Qt to use KDE implementations instead of whatever fallback x11/xcb/gtk stuff you've got going on.

Try this in a terminal:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde
qutebrowser

I don't know what I'm doing since I can't find proper documentation on this, specially on a weird setup like mine.
And it's not arch but parabola for maximum freedumbs
Not working, I'll try installing Plasma like said

Note you can also do this in a config.py:

`os.environ['QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME'] = 'kde'`

> Linux
> Give you one single yes/no option for data collection
> Actually does what it says and turns off data collection if you say no

> Windows
> Gives you 50 different options for data collection, in random, hard to find places
> Half of them ignore your choice and collect data anyway, or don't give you the option to fully turn data collection off.
> Installing updates causes settings to "accidentally" revert

Ableton Live, the industry standard for music production, uses Qt

And how you know the images you're looking for are file1,file2,file3,file4 without thumbnails? And supposedly you're keeping everything tidy and you know (which you don't ofc b/c cameras take photos with fancy names such as DCM0212.RAW, where Jow Forums and rest of the internet is messy as well) how long does it take you type out their names as well as path and destination? Maybe tab complete makes it seem fast but you can time both operations and see you're just wasting your time. Terminal alone is useful in most cases but not always. GUI file managers are useful in every case.

>And how you know the images you're looking for are file1,file2,file3,file4 without thumbnails?
File renaming is a feature
>And supposedly you're keeping everything tidy and you know (which you don't ofc b/c cameras take photos with fancy names such as DCM0212.RAW, where Jow Forums and rest of the internet is messy as well)
Same as above
>how long does it take you type out their names as well as path and destination?
Few seconds, because I only need to use my keyboard. How long does it take you to move your mouse/touchpad to the desired folder, check for the images you need, see if thumbnails match your expectations, click on the file icon and do whatever you want?
>Terminal alone is useful in most cases but not always. GUI file managers are useful in every case.
It's the other way round, imo.