X86 successor

Why not move to a superior cpu architecture than x86_64, like MIPS or POWER?

If people are worried about compatibility, can't we just stick a cheap Intel atom alongside the processor to flawless emulation? Like how the GBA could do GB games?

Why stick to something as outdated and bitter as x86 when Intel itself has tried to abort it twice already since its conception?

Attached: Screenshot_20180527_at_11.41.37_AM.png (1172x1146, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soh5uF2oS6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

muh games and muh proprietary CPU intensive shitware

If she did some leg and ass exercise she'd be so fucking hot
X86 will die once smartphones tech gets closer to traditional PC's from a raw power perspective

El abominacion...

kek landwhale

So.. never.

Attached: vomitando-areia-500x370.jpg (500x370, 40K)

>reddit spacing
>posting landwhales
>not renaming his files and keeping "screenshot"
>complaining about x86

Attached: back2plebbit.jpg (717x880, 229K)

>reddit spacing
>using paragraphs like a sane human being.
Nobody wants to read posts like this

When they look better this way. Kill you're self.

People don't want to think. Actually, the world has basically switched to ARM. The only consumer products still using x86 are made for gaymers, and they need it because game devs are too used to x86
t. low test

I don't see you anytime soon editing 4k 60fps raw video on your shit ARM device, fag.

tfw no gf

Attached: rippepe.png (285x276, 54K)

Do you not?

Attached: S80528-025921.jpg (1440x2560, 335K)

simple.
youtube.com/watch?v=soh5uF2oS6o
it's actually harder to edit that because it has to decode the compressed video

>crop
>filters
>themes
Oh yeah. Windows Movie Maker is more capable that your shit. kid.

Probably because all software is made to run on x86 or x64 and of they make a new one like x128 the software companies will have to redesingn from the ground up, which costs money

I fail to see how that's relevant

You're not going to get done any profesional job with that.

I can do trimming with a hex editor. That's not called editing.

POWER CPUs can easily edit 4k 60fps raw video.

Ahem

Attached: cropped acreenshot.jpg (1384x1336, 582K)

they're just resistant to change. but it's inevitable, the same way how they finally switched from powerpc to x86

Then how come noone is ditching the Intel Extreme platform and going full iPad?
You could eat soup with a fork if you try enough, but you still would not do it.

Or maybe just noone want a slow and limited machine with a crippled OS on it. Unless you are this retard:

You're claiming trimming, applying themes, and adding filters to a video is not editing it in any way whatsoever.

If you also count renaming a file editing, then you could call trimming also editing.

>a superior cpu architecture than x86_64, like MIPS or POWER?
Nice claim maybe you should try to back it up instead of just talking out of your ass bro?

In the last 10 years, ARM chips in smartphones and tablets have gone from 250MHz or so to around 2.5GHz. That's a pretty massive jump. The newest Qualcomm chips have a slightly higher clock speed and a far better GPU than my 2012 mid range Intel laptop. Also keep in mind that those chips are twice as power efficient and totally fanless.

You could stick like 2 of those SD 845 SoCs in a laptop with an AMD GPU and toss ARM Linux on there, and have a pretty kickass product for day to day tasks with all day battery life.

Not that I expect an ARMnigger to understand, but frequency is not everything that matters, you know?

>Landwhale
>Only slightly chubby

You don't know what a real woman is

Attached: Capture+_2018-04-26-13-06-34.png (330x470, 195K)

I'd have sex with her, but I wouldn't admit it to anyone else

>amerilards no longer consider this fat and are even attracted to it

MOAR CORES

Attached: 1516421452849.jpg (640x800, 151K)

That's obese. A real medical condition, if you ask me.

Oh it's fat, but shes far from landwhale

t. armchair Jow Forums chan

>slightly
She's obese, you fat fuck

Not saying I wouldn't, but you're obviously in some flyover state full of landwhales

*armchair Jow Forums virgin chad

Yeah, it's closer to two landwhales.

>tfw no gf
with op's pic related, it's better w/o a gf... to bad for your cholesterol.

How far apart were these pics taken? Same day? Half a year? She looks just thicc in the first pic but fat in the 2nd.

t. crying permavirgin

RISC V
I
S
C

V

Attached: 1523870523492.png (645x729, 105K)

I'm 1.5 month into nofap and i would have sex with her in a hearthbit if she asks.
Don't fall for the nofap meme, it either turn you gay or lower you standards.

Are there really people who haven't heard of the "fat girl angle"

>lower your standards
get them to where they actually should be*

arm needs to get rid of the proprietary booting process and drivers tho. it wont be a replacement for x86 before that.

I will be supporting RISC-V as soon as there's something I can personally make use of. Dev kit is probably useless for me currently, although I wish I could contribute something.

This was that bitch who went from fit to fat in the name of body positivity.

why would anyone ever do that.. being fat is really uncomfortable

progress is never comfortable

disgusting fatty

Attached: 1477375470267.jpg (575x767, 133K)

>imagine trashing your body for literally nothing
Survival of the fittest, boys

Face is anyway, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Are you really that much of a nigger? What's the point of a 2.5 GHz ARM cpu when it has nowhere near the performance of a 2.5 GHz Intel/AMD CPU? You really think they are comparable in performance because the clock speed is the same? If that was the case my 4.6 GHz Pentium 4 would be raping most new CPUs.

Attached: 1527334492445.png (1204x882, 1.4M)

No because new CPUs are multicore, even an i3 with 2.3GHz cores would match your P4 as the i3 is 4.6GHz

I know this is probably bait.. but..

REEEEEEEEEEE

>game devs are too used to x86
No. The overwhelming majority of game developers never have any direct contact with anything resembling an instruction set. The problem is that game developers are too used to Windows and it's system/graphics APIs and most Windows devices are still x86 so that's what games are compiled for. Additionally, even if your game is independent of Windows (OpenGL + OpenAL + Boost for example) there isn't really anywhere to take it in the ARM space, Steam doesn't run on ARM, ARM Windows devices are weak and rare, the Play Store and App Store are well known for being very hard to make a living out of and rife with piracy.