Why does Jow Forums hate C++?

Why does Jow Forums hate C++?
OOP is the way to go.

Attached: 140px-ISO_C++_Logo.svg.png (140x157, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dlang.org/spec/cpp_interface.html
youtube.com/watch?t=8m39s&v=s-hdZZzMCac
yegor256.com/2016/09/20/oop-without-classes.html
hackernoon.com/i-finally-understand-static-vs-dynamic-typing-and-you-will-too-ad0c2bd0acc7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jow Forums is mostly retarded kids just doing what they think is cool with having a very good understanding

>C++
>OOP
Yeah right

What OOP features are you missing in C++?

Nice post I think you forgot to include any real logical argument though

/g doesn't understand memory management.

dlang.org/spec/cpp_interface.html

>Anecdotal evidence suggests that writing [a functional C++ compiler front end] is a minimum of a 10 man-year project

i've written quite a bit of c++ myself, and i would even say i like it sometimes, but the language itself is quite bloated

because all "vidya game devs" wanna go edgy

How can a language we bloated? Who really cares how hard it is to make a compiler for it, there are other people making great compilers.

Most games and game engines are written in C++. Anyone doing anything useful in that industry is using C++

interfaces

>why is it a bad thing for a language to be bloated
because everyone that writes it develops different ways of doing things and it gets annoying as fuck trying to read their code.

Define formally pls

Abstract classes work exactly like interfaces.

that doesn't make much sense. ther are practices people follow. most of the different features, or so called "bloat", are just optimizations for the compiler.

>2018
>not using Erlang

>ther are practices people follow.
You're half right. There are best practices for C++, but people don't follow them.

Because Jow Forums is special. And not in the usual sense of the word, but in the "special needs" sense.

Attached: 1525890627004.png (767x750, 189K)

this.

I don't have a huge issue with OOP. It's the kitchen sink approach of C++ that makes it a horrible language to work with.

then the people that don't are retarded and you shouldn't work together with them.

There are languages which support OOP and are easier on the eyes. Like Object Pascal.

C++ is not OOP, you fucking moron.
Stroustrup never meant for it to be object-oriented.
Listen to youtube.com/watch?t=8m39s&v=s-hdZZzMCac starting at 8:39.

>hitler didn't lose ww2 because he never meant to lose it

>you can make a language be OOP by mere accident when you don't want it to be OOP
Imagine believing something this retarded.

There's nothing wrong with vi. It's good to know, because it is available on any unix or unix-like system by default. You don't always need a full-featured IDE to edit text files.

he initially didn't want it to be OOP, but it turned out that OOP became the standard. It's officially called an object oriented programing language.

Cool, where're its message-passing capabilities then?

If it isn't OOP, why does it have classes, methods and inheritance?

NO

Because those aren't OOP features?

Circular dependency hell.

what are they then?

but emacs is good

Because object orientation is a useful paradigm for a small number of applications mistakenly used for literally everything. Like, it makes sense to think of some things as objects, typically things you can imagine interacting with, like a person, or a data structure. But this becomes less intuitive when you need to think about abstract concepts as tangible objects. This leads to your abstractProxyBeanFactoryExceptionThrowers.

Another problem with OO is it's designed to hide details from you. This becomes a pain when you need to debug something and an even bigger pain when it comes to concurrency. People are in this habit that its a good idea to hide mutexes and locks from the user when this invariably leads to deadlocks.

said or always based contrarian poster in yet another post with a shitty starter pack pic as a response to a bait thread.

Attached: dailydose.jpg (259x194, 5K)

I hate header files

>OOP is the way to go.
class-based OO is dying because it only works well for static data (ie data that doesnt change like the data in a game engine). We live now in a world that is web based and needs dynamically generated data. So class-based OO is dying and we have nothing but a bunch of neckbeard shills on Jow Forums who think its good

how does class based OO not work for dynamic data? wtf

Good parts of C++:
>namespaces
>anonymous nested structs
>references
>template metaprogramming

Bad parts of C++:
>classes
>streaming operators
>template metaprogramming

Inheritance is procedural. Classes are declarative. Methods are procedural.
OOP is about objects. Message-passing, encapsulating, polymorphic objects.

No one who defends OOP unironically on Jow Forums defends class-based shit.
yegor256.com/2016/09/20/oop-without-classes.html

>huuur why dont statically typed classes work for dynamic types that cant be predicted at compile time, like wtf, I totally dont get it

the first thing to consider is C++'s mantra: "trust the programmer", which bottom line means it can be used in a lot of retarded ways and has been used and abused by people over and over and it's a rather complex language that requires a lot of time to master. the road to good c++ is paved with tons of bad c++. you can find a million reasons online on why C++ is "bad" but its grounded in the same "but it lets you do so much dumb shit why!!!"

that being said, it's definitively a broadly used, well-supported and absurdly powerful language(google "C++ template metaprogramming" for a brain twister) and it's especially common in game development (Unreal Engine was made in C++ and is what you use to code games with it), besides it's supported by powerful libraries and frameworks like Boost, Qt and SFML.

code is always statically typed
what the fuck are you talking about

hackernoon.com/i-finally-understand-static-vs-dynamic-typing-and-you-will-too-ad0c2bd0acc7

try doing your homework next time desu

you can do that in c++

pretty much the point of methods tard ass. come back with whatever clever ass bullshit but really, it would just be arguing what abstraction you think qualifies as object oriented.

C++ has objects and is oriented towards them but also is flexible enough to punt whatever dumbass fp or other meme abstraction you want as well.

deal with it.

>Why does Jow Forums hate C++?
Because they don't know it (see comments above) or are scared of it which seems to be common with newer people starting out with python/javascript. They just don't want to admit it.

>reddit spacing
>"pretty much the point of methods"
Wow, you've just shown everyone you don't understand what message-passing is. You probably haven't the slightest idea of what a VMT is and you've never done any actual dynamic programming in your life. Sad and pathetic.

>you've never done any actual dynamic programming in your life.

probably because it's a fucking meme kid. now explain how passing parameters into a object via a method is not literally passing message instead of speaking in arxiv tier memes.

OOP more like POO