I want to learn hacking, not sure where to start

Hello,
I have been working in IT for 10 years as a network administrator.
My coding experience has mostly just been script kitty bs.
I would like to learn hacking but I am not even sure where to start.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Attached: NEW ROSE ICON.jpg (184x184, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
vulnhub.com/
hackthebox.eu/
kali.org/
metasploit.com/
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media
danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf
leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP is a complete faggot
>muh help me hack fb
t. Newfag

I mean your not wrong.

But don't shitpost there, we don't like that. Also search through the links in the OP before asking.

cd /usr/src/linux
sudo make menuconfig
Kernel Hacking -->

DON'T do this OP!

Hi Gentoo.

Not doing that code xD.
I am not retarded.
And im not asking how to break security or anything. just where to start to learn. and thanks ill chekc out some of the other posts on here.

You don't "learn hacking". It's a mindset more than anything, being able take your learned skills in tech and using them to exploit flaws. Anyone can learn to use Kali skid tools.

Attached: 1520374561800.png (769x595, 262K)

Thats compleatly fair. I am not looking for tools or anything. So maybe what I should be asking is what base set of knowledge should I be looking at? Coding? if so what language should i start with? Thanks for all the help guys!!

>I have been working in IT for 10 years as a network administrator.
>I would like to learn hacking but I am not even sure where to start.
Sounds like bullshit, but in the small chance you do have that job you're probably just mad at your company so you want to be a complete faggot and mess something up.

How about staying in ?

Python/PHP/JavaScript

script kitty cute!
miau! x3

Attached: 67b.png (1120x800, 1.4M)

Thank you for the languages to work on :D

And I think its pretty obvious I'm not looking for to do something to a company I was mad at. Since I am not asking for tools. I am attempting to start to learn the general concept. If i wanted to flame a company I work at, first of all i have network admin rights anyways, secondly I would just use pre-made tools.

Fuck the other guy, learn Perl if you dont want your brain to become idiotic. HTML and Bash are two other things you need.

>10 years as sysadmin
>don't know a single thing about vulnerabilities
even just being admin would make you learn a thing or two about security, which is pretty much "hacking". you're not sysadmin, you're twelve years old and you should fuck off

Attached: 1526030380751.jpg (640x360, 92K)

Got IRC?

Sigh.. I said I am a network admin. not a sys admin. theres a huge fucking difference. I spend most of my days fixing minor issues and makeing sure that hospital computers / network just keep running.

No, should I jump on the IRC?

I'd recommend getting it. It protects from eavesdropping

If you can figure it out, let me know. Drop a irc you can find and i'll jump in as soon as I see the post.
I'll keep it up for an hour or so. If you can do this, i'll give you a few resources to start your journey

Thank you very much!! ill do that right now! I appreciate it.

WHERS MY (You)'S U INGR8 DIS AINT NO CHATROOM >:^(

Attached: 1513593820507.jpg (530x530, 51K)

#twil

Back and in a rizon #twil, can't find any other twil

I have this pasta saved from the hacking threads.

Resources:

VM/CTFs:
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
>easy beginner bullshit

vulnhub.com/
>prebroken images to work on.

hackthebox.eu/
>super secret club

Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

Resources:

>web app hackers handbook.
Thanks IBM!

ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media

>OSCP videos

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7&dn=CERTCOLLECTION+-+BASELINE+-+SANS+%26+Offensive-Security&tr=udp%3A//tracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A//public.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//explodie.org%3A6969

>Advanced Penetration Testing

danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf

>learn assembly and C

leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf

Not op but thanks.