Why the fuck do you use apple?

Can someone explain to me why you use apple products?
I'll admit when Steve Jobs was alive he innovated amazing products, now that he's dead the company makes garbage and blames you for their bad engineering.

But as a computer person, why would you want a company that doesn't let you freely play with the hardware and software?
Why would you want to pay overpriced amounts for old ass hardware?
Why would you allow a company to force you to buy new stuff just because of a software update?
Why do you pay for them to control you so much?
Why buy apple?

>History of unix and linux
youtu.be/jowCUo_UGts

>Why Apple is trash
youtu.be/ipY9Z2XYC8M
youtu.be/sfrYOWlKJ_g
youtu.be/DB6UWGeNePk

>Apple cringe
youtu.be/0o8BjH2YlOQ

> a Jow Forums oldfag's think-pad shopping guide
youtu.be/La3sb5y7e-k

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-yUqmow3pmNwNTYsz.jpg (2045x887, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3XAW3vv1_18
youtu.be/qXkB7AVze0Y
youtu.be/foPZYFAQNLY
theverge.com/2015/12/13/10029498/apple-final-cut-pro-x-assistant-editor-job-adobe-premiere-avid
youtube.com/watch?v=TrWQup6-La8
youtu.be/vwFz3EThGMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And yes, I use Windows
I'm not a Stallman who only insist on gnu/linux

Attached: Muh freedom.jpg (550x496, 65K)

Some people just get aroused by being a cuckold. It's a pretty big fetish apparently.

Yeah
That's what it feels like
I just hate to see them voluntarily suffering while glorifying it as a superior experience

That ThinkPad may have been acceptable in 1999, but now it looks like a fat plastic turd. Sorry not sorry.

You do realize that apple is selling you the same hardware in a thin bendable aluminum sheet right?

>But as a computer person, why would you want a company that doesn't let you freely play with the hardware and software?
except they do

useraccessible removable ram and drives are allowed to be fiddled with without voiding a warranty on all devices

>Why would you want to pay overpriced amounts for old ass hardware?

the only valid complaint

>Why would you allow a company to force you to buy new stuff just because of a software update?

Apple’s fragmentation is far less than Google or Microsoft's fragmentation, and they offer support and software updates for many years after. Android still struggles with this.

>why do you pay for them to control you so much?

Control? What control?

the only controlling thing Apple has done in recent years is release Metal instead of supporting OpenGL 4+

maybe the headphone jack and notch...

All other software companies exercise equal or greater amounts of control, just in different ways.

>Why buy apple?

stop trying to judge others’ decisions based on false generalizations and false information

I'm not judging
My little sister own apple, but she only bought it as a status symbol
I just hate the trend that new means "It has to be this way"

And I don't get why it's such a popular option

Apple
Don't think about it

>useraccessible removable ram and drives are allowed to be fiddled with without voiding a warranty on all devices
So I can't upgrade my own laptop?

>Apple’s fragmentation is far less than Google or Microsoft's fragmentation, and they offer support and software updates for many years after. Android still struggles with this.
Fair point
But they still do this with the iPhone

>Control? What control?
Dude, c'mon
apple has you use their version of whatever software
One guy I met didn't know that drop box and one drive are a thing

iOS is better than Windows, and some of us pros need serious apps, not this "just use Corel" shit.

Using "Grade B" in an "Unlimited Class" arena will get you killed.

Apple renders fast, doesn't crash, and doesn't have those completely retarded, required, system screwing incessant updates.

I'm a pro, I can't be havin' that.

step away from the Jow Forums memebanter and it gets serious.

Attached: 1516190190277.jpg (1366x768, 160K)

>iOS is better than Windows
Steam
Most software
Free downloads

>Apple renders fast, doesn't crash, and doesn't have those completely retarded, required, system screwing incessant updates.
youtu.be/3XAW3vv1_18
Linux

I use linux
I am made for Jow Forums newfag

Attached: gentoo to pentoo.png (1284x877, 73K)

>Using "Grade B" in an "Unlimited Class" arena will get you killed.
I have no clue what you're saying

Apple laptops are just regular laptops(albeit with the shittiest thermal solution imaginable). No excuse to get an iphone though.

>Apple laptops are just regular laptops
Ugh....
What?

You can install windows or linux on them, no problem. Even chromebooks are more locked down.

because it works

no, really. micro$oft has messed up windows updates severely on its already adware-infested botnet OS. makes you wonder how the company has even a shred of credibility left.

linux desktop environments are a mess in general and their graphics drivers have always sucked.

Oh
Okay, it just wasn't very well explained

Why do you hate iPhone?

Locked bootloader.

You can't complain about a botnet when you have a bios backdoor

>linux desktop environments are a mess in general and their graphics drivers have always sucked.
K
youtu.be/qXkB7AVze0Y

Attached: index.jpg (183x276, 8K)

Yeah
Why the fuck do I need my phone to spy one me?

I got a 2016 MacBook Pro non-touchbar after being a longtime hater. Windows laptops, even an XPS and Surface Book, feel clunky and cheap compared to my MBP. It's solid and always fast, I never wait for shit to load and I've only ever heard the fans come on once.
Luckily, I bought mine used on Craigslist for a bet after returning my 2017 because I needed more storage. I paid $1150 for a Space Grey 13" i5, 16gb, 512gb. My 2017 was $1700 for the same but 256gb, admittedly making my purchase more reasonable.
There was some learning curve at the beginning, but macOS unironically just werks, I haven't bothered booting up Windows on it in months. Windows and Linux are good for my desktop, but macOS makes me much more productive than I thought it would.

Huh
Some one who has real experience and can actually testify for something and isn't biased to one think with a cult like mindset

I like you guy

>but macOS unironically just werks
Create a file in Finder.

youtu.be/foPZYFAQNLY

Apple
We were good once

>tfw selling fully specced out Quad-core Elitebooks with MacOS installed for less than the equivalent Macbook

It feels like I'm doing them a favor.

Attached: 1260477004713.jpg (394x458, 25K)

Because I need a stable unix-like system that doesn't just randomly break right when I need to fix a critical bug in production or hold a talk / presentation

Wow
I tihnk even I would buy that

Install gentoo -_-

Honestly, the oversized trackpad is what pushed me to decide on it. My 2013 Toshiba Satellite had a shit trackpad, the fans came on all the time, and I never used the touchscreen unless the trackpad/mouse froze.

Of all the stupid arguments I read on this board, that one is one of the most petty.
I only used New in Windows to create new folders, macOS has New Folder at the top of the list when right clicking, making my workflow that much easier.

>who needs that!
Every time.

Attached: 2015_Final_Cut_Pro_Logo.png (220x220, 43K)

>something so shit not even apple wants to use it
theverge.com/2015/12/13/10029498/apple-final-cut-pro-x-assistant-editor-job-adobe-premiere-avid

Yeah mac's are good for editiing

Attached: I can do that too nigga.jpg (304x166, 11K)

>conflating how a company designs their product with how I do my work
Every time.

I use openSUSE on a 2012 with an i5 and 16GB ram. Pre-throttling, dvd drive and full ports, god-tier trackpad. Fucking fantastic setup.

I'm not going to subscribe to that awful Creative Cloud bullshit that Adobe is trying to shove down my throat for Premiere Pro

Instead of randomly posting youtube videos, why don't you try explaining things. Give us an idea that you actually understand what you're talking about.

Why do I keep hearing that?
It's a fucking petty way of saying "you have no point"
Jesus
I post a video so people don't do the retarded political thing and nit pic a argument rather than actually arguing it

It's a video on a OS called SemiCode
It's a Linux distro made for writing software

So many excuses, so little created files.

mac is better than windows
ans yes i use windows, at work, cuz i have to

Loonix, which is "free", can't get more than 3% of the desktop.
Apple, which isn't "free" has almost 10%.
The market has spoken. All your bitching and trash-talking about Apple is preaching to the chior.
Until you guys get your act together, stop being pussy-whipped by theocrats with their weird obsessions, and make Loonix something normies can use you'll be forever whining.
Technical superiority is like technical virginity; it doesn't count in the real world.

Mac is just better because mac is better
MAKE A ARGUMENT!!!

I'm on Linux as a browsing OS
I also love to play in the terminal

And yeah windows has the PC market
But the internet runs on linux

some doctors might accidentally kill one patient so they may as well purposely kill all patients

What?

unix based

>No VMware
>No Adobe Suite
>No IDE
>Nothing but shit Microsoft programs are listed

FUCK, I'M BTFO

Linux is unix clone
Your point is?

some soldiers inevitably will accidentally kill a civilian so they may as well target civilians purposely

linux is better than mac. mac is better than windows

you fucking nigger stop ruining the market

Quit being autistic and explain

It's a free market till I hate it

Because it just works.
>inb4 some nitpick shit

ebay isn't a free market. Stop.
You're just as bad as thinknigger sellers shilling their shit and bumping prices up on 10 year old laptops.

You don't know the definition of free market
AND APPLE DOES THE SAME SHIT!!!

linux is better than mac because it is foss. mac is better than windows because its unix

ebay is regulated as fuck you retard.
Apple isn't selling 5 year old, cum covered laptops with hacked together OS's either.
I tried hackintosh on my memebook and not only is it buggy shit, you literally need an external mouse because both the trackpad and trackpoint are complete shit.

it's unix in name only

the display on my macbook pro 13 inch is wonderful for reading my medical school books

because that is really all that i was looking for. the best display for reading and the least ammount of eyestrain, but something that could be used for more than what a tablet could

Finally
I autistically thank you

I sold my macbook air because it couldn't run a proper version of okular, which I personally need for my med school texts.
you couldn't even do basic shit in shitOS like scrolling with hjkl

I would argue
But holy fuck is this funny
You are on my do not shit with list

I assume its because it just works.

>macshit
>work
Pick one.

no, scrolling was better and the display is good. Only the dell xps has a better display in my opinion, but the trackpad scrolling isnt as good.

It's just a way of saying "You have no idea what you're talking about."

If you hear it all the time, maybe it's true...

Maybe i'm just on a website with a bunch of neckbeard shit heads who are more assinine that IT guys and assume their opinion is automatically fact

Attached: gnu slash .png (1920x1080, 584K)

I don't own macbook or iPhone but I install hackintosh because it is far easier than other distros having both GUI apps and CLI apps
Windows = steam picture mode nothing else for me

Clearly it does for the vast, vast majority of people.
Stop shitposting.

Go to any mall and find the place with the longest lines. It's always the applel cuck store with 500 people lined up at all hours to get their malfunctioning appleshit fixed. All this while only having 2% and 10% marketshare in desktop/mobile markets. Appleshit is barely functional garbage on a good day and completely broken trash on a typical day.
Stop shilling.

>I'll admit when Steve Jobs was alive he innovated amazing products

No one has ever said this on this board at any point in Steve's life.

Is that good or bad?

Windows is the best all-round OS at this point. Apple is niche luxury, Linux is for servers and hobbyists.

And yet Apple has no viable used grade path for laptops or desktops they sold 5 years ago.

I'm tempted to get a mac book pro. I like linux but I'd like the compatibility of microsoft word, photoshop and scrivener.

Sadly yes
Ubuntu is semi-decent

ITT i saw rossman's video so i must be woke

Dude
Ubuntu

>Finder, iTunes, App Store, Quicktime
lol ohnonono

>rossman
No, I just don't buy into shit advertising

Its bad, I've been hearing it a lot since Tim became CEO and it just proves that Apple haters will even contradict themselves to try and bash Apple. I've been on this board for over 10 years and for the past 2, without fail, every time Steve Jobs has been mentioned its been in a positive light. I do not fucking understand. This coming from an Applefag too.

Also, this is very relevant to this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrWQup6-La8

I mean I'm using manjaro right now full time and I'm getting my emacs set up is slowly replacing word and scrivener but I would like photoshop and lightroom.

First I wanna hear your thoughts on Steve Jobs
This is intresting

Gimp?

I'm so glad that GIMP exists but for more advanced shit (like hair selection) GIMP doesn't cut it. Crossover/Wine involves some fuckery so straight up support would be nice.

They're stable and just work.

Windows users have to deal with a randomly self destructing system. HDDs don't even fucking work in Windows 10 anymore. Microsoft is a massive fuckup.

My trackpad on my gaming laptop just stopped working
I can't afford a mac

This is why I love linux
Free
It works

Funnily, I think he and Richard Stallman are very similar. They're both stubborn as fuck real visionaries who in the end, were totally right. They're also the biggest hindrances to their own greatness. Richard Stallman is ruining the FOSS movement with his extreme autism and very bad image as well as zero business sense (make something amazing and sell it, make it FOSS and promote it's benefits, force others to follow) and Steve Jobs crippled Apple with his OCD and phobia of spinning fans. Took him like 2 years to agree to iPhone having native, local installed applications as he was convinced 'web apps' were the proper way. He's squandered a lot of potentially good ideas but of course, he was the captain, he made the whole movement and started the whole thing. He was just often stubborn on good ideas being implemented.

Overall my general idea is that he took Apple far enough, if he stayed any longer as CEO he would have fucked things up. Besides, he's left at least 20-30 years of roadmap paths for the company, his whole DNA remains in that company and they're still basically operating in the same way. Proof being their day to day decision making and operations remain identical. Every time I hear 'steev wudnt have approved this!' bullshit it pisses me off. Apple are still operating well within Jobs' vision. At most they're deviating by being involved with things he wasn't very enthusiastic about at the time but probably would have came around to later, like the Watch, which Jony Ive said recently that Steve had little interest in the idea of a watch.

yeah losing swiping is sad, but muh tiling is more efficient anyway and not moving from the home row is comfy

I like the OS, and I can write iOS and macOS apps with it for $.

But metal is actually better than OpenGL

Ironically this is what was so good about him
Similar to Stanley Kubrik
Horrible to work with, gets amazing results when the work is done

No, I'm pretty sure it's because you're a retard

No
I'm on linux
I'm autistic

Hence why I post videos rather than trying to talk

I don't anymore.

Attached: IMG_20180527_184951.jpg (1024x768, 439K)

Homo or not
This is how I feel
youtu.be/vwFz3EThGMU

I use OS X for a UNIX OS with commercial application support. I use my iMac so I don't have to deal with hackintoshing. My desktop's basically a thin client anyway so having an AIO means more space for my HTPC and servers.