/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot of tutorials on youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=YySa723VD2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost 2 offsets to overclock Ryzen 2000X series!
>Delid i5/i7 -K series

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen is unlocked)
>Only Z-series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Heavy usage/mutitasking
>32GB+ - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or RX 570/580; currently overpriced
>GTX 1070/Vega 56 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega 56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p
>GTX 1080Ti

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better price/GB) instead of small SSD & large HDD.
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>2K is not 1440p
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: ParJh9q.jpg (3840x2400, 899K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8iaUjU-2Jmc
pcpartpicker.com/list/BDBWtg
pcpartpicker.com/list/bcJGP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/wC24MZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/mpG6D2
pcpartpicker.com/list/v9J28Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/XQPL9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/mw2YNQ
pcgamer.com/nvidias-telemetry-monitor-is-not-spying-on-you/
betanews.com/2017/06/20/protect-your-privacy-with-disable-nvidia-telemetry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it worth it getting the "X" sku CPUs from AMD? It doesn't look like the 2600 has their XFR stuff, but the 2600X does. Is XFR superior to manual OC, or is it just easier since it is automatic?

IIRC the X CPUs tend to be more flexible with memory that isn't on QVL

PB OC is better than standard all-core OC for most situations
Perhaps the SoC gets better bins but that's usually only going to matter if you're trying to push something more crazy than 3200 CL16

Attached: __bridget_guilty_gear_drawn_by_oro_sumakaita__4afda091c1bc96be9e789058db7c9776.png (664x800, 415K)

A bit of continuation from the last thread but is the rx vega 56 red devil good? Mainly because it's cheaper than the msi one and has better reviews than the one from gigabyte from newegg

youtu.be/8iaUjU-2Jmc

Here's what you need to know about vega from the AMD spokesman himself.

And when reading that, it's important to note that Vega56 gains more from overclocking than any Nvidia card. Albeit at the expensive of an extra power usage. But it's not as high as you'd think because for gaming you can undervolt Vega significantly: ~180-225watts for Vega56 vs ~180 for 1070Ti.

So Vega56 completely dominates the 1070Ti in newer titles, especially so overclocked to the point that it often matches/beats the 1080, and it winds up being cheaper without the extra Gsync cost.
It's a clear winner with current US prices.

>Name a CPU within $50 of the 8600K that offers the same or better single-thread performance. Hint: the 8400 isn't even close, nor is anything made by AMD.
Oh you had some weird special snowflake program you mentioned even though you a clearly making this for gaming instead and using that as an excuse
"I need that 10% more single threaded performance" is a total meme. Speeding something up by 10% isn't going to make a noticeable difference in anything. Speeding something up by 50% in multithreaded makes a difference.
Your special snowflake program you say needs maximum single thread performance is only going to be performing 10% better than it would with an 8400.
>Name a GPU within $50 of the 1060 that matches its performance. Hint: The RX 570 isn't even close at 1080p, and its MSRP is $40 higher.
Mmm what?
3gb 1060 is so bad that many reviewers like computerbase.de and gamersnexus have simply stopped testing it due to the outlier results it makes like in RE7 and many other games.

>is having insulating foam covering my A/C/heat vents a big deal
This is what you're asking.

Yes X CPUs are the definitive buy this time due to (minor) BCLK overclocking working now with XFR2/PB2 and being better performance and lower power consumption in day to day usage and gaming than the standard old way of overclocking.
Like mentioned, X CPUs tend to have a much better time w/ fast memory.

Attached: firefox_2018-05-27_21-44-08.jpg (1347x1114, 375K)

Hello woodscrews, e/lit/ist here. I haven't been in g in years. What is the latest ddr ram they use now? Ddr7 ddr8? Do they even still use ddr ram?

Also has there been any advances in hdd back up/image? Can I make an image of a 80gbhdd and place it in a 120gb hd?

Thanks, and may you avoid fermi fires.

user, I don't know what I am supposed to get from that video

pcpartpicker.com/list/BDBWtg buying this overtime this year. I just got the case and psu. GPU is flexible if they release something decent priced for 1080p gaming. Any suggestions?

It was seemingly bad and disappointing on launch, but with AIB Vega56 cards overclocked and undervolting matching 1080 overclocked performance in 2017+ games on the newer drivers... uhh well that's a different story now.
It's what I said earlier
>Hating Vega is a meme fueled by retards.
>People are mad it wasn't 1080Ti performance for half the price and that it didn't use less power than a 1050Ti.
It wasn't totally overblown on launch, but the price/performance of Vega56 is actually the absolute best in the US. It's ~80% higher performance than a $315 1060 6gb for ~60% more money.
Unless you can get a RX570 4GB for like $200, that is, then that changes.

It's not bad. Like apparently the XFX model is pretty bad.
Seems equal with the Strix, and cheaper.
You may need to apply better thermal paste like CP7, NT-H1, or Thermal Grissly because PC has been having meh paste problems but otherwise they're decent quality on their higher end models.
Even the Red Dragon Vega56 seems to be pretty good, and has a nano pcb which is great for water blocking it.

Best are the Sapphire Nitro+, especially the limited edition. But people want more for the Vega56 Nitro+ Limited than Vega64 costs...

DDR4.
DDR5 won't be in wide adoption until 2021-2022.

>Can I make an image of a 80gbhdd and place it in a 120gb hd?
If the image has an OS on it that you want to boot from, IIRC you can run into issues where Windows won't recognize you having admin rights to it. I'm not good at that so many someone else can answer better, but I do know there is software to get access to it.

DDR4 with DDR5 being almost fully developed so we should see it within the next few years, and potentially something with HBM (near-memory) from AMD
GDDR5/GDDR5X and HBM2 are commonly used for video cards
I would suggest a 580 so you can use FreeSync
Also, why a 2700X when you have an extreme GPU/monitor bottleneck?

You take from it that you avoid that garbage. Not a single reviewer will recommend Vega and none has including adoredtv who is basically the AMD spokesman of YouTube. I'm telling you now I'm as let down as that guy. I had a 390 8gb before this and once I saw that video I just got a 1070 For $320. I'd recommend just waiting literally 30 days because the new Nvidia gpu will be dropping in July and will basically provide 1080 ti performance for around current 1070 prices.

Just because I'd like to stream

Jow Forumsuys what is the best hdd brand?

Western Digital is a solid choice

That's fair, but you could also use a 2700
I generally advise against buying products based off of brand, especially when HDDs have a wide range of failure
Hitachi and Toshiba are likely the safest choices, just don't blame me if you pick a bad model

Attached: __shimakaze_kantai_collection_drawn_by_inari_inariya__7341c43b52d8cb188c7f1ab6349e41fd.jpg (1766x1702, 474K)

Yeah, this is why I hate these threads sometimes, mainly because everyone has conflicting views on a video card and all these Nvidia and AMD fanboys just outright hating the other company. I'm just going to get a red devil rx56 so I don't waste my time here and because it supports free-sync. End of story

HGST

Get a better SSD and monitor
Drop to 2600X unless you know you need the extra cores
Get cheaper memory

DDR4
Migrate, don't make an image

Does the 2700x work with 32gb (2x16) of RAM at the same speed than 16gb (2x8)?

If Ryzen still has problems with that I would pick the 8700k.

Not supporting vega is completely logical. Here goes another gen where AMD has been a complete let down compared to Nvidia. There's a reason why Raja fucked off and most of them suggest he wasn't getting enough support. Seriously, who will defend using like 250w more than a 1080 ti for 30% less performance? This is inexcusable and only the hardest core fanboys defend that nonsense. There isn't a reason at all for anyone to opt for AMD over Nvidia nowadays especially since AMD is overpriced everywhere so even miners were buying up the cheaper Nvidia gpu like the 1070s. It's the same fucking story again and again with AMD and I had faith in them for so long and I finally just switched sides because I know it's hopeless. I have used nothing buy ATI/AMD for my whole life from the x1950 pro in some trash prebuilt I had ages ago to my 390 which I had till last year. Vega was the last straw for me and seeing someone like adoredtv who actively supports AMD completely shit on it (and still shits on it) was the end. I will be buying Nvidia from now on and no one can say my logic isn't justified.

Which 580 should I get?

Which SSD I was going by price/gb. The memory is the highest the Mobo supports so I didn't want to skimp on that also it was the lowest 16 gb at that speed.

Also which monitor do you recommend at 1080

Seems reasonable, but you could spend $13 more for a faster SSD with the Mushkin Source.

The cheapest AOC Freesync 144hz one, I think it's $195. Same panel as some more expensive models.
If your budget is more like $250 or $300 or only looking for like 75hz then uhh not sure.

Eh WD if price doesn't matter. Reds are great for deep storage. Nice and quiet and reliable.

Like you'll notice no one was recommending Vega a week+ ago. I wasn't either.
It's because prices have suddenly dropped that it's now the best performance/$ of new cards at the moment.

We should actually probably update the OP to only recommend Vega56 and secondarily 1070Ti.
Vega56 performance is ~95% or more of that of the 1080 or Vega64 in newer games, and 1070Ti isn't much behind it. There is no point in spending 20% more money for the 1080 or Vega64.
At this point, I'd say at $480-$500 that Vega56 isn't actually that overpriced for the performance it is with the recent driver updates and games that've come out in the past year.

But even still, some people are salty over Vega's launch and won't get past that, and/or they're just retards and/or shills.

>pic related
More to SSDs than price/GB

Personally I'd say something like the 24" 1080p 144Hz MSI Optix

Attached: ssd.png (1370x865, 188K)

Get power color

Vega is just another Polaris story.
You say it's a let down, but it's 390X performance for cheaper, 2.5x higher perf/watt, and with driver updates and newer games it wound up being notably better than the 1060 6GB.
People were disappointed that there was no RX490 and deemed it a let down wit hthat.
Vega is the same story. People are upset it's not 1080Ti or better performance for half the price.
They're both very competitive (BETTER) than Nvidia offerings at the moment when you factor in the Gsync bullshit. RX570/580 is better even if you *do* factor in the Gsync bullshit.

Nitro+/Strix, GTR-S, Red Devil GS, from best to still-good-but-not-as-good.
I know Buildzoid kind of trashed the Red Devil GS... yeah Powercolor has been known to have thermal compound problems, but they're fine when you replace them. Yeah component quality could have been a bit better. But the fact is that it just takes luck to get an RX580 with R9 Fury performance. None of them are guaranteed to OC to 1500MHz. I was hoping they were, but meh.
If you want a cheaper one, Sapphire Pulse is one of the few low end models I'd recommend. Those cheap ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI models are all super fucking garbage and not worth paying these $300 prices for.

Thanks you all

The Gigabyte V56 is the WORST one.
Gigabyte is this amazing fucking piece of shit company who'll make aftermarket cards that are worse than reference models.

Yes, get the Powercolor Red Devil.

It's also worth mentioning that I've been seeing RX580 8GBs really flooding ebay for barely over $200.

It's very unlikely a miner has burned them out, since miners are usually running them at half the power they'd use during gaming. Just make sure they flashed the proper stock BIOS back on them.

I'm not sure what's the worst that can happen. If you buy a nuked card off ebay, that is no longer stable at stock settings, don't you just charge back on your credit card ???
Idk if anyone has more ebay experience.

Nigger you're acting like Vega released at the same time as Pascal. It released a WHOLE YEAR after Pascal and STILL couldn't match the best Nvidia had to offer. Even the Fury series wasn't this bad because they at least had a 980 ti competitor. Now they don't even have a 1080 ti competitor after have a whole fucking extra year to work on it. All that year got them was GPU which were 10% give or take a 1070 and 1080. In one month Vega will literally be obsolete because do you really think it will be able to compete with the next gen of Nvidia where the 1170 will be basically a 1080 ti? At least the Fury could compete with the 1070 from this gen and the Fury was actually a budget alternative to the 1070 for a time. Vega was a complete and utter disaster in every way imaginable for gamers.

Alright, I am getting the rx56 red devil. This is the pc that I am going to build with it

pcpartpicker.com/list/bcJGP3

Pretty satisfied with it, so once I get the money I will order the parts, build it, and be able to run more than 10 games better than my shitty laptop

>being this entitled

>In one month
Completely unsubstantiated rumor. I'm not seeing this charity set up by Nvidia where they're going to make 30% larger dies yet sell them at the same cost just because.

>do you really think it will be able to compete with the next gen of Nvidia where the 1170 will be basically a 1080 ti
Yes, because Navi is going to be 1080 (1170) performance for $250 next year after you retards have paid $500 for 1170s for a few months leading up to it.

And they *might* sell a consumer 7nm Vega. It might be Vega FE price or something, but it should perform well even though games won't use its monstrous fp64 performance.
As a programmer, I'd buy it. That's a lot of flexible compute performance to play around with, and should be just as good as the $3000 Titan V in ray tracing.

Looks good though you could get a platinum PSU for $10 more unless it's no longer on sale.
also wait...
get the 500GB Mushkin Source, MX500, or WD Blue. $99 for 250GB 850 evo is ridiculous.
The 2600X is really worth the extra few bucks more, too.

Those changes will add like $50 in total, but worth it.

Nvme itself is niche
I mean its stupid fast but that translated to like 2-5 seconds for most daily task and only noticeable in heavy rendering job

So you call my rumour of a date unsubstantiated yet you post an even more unsubstantiated rumour claiming exact performance? One things for sure, Nvidia will continue to dominate with perfperwatt and will be ready for AMD yet again. At this rate I wouldn't even be surprised if MS partnered with Nvidia for they next gen console as an extension of their current work in the API space. Nintendo have already done it. Hell, even Sony could do it after all they did approach Nvidia for the ps4. If AMD lose one more console to Nvidia it's all over desu and even adoredtv said this. The consoles are the key because it keeps development going for your architectures.

Depends on what speed and what memory chips
3200 CL16 could be a dies from AFR/MFR, B-Die, E-Die, D-Die, whatever Micron has
3200 CL14 is gonna be just B-Die and I would assume it's reliable enough
General rule is to check QVL and buy off that if you can

pcpartpicker.com/list/wC24MZ
Budget is ~1300 and I'm looking through the Memorial Day weekend sale on newegg so I really need advice on choosing what ram, SSD and motherboard to buy. Also is 450w psu sufficient for this rig? Please help.

It's only "stupid fast" at large bulk file transfers, is the thing.

By every other metric, it's maybe 5% faster than a fast SATA SSD. Not worth the money unless you're moving around multiple hundreds-of-mb videos many times a week for work.

What? WHAT? It's not unsubstantiated.
7nm Vega is CONFIRMED to have 1/2 rate fp64 and *at least* double rate matrix ops. It might actually be confirmed that there'll be quad rate matrix ops and quarter precision but I just haven't taken note of that yet to know.
There's a big difference between
>my claims are unsubstantiated
and
>you don't understand what I said but you're gonna try and call me out on it.

>Hell, even Sony could do it after all they did approach Nvidia for the ps4
PS5 is all-but-confirmed to be on Zen+vega. Sony really likes the custom chip AMD made for the PS4 Pro and has been working on LVVM compiler optimizations for Zen to benefit PS5.
The Switch thing.. lol. That chip is so fucking ass. I can't believe people are being memed by that. It's basically a die shrunk GTX270 or 280 plus an arm core. Weak graphics, and ports are difficult.

3466 CL16 is likely B-Die, afaik, no?
But yeah 3200 CL16 can be whatevs.
Also isn't it only B-Dies that can even run at 3000 CL14 and 3200 CL15, not just 3200 CL14?

Uhh your budget is pretty huge for what you need.
There is RAM and board advice for that CPU earlier in this thread and the previous one.
I guess grab yourself a 1TB SSD. MX500, WD Blue, or SU900.

not sure if this belongs here but I'm thinking of a new monitor. I'd like to spend under $150 or so. There's not really anything wrong with the monitor I have, it's just that I've had it for nearly 10 years now so I figure there has probably been some better monitors that have come out in that time. The one I have now was just the cheapest they had at walmart at the time because I needed a new one. Any suggestions or should I just look at highly rated ones on amazon/newegg and pick one (ie, anything to specifically avoid or just pick any, so to speak).

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks for the suggestions, but to be honest I am fine without it, so I am just going to leave it as is

Do you have an AMD GPU, and thus freesync support?
If so, you should look for Freesync monitors.

If you have Nvidia, I'm not sure you can find Gsync ones in that price range.

And yet none of this indicates anything ahat AMD will be able to undercut Nvidia gen gen by 50% in price whilst providing the same performance.

As for the ps4, no, there is nothing at all saying it's vega. The only rumour which has come out is ryzen but this is a given since they won't work with Intel. Consoles historically have used parts from different companies such as IBM and Nvidia in the ps3 or IBM and ATI in the Xbox 360.

>I'd rather save $15 on SSD and have half the storage size as a result
uh ok

AMD has said Navi will be GTX 1080 performance for $250.
Just like they said RX480 would be 390X/980 performance for $250, and it was.

Fuck, you're new.

I've been making PCs for almost 20 years, and here you are, unaware of what's actually even happened over in just A SINGLE generation, trying to tell me shit.

Just get the closest 1080p 144hz monitor you can find for that price on PC part picker. Freesync/gsync are a meme. You can use your Nvidia gpu with a non-gsync 144hz monitor with no issue.

See how much the vg248qe is or check out how much the g2590px from aoc is

>Also isn't it only B-Dies that can even run at 3000 CL14 and 3200 CL15, not just 3200 CL14?
If it's (optimal) B-die, running it lower is better so 14 makes the most sense when binning. CL15 can be hit by some Hynix chips I'm fairly sure
IPS panels have better colors

i have a 1050Ti and I don't really game all that much so would whatever Gsync is really benefit me?

Where was I denying that AMD said that retard? The next 1160 will also be $250 and at 1080 performance just like the 1060 was 980 performance. You claimed they will be able to undercut Nvidia for the same performance but for 50% of the price in the same gen and you haven't proved that. I already said that Nvidia will be ready for this and will be competitive with it just like when they released the 1060 after the 480. Your claims of Nvidia only being able to match the 1080 with the 1170 at $500 is complete retardedness and I'm still waiting for evidence.

These pcbg threads are maybe the snarkiest I have ever read on Jow Forums and I love them so much.

>it's another autistic nvidia vs amd episode

It's not new or fancy, but I recommend people putting together a new build add the corsair carbide 540 air to their radar. Moved a system over to one this week and it's impressive for the cost of entry.

1440p 60Hz or 1080p 144Hz? Or would 1440p 144Hz be worth it?

I'm planning on getting the 1170 when it comes out.

this is why if you mention nvidia or amd, a LOT of anons start to lose their shit lol

Did someone say better color?

Na just get some 60-75hz monitor then.
As long as you stay above the refresh rate of your monitor, you don't benefit from freesync/gysnc

It's when your fps drops to say 50, or it's a 90+hz monitor and you're dropping in the 50-80fps range, you can see screen tearing. You'd have to watch a video on it.
But if you have a 60hz or 75hz monitor and stay at 60+ or 75+fps respectively, you're fine.

1160 isn't going to be 1080 performance, dude. Wtf lmao. Just STOP. You are saying so many stupid things.
There's like a 80% performance difference between the 1060 and 1080. 1100 series isn't going to increase performance per dollar very much. It's going to be like going from Fermi post-price reduction to Keplar, not from Maxwell to Pascal.

>Or would 1440p 144Hz be worth it?
Yeah man, you can get a good 1440p Freesync 144hz monitor for $420 an...
>I'm planning on getting the 1170 when it comes out.
Oh, no, the Gsync version of it is $600. Hard to say that's worth it but it's your money.

Attached: best color best waifu.jpg (700x700, 63K)

I mean it gets grating repeating the same thing not only every thread, but multiple times in one thread because people don't think to look over the advice people have gotten on their builds to apply to their own.

Attached: pcgamer.png (600x774, 164K)

No, I said colors
Jibun wo

Attached: __lelouch_lamperouge_luluko_and_nagi_code_geass_and_kannagi_drawn_by_maruki_punchiki__460e314d094c3d (600x799, 78K)

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. You're just spouting random bullshit which makes it even pointless to argue with you. I bet you even own AMD yourself right now because you got cucked into buying it (thank fuck I didn't) and have insane buyers remorse.

New monitors are coming soon 4k 144hz and ultrawide 1440p 200hz, both with full hdr10 support. Wait for these to drop at the end of the year and see what pricing is like. If they're too expensive it will still make regular 1440p 144hz monitor price go down so it will benefit you anyway.

pcpartpicker.com/list/mpG6D2

Is this good? I am only going to buy 2x4gb memory with the above recommendation that says I don't need any more. I play a few games, play guitar through a usb-audio device, and that is about it. My old rig have 12gb of DDR3.

What paste is best for the AMD Ryzen 5 2600X?

That graphite pad

Whatever is inclided with your cooler?
If your cooler doesn't have any or you want backup I would use Noctua's paste

Attached: __bridget_guilty_gear_drawn_by_dr_p__7edb7f1903b190238fa4a122b0e4acf6.jpg (425x500, 54K)

>no 0.1% minimums
>actually believing that average fps is an effective performance minimum
what shill is behind this

ryzen does come with a fan but I can't find any info if it comes with a thermal paste. I hear it's best to have thermal paste along with the heatsink/fan

If the card (the memory specifically since it experiences much more stress than any amount of gaming puts on it) dies on you 3 months later you won't be able to get buyer protection since it only lasts for 30 days
Ryzen stock coolers have a one-time thermal paste applied on the bottom where it makes contact with the IHS
You don't need more unless you plan to clean them off in the near future

Attached: __yohane_bonaventura_original_drawn_by_erubo__f22e19c269ecbe560bede2de741f9ff5.jpg (1024x1820, 255K)

Shill harder cuck

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-214510_Chrome.jpg (1429x950, 228K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/v9J28Y I made adjustments thanks for all the help Jow Forums

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

Brainlet inbound—

Need help deciding on a CPU. My main concerns are a) how valuable having integrated graphics processing is (like the Intel i5/7 with the UHD graphics 630) and b) how valuable two extra cores with the Ryzen 7 over the i5/7 would be. So far I’ve already got a case and a pair of hard drives to start, my remaining budget is ~$700usd. Obviously I don’t want to blow through all of that right away, but I want this thing to handle gaming at a consistently high FPS at decent graphics settings.

Attached: EBEDDE92-6F06-46B1-96A2-B172F2F9997C.jpg (1072x1101, 304K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-213007_Chrome.jpg (1432x948, 206K)

Shill

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-212513_Chrome.jpg (1406x932, 222K)

You may want to consider the 8GB version of the 580 for $30 more and also a FreeSync monitor like the Optix
Generally having an i7 or Ryzen 7 makes a minimal difference for framerate over an i5 or R5
iGPU means nothing if you have a dGPU

Attached: __hacka_doll_3_hacka_doll_drawn_by_pas_paxiti__f830cbe0e60c496240b2792a0951c99a.jpg (756x1058, 102K)

Oh shit I didn't see the freesync label sorry about that
8GB is still a good investment though

Ok, that’s good to know. Can I rely on iGPU for decent gaming performance, or is it always subpar compared to dGPU performance?

Your GPU should be a 3rd of your budget if this is gaming oriented. If you're not gaming or rarely game then that's fine but a 2700x with a 580 is a huge mismatch for gaming.

The aoc is a freesync.

Hey /pcbg/. I'm an applied mathematics researcher and I study physics simulations with high accuracy data compression. I've already got this set up in my office:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XQPL9J
(Debian linux. Its used for prototyping before running C++ on a supercomputer I have access to.)

I wanted to spend some money upgrade my personal desktop to match it a bit. These additions would improve my personal build at home to be a similar amount of computational power, but a shittier GPU:

pcpartpicker.com/list/mw2YNQ

Does anyone know if this is an ok set of additional parts for the price? Anyone here have experience with high end research computing?

Is power color good for 580?

Streaming 1080 gaming

Do people still lap their CPU and coolers? That used to be a thing for OC'ing forums back in like 2008-2009

anyone?

The APUs (2200G/2400G) have iGPU performance better than the extremely low end (550, 1030) or very old video cards and can run modern games well at low settings or in lower resolutions
The Intel iGPU is only useful for web browsing
Yeah I caught myself on that sorry~
212 evo on 18 cores lol
Anyway, the "home" build PSU sucks for what you're doing and I hope you aren't planning to buy an R7 370 in [current year]
Cooler is mediocre there as well
Probably mediocre but not the worst

Attached: __akizuki_ryou_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_dearly_stars_drawn_by_kotoyama__7cb276a74953a25ce5ae4769200 (913x1024, 88K)

Streams are heavily compressed on twitch and YouTube's end so it doesn't make a difference if you use CPU encoding or GPU encoding. I stream randomly sometimes with my gtx 1070 and I just use shadowplay to stream with barely any performance loss (under 2-3%) and it has no impact on my CPU either. Get a 2600 and spend an extra $100/150 on upgrading to something like a 1070. Your games will run way faster and you'll still be able to stream just fine.

If you didn't know, all these YouTubers who make Pubg, fortnite, battlefield etc videos such as jackfrags (first name that came to my head because of the BFV reveal) use shadowplay to record and not their CPU because it's an unnecessary drain on resources for a video which will be heavily compressed anyway.

Does spamming cherry picked crap count as off topic and against the rules?

Also where is the BCLK overclock results?

Oh ok thanks. I'm not buying the GPU just yet it's a build in the making kinda waiting out the rumored Nvidia cards coming out this year.

Fuck off shill

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-212644_Gallery.jpg (1434x944, 194K)

I already own the 370. Its only purpose is to provide a video out so I can run things on my CPU.

what's the point in buying any cooling system other than one which keeps the CPU in a standard operation temperature range? (That was a serious question.)

Dumb nigger

Attached: Screenshot_20180501-212808_Chrome.jpg (1440x912, 228K)

Ok, looks like the R5 2600X is the choice for me, then. Thanks for the help user :^)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/v9J28Y
I'd usually say just go for RX570 when it comes to 4GB, but that price isnt' that bad...
Sadly, the $240 RX570 Strix deal ended and I'm not sure if anything else has taken its place as an obviously good value compared to current stuff.

Frankly, if you're doing 1080p, I'd ignore the 8GB advice from others and just save yourself the money. Price difference for the extra 4GB is just too great.

But you also may want to consider ebay. I've seen RX580 8gbs going there regularly for a little over $200 used.

>how valuable having integrated graphics processing is
Well it can be nice when your GPU dies and you just want to boot into Windows, but you can't game reliably on Intel iGPU. Only Ryzen ####G CPUs can be gamed on.
AMD iGPU have async compute support, so there are a teeny tiny handful of games like Ashes of the Singularity I THINK that can use the compute power of the iGPU while the main rendering is done by the discrete graphics card.
Intel... technically.. kind of.. has this? I've actually been programming a game that tries to use all of these for GPGPU, but supporting all the various Intel iGPUs is a mess and I'm not sure I can do it. :/

Driver updates for 2400G have actually been putting it closer to a 750Ti than a 1030. That memory bottleneck is still a big bottleneck, though.

Also, afaik that AOC has the same panel as the MSI Optix. A lot of those $190-$220 Freesync monitors have the same panel so there is little point in not getting cheapest. I could be wrong, but at a brief glance it appeared to be the same. I know the $215 Acer is the same one as the AOC.

yes sometimes. But Ryzen runs so cool, and coolers have gotten better, that those things don't matter.

The point with adding cores is that they weren't going to be used by the game anyway
Not that your point isn't valid, but there definitely is good reason to do CPU streaming
You ask if cherry picking is against the rules yet go on to ask for the least realistic benchmark possible
Turbo boost doesn't work (at least to its full extent) unless you are substantially below thermal limits
Also obvious noise and longevity benefits

Attached: illust_68919879_20180527_231051.png (987x1200, 877K)

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

Yeah my recommendation is just getting a 2600 instead of the 2700x because if you're mostly gaming the 2600 is perfectly fine and is actually the best price/perf gaming processor out there right now. If you want to do some amateur video editing like maybe making some wacky YouTube edits of your recorded clips, the 6 cores and 12 threads will make it a breeze because of quick render times.

As for shadowplay again, it's an amazing bit of software. There are alternatives like OBS which exist and are for the more hard-core streamers who need really detailed configurations (OBS can take advantage of the on-board GPU encoder on my 1070 as well) but shadowplay is so much easier to use and you can even set it to have instant replay up to like 20 minutes long so it basically records the last 20 mins (or however long you set it to) and when something crazy happens in your game you can hit a keybind on your keyboard and it'll save that last 20 mins or so of footage. It's like using the share button on ps4 or the gamedvr on Xbox one except it's way higher quality and can be adjusted to how you like it. Streaming is also a one click process on there as well since you can hook up your twitch and YouTube account to shadowplay.

Ok. I'll keep it in mind for when I make the purchase on these parts. Thanks for reviewing my build.

>best price performance for gaming
You are drinking that 3400 ram water cooler x470 coolaid

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 47K)

I appreciate your post but I'm not liking Nvidia Shadow play/experience program right now because they won't let you turn off telemetry. I'll prob use obs and cracked win 7 without telemetry.

CPU streaming isn't worth the price and performance impact it has. Not even pros use it they have dedicated video input cards in separate computers like elgatos to do that and those video cards are basically utilizing higher quality encoders which are already found on modern GPU. Twitch is limited to like 6mb/s so the quality between CPU and GPU encoding will be pretty much negligible at that bitrate anyway. He can save a hell of a lot of cash with the 2600 which is like $150 cheaper than the 2700x and use it for a better GPU which will net better in game performance and he'll still be able to do all his streaming and stuff at a high quality.

>what's the point in buying any cooling system other than one which keeps the CPU in a standard operation temperature range?
Well one thing is that there is a misconception of what limits overclocking Ryzen.

It's actually not so much of a "voltage wall" as people think.
Think about it, going from 1.4v @ 4.2GHz, and upping it to 1.5v and still being at EXACTLY the same 4.2GHz just doesn't make sense.
Look at the Vmax/Fcore relationship chart. Yeah, there's quite a bump up, but it's not a WALL.

It's actually SenseMi that limits it.
Ryzen has internal voltage regulation and sensors all over the chip. You need to keep the whole chip under 67C for it to accept more voltage and let you clock it higher.
While it was known that Ryzen has an internal voltage regulator on it, people I guess assumed it was disabled at first. Or maybe it is, and there is something else involving SenseMi that limits it.

That's why you *can* dump more voltage into it and get 6GHz on LN2, but you hit a limit on around 4.2GHz all core on standard air cooling.
But... lap the CPU, custom water loop, and yeah you could probably get a stable 105BCLK overclock with 4.6GHz on 2 cores and 4.3GHz all core boost.

pcgamer.com/nvidias-telemetry-monitor-is-not-spying-on-you/

If you're so worried about it then you can just use this program which removes the telemetry from the drivers anyway

betanews.com/2017/06/20/protect-your-privacy-with-disable-nvidia-telemetry/

Yo thanks man