Why is this?

Why is this?

Attached: 1527470581499.png (1379x450, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/education/university-tuition-fees-england-highest-world-compare-students-student-loan-calculator-a7654276.html
theguardian.com/money/2015/jun/15/london-rents-homelet-survey-housing-crisis
telegraph.co.uk/property/renting/london-named-expensive-city-europe-rent-third-year-row/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because only one is a first world country.

>brexit

The U.K. Company has to waste a ton of budget on all the useless people quotas

America seems to lead in that shit. They invented it.

the pay disparities predated brexit

Because murricans have to pay their student debt

"University tuition fees in England now the highest in the world"

independent.co.uk/news/education/university-tuition-fees-england-highest-world-compare-students-student-loan-calculator-a7654276.html

Cost of living is higher in NY, rent is considerably higher, and groceries can be nearly double it seems based on simple searches.

People have less access to housing in an around NYC, so many people rent their entire time there, which leads to people not being able to save much over time. This point doesn't make sense to me as there is roughly similar populations in each of these cities.

Tbh I wouldn't move to NYC for the salary listed in that image, and I find it hard to believe that is the average, or perhaps they aren't including stocks and everything else leading up to total comp, and I would be even less likely to move to London for that salary.

My only guess is that NY has a powerhouse of companies, and has diversified away from finance being it's only/main industry, whereas London seems to be, as an outsider, to be still heavily rooted in that world. In finance, aside from fintech companies, tech is a cost center, and so shit rolls downhill and you are paid less.

I'd be interested to see if NY has more tech companies than London, and if that is one explanation for this. Perhaps London has more of a need for sysadmins in industries where tech is a cost center, not a revenue driver.

Attached: 10sw0.png (1447x2047, 3.08M)

>Cost of living is higher in NY
Nice bait.

Google the actual numbers. I did, so why can't you?

>asks for answers
>gets one
>nah let me torl u

Attached: 1453301370050.jpg (1095x662, 126K)

Those numbers don't mean anything. They are completely made up. Oh an apple costs $2 here and $1 here. I guess that means you need double the pay to live the same way!

Okay, my turn to guess...

Because London is full of diverse people willing to work at low rates and send half that salary back home?

Two different countries, with two different economies, wages, and cost-of-living-s.

>Oh an apple costs $2 here and $1 here. I guess that means you need double the pay to live the same way!
Food is double, rent is more than double, etc. $93k is shit in NY.

No it's not. The average rent in London is like £3000 or something retarded.

Less demand?

The article is a bit dated but it's half that:
theguardian.com/money/2015/jun/15/london-rents-homelet-survey-housing-crisis

>3 year old data
telegraph.co.uk/property/renting/london-named-expensive-city-europe-rent-third-year-row/

>three-bed property
A 1 bedroom apartment in New York averages $2,800/mo

So less than £3000.

The overall average is much higher, but seeing as the figure you provided is for 3br - a 3br apartment in NY averages around $6,000.

As all things with averages there are both sides to the story, there are incredibly poor families living in London on one side of this "average" and another side where millionaires are living the celeb life a 20 minute walk away from them.

Besides, nobody actually lives in london but pakis and muslims so who cares