I bought a Commodore SX-64 from a garage sale and think I've figured out which chip I need to replace to get it working...

I bought a Commodore SX-64 from a garage sale and think I've figured out which chip I need to replace to get it working. How do I remove these socketed chips? Please advise.

Attached: photo_2018-05-27_23-13-31.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXlblGvNtOs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The ones in sockets, you just pull out.

You can buy a chip puller for a few bucks, or just carefully pull it straight out of the socket. Try to pull straight up so you don't bend the pins.

Which chip do you suspect has the problem?

Chip puller or carefully with a tiny screwdriver

Clearly your pull out game matches that of your fathers.

Attached: qHDqRz6.gif (480x270, 1.76M)

Go watch 8-bit guy or Techmoan. Also, why did you buy this and how do you plan to repair it when you seem to have no knowledge of basic electronics?

Attached: image.jpg (347x268, 75K)

Use a flathead screw driver.

oh you lucky duck.
I want a Commodore Plus/4 really bad.
I completely loved my Commodore Plus/4 back when I was a kid.

Absolute pure love

Attached: Commodore-Plus-4.jpg (3076x1880, 1.15M)

You seem pretty clueless.
So this video is probably the best advice to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=lXlblGvNtOs

Good luck.

You do realize those things are easily obtained by paying money for them? Not even huge amounts. We aren't talking about some Alto clone.

I picked one of these up six months or so ago for $25. Unfortunately the power supply is dead T_T

That's how he'll learn how to do it.

You don't sit watching youtube videos and suddenly say "I am now an expert in removing chips from sockets", you try it yourself and gain experience.

>Unfortunately the power supply is dead T_T
It's not like you'd use the original power supply EVER with them anyways.
Unless you're a retard of course, then godspeed and have fun with your dead machine.

Forgot pic

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1080, 903K)

> It's not like you'd use the original power supply EVER with them anyways.
I’m aware of the issues but where could I find a new power supply? I at least wanted to see if it booted. The voltages were too low but I should be glad it didn’t fry it. Same story with my C128.

>I’m aware of the issues but where could I find a new power supply?
You make one. Unless you're a tryhard hipster who can't spend 5 minutes doing something with parts that cost 5 bucks total.
Than you would buy one online from someone who profits from hipsters.

with a socket wrench of course.

Don’t cut yourself with that edge.

Sorry but this is a technology board and not a daycare centre for "mildly" curious people about technology.

>Unfortunately the power supply is dead T_T

AKA the easiest possible part to replace.

Flathead screwdriver, you put the bit under the chip and twist slightly. Idea is to alternate lifting it from each side little by little so as not to bend the pins. At one point the chip will be loose enough to just pull out with your fingers.

is that terry?

>AKA the easiest possible part to replace.
Except for finding/making one.

>image.jpg

Attached: go1.gif (200x200, 925K)

found the autist

>defending retarditt

Attached: yep.jpg (680x543, 39K)

go cringe up another thread

see

lol so funny xD

*SNAP*

Is Shrek with a camera the new le palestine face?