Camping Tech General

Camping Tech General

Is it tech? What does a "weekend-surviver" needs to not die? Is there any tech or China shut what could make my tracking trip more fun?
No fantasy blades pls.

Attached: camping-on-the-plaza-today-tease-170801_ce17c3eb42528d2b790af9098aab52c1.jpg (1920x1080, 548K)

install gentoo

I think you're better off asking /out/

THAT'S A DUDE!

no such board

/out/

I like this thread..
But Jow Forums is full of neets who only go outside if they need to buy more mountain dew.. So I don't think that this thread will survive very long...
But on the topic: What you need depends mostly on where you're going. What are your plans OP?

It's a dude(female)
The pucci only make it better

I'm not a neckwear, so I can go outside. I just have nothing to do at weekends, so I bought camping-gear and plan to walk to the next camping field at weekend (17 km).
I don't want to bring any electronics, just my ebook reader.

Bought a tent, a tour-bag, a foldable chair, sleeping bag, cantine-gear, etc.

Neckbeard, just t9 fcks up

Get a flashlight and enough food and water...
That should be enough for a trip to the camping field.
Just make sure that after eating you clean everything and put it somewhere safe because the smell of food attracts wild animals..
I didn't clean a pot once and left it outside my tent. Woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a dozen boars surrounding my tent..

Good utility flashlight with long battery life (led) you can hang off or otherwise affix to stuff. If you aren't hiking too far and can bring real food then get a small propane stove those things are fucking awesome. If you don't want to sleep on ground an auto-inflating sleeping pad (can fit on pack) or larger inflatable (likely won't fit on pack) is a very good idea. A mid-high capacity li-ion battery for your phone will be a godsend if you're a tech addict.

Aeropress to make coffee

literally

I'm gonna go ahead and re-stress the usefulness of getting a flashlight that you can clip/hang/magnet on stuff. Having 2 free hands makes it way easier to get anything done at night.

Definitely a flashlight, I like the lithium 18650 lights because you can get a powerbank that uses the same cells, and swap them in and out for each other. Powerbank is handy if you plan on using your devices a lot, but I pretty much never use it except to listen to music through earbuds in my tent.

There is some handy cooking tech out there. I like the pocket rocket style camp stoves but a lot of people just get a jetboil, and all their hot food and drink is made from boiling water. jetboil is the most fuel effecient way to boil water in the brush, but its not practical for anything except boiling water. pocket rocket is just a cheap cheap tiny camp stove, bot use isobutane fuel canisters that aren't cheap.

If I'm car camping I take one of those fold out solar panels for hikers, just to top off my battery back during the day. power is mostly used for my phones gps while I'm driving to different bouldering destinations.

There is some cool water filtration technology out there that can definately help you not die, but I'm not really super knowledgeable about filtering spring water, too dangerous if you ask me, not worth the risk

I'd get a headlamp style flashlight, that straps to your head. the really bright ones get uncomfortably warm on your head, so maybe don't get the most powerful one you find, or use the lower settings.

and a lantern style flashlight that floods the area with light, something you could set on a picnic table to light the whole table, or hang from inside your tent.

Thanks for sharing ideas guys!
I still have to buy a lock (actually does it makes sense to lock a tent?), a flashlight, food already here with a sunglass. Maybe some suncream would be a good idea as I got a very pale skin.
I got a powerboat from earlier trip.

Now I don't want any electronics with me, but I don't want to bring an analog book either, so ebook and a phone.
The trip travels trough 3 villages, and just 17km, so I don't fear from bears.

the fuck is this thread doing on Jow Forums

nobody locks their tent. I'd be afraid whoever wanted inside would just cut the tent open once they see its locked. I would only consider this option at a festival where there are a bunch of tents and an extreme high likelihood of theft.

otherwise sounds good. bring extra water.

since it sounds like your first time using that tent, you should set it up at home first so you know what you're getting into. you'll also know if it came with a rain fly (it probably did) and if it came with a ground pad (it probably didn't)

you're gonna want a ground pad. it keeps your tent bottom from getting ripped up and most importantly it keeps your tent bottom dry from the ground moisture. not 100% necessary but you're going to want one eventually. if you're sleeping in your tent multiple nights in a row the ground pad becomes more essential because your gear inside will get wet and be unable to dry out. Even if it doesn't rain the ground will evaporate moisture that will condense on your tent floor

Is this the yuru thread

Attached: 1518791654943.png (624x492, 402K)

Yep, this is where I got the idea.