Aspiration Thread

What are you wageslaving for this summer, bros?
For me? It's a Dell XPS 15 laptop & an iPhone X or OnePlus 6.

Attached: qzpvoro604oy.jpg (405x251, 24K)

I'll be for the first time in my life a wagecuck this summer. I guess I'll wageslave for cocaine in order to live the dream

food

fpbp

I could buy a new car with cash so I don't particularly feel the need to save for anything in particular. I just work and let it pile up.

A brand new computer. Currently have all the money I need, the question is if I want to spend it on a gtx 1080ti or wait until autumn and see if they release their new line of cards.

I'll be NEET come June 30, what kind of job should I try to find when the time comes?

desu I was gonna say something like
>saving for the vacation I'm taking later this year
but honestly, this guy fucking gets it

I'm saving for a nice PowerMac G5 system. I plan on adding 1TB of storage, and if there's SATA I'll add a nice little 256GB SSD. I plan on maxing out the CPU and RAM, adding a nice video card (not sure what yet) and then installing Debian. I'd be using it as my main desktop PC.

Machine learning engineer, it's:
1/ easy and interesting
2/ well-paid
3/ trendy
which means that:
1/ you won't suffer too much
2/ you'll profit
3/ you'll get laid
>inb4 AI is a meme

Good advice but I won't take it. I took an AI class in college and made a bot that implemented neural nets to git gud at checkers but I did not enjoy it and I don't like computer sciences any more.

I should have been more specific in my needs! I need a job where I'll be able to go back to school full or part time in the fall because I've applied for a local community college. My current job it would have been impossible because during November/December I work 90+ hours a week

What will you study there then? I don't know a lot of stuff about student jobs, but I strongly recommend you DON'T go with stuff like Uber Eats, Mc Donald's, or any restauration job tbqh. If you have some skills (even shitty) at programming (even though you don't like it anymore), find some people and small companies that need a website to be built and build websites for $$$. It will still be better than the above and who knows? Maybe you'll find that you actually still enjoy it.
Else just find rich kids to give them personal lectures, if you have the patience and the skills.

Drivers license, car, few cold steel knives. I have so much computing equipment that I simply can’t use them all.

>What will you study there then?
I won't say because I'll be bullied for it

a house and a master's degree.

A house. I've been living at home for 3 years too many

my family.
Also hi fre/n/d

Dunno. I've been thinking of updating my style (i.e. starting to dress in such a way that it's not immediately obvious that I have no idea what fashion is), so maybe some nice clothes. Go to more good concerts, support live musicians. And a bottle of good whiskey.

okay.jpg

I want to completely max out my T530 so that I don't have to buy anything else for the next 10 years

you are a fucking tripfag, how worse can it get?

I haven’t noticed any new tripfags for a while. When did this one show up?

>get laid
go ahead, tell all the grills at the bar you work in AI, see how that goes
you have a better chance at meeting a QT3.14 AI waifu at work

>What are you wageslaving for this summer, bros?
To save money for my children.

What kind of retard consumerist cuck would kill himself day after day just to afford a gadget he has no need for?

No wonder you have depression.
You have nothing of substance in your life.

>how worse can it get?
He could have been a Jow Forums Pass user.

May 7th was the first time he posted on Jow Forums.

this. while I have hobbies and spend quite some money on them, I would not spend so much on a fucking phone

The only adults in this thread.

Everyone else should consider growing up.

I'm not really working towards anything. And I got a payrise recently. I just sort of exist. No GF. No car. I come home. Listen to music or play vidja. Rinse and repeat. The money is just sort of accumulating. I guess I could buy a car and look for a GF but it just seems to much effort tbqh

>wageslaving for anything
lol poorfags

>wage slavery and debt servitude are adult things

look, no reason to mass (You) yourself and likeminded soys you fucking loser.

it is and it fixes nothing. it's just different addictions.

save your money and invest it in the stock market instead, 20 years from now you'll be glad you let the compound interest build up instead of buying some useless shit like an iphone x

this is not about being a wageslave, this is about financial literacy

You're a fucking kid, not being financially independent is being a fucking slave.

Yeah, you "sell" your time and efforts to earn money. But you can buy your freedom. It's how good societies work.

Also, if you're going to work for "yourself", you're a kid too.
Get a wife and kids, have people you want to care of, have people you want to help, you'll see that not once in a day will you think of you.
This is what a man is. A burden bearer.

>"just man up for your wife's son already!!"

Attached: 1476442338465.png (553x827, 481K)

>financial literacy
>buying a house

ok kid. stop pushing your broken bullshit on young impressionable minds. buyer's remorse and larping faggots are literally the most disgusting thing about Jow Forums in 2018.

Yeah it's a kind of modern nihilism, you're aimless.
I would advise you something that does not necessitate a lot of investment to begin with, like listening to Jordan Peterson. His ideas are pretty common sense, but it helps a lot of people to find an aim and some meaning in their lives.
Especially if they were raised without being taught those basic things.

Dell xps 9570.

I'm wageslaving for a house down payment and moving out of state. Then I'm dropping this shitty fucking job for good.

So that's what it is for you? A duality?

1) Be a huge loner cuck that feels like work is slavery and only thinks of himself and gadgets while depression is grinding him away
or
2) Being a huge fucking cuck giving money to rapists and a low IQ child that is not even yours

Nothing else heh? God you sound nihilistic and desperate as fuck.
Life is not "so" simple, mate.

Attached: d09.jpg (680x543, 37K)

>people in this thread only go to work because they want to buy some brand new fancy stuff
Jow Forums literally 100% consumer faggots and worse than reddit

Attached: asdasdasd.jpg (800x800, 37K)

Why do people still want to buy houses? It's tradition and all but honestly, being stuck in one place and being taxed out of your ass while being scared because you still have loans to pay to greedy bankers seems like a bad idea to me.

I move a lot, I'm 29 and have always lived in a rented apartment/house, what's wrong about it?
I move places with my family every once in a while, pay per month, invest my money on something else that real estate, and everything is great.

Only a few of them, they're probably still young and doing their studies or something.

They'll learn life sooner or later.

nothing. it's just neo marketing shills creating fake outrage and then stepping in like they are some macho man with "solutions" that subtly sell some meme lifestyle. it's fucking scary especially after that whole "AI marketing" slide thing that was leaked on Jow Forums.

I am from nazideutschland, so I dont know how it is in americuckland, but in germany you are not stuck in one place. Not even close. If you want to move you just sell the house and get a new one with a fresh credit. A lot of people do that.

ya because german housing only goes up or stays the same and there is no potential of going underwater.

Huh, interesting.
I lived in NZ for a while and a lot of people change houses every few years too, upgrading each time, it's an Auckland thing.

But in other countries I lived, buying is almost counter-productive, so much corruption/regulation/taxation, it's so much simpler to find a place for rent, say "sup I have money, you have empty place" and simply go there until I move somewhere else.

I guess this generation has trouble adjusting to a more nomadic way of living, lots of people follow the way of their (grand-)parents and think they're going to buy a house young and stay there until they die or something.

It goes along the "life-long job" thing. Most old people had the same job for 40 years or something, it's not like that nowadays either, shit is too fast and fluid. You'll have 10 different jobs before being 45 in most sectors.

dude stop, hold that strawman, I am not telling you to buy a house. I am telling you not to buy a 1k$ phone

it was a tiny bit overgeneralization from my side, but if that house is in (or close to) a rather big city then you can usually sell them for the same or higher price. If you live somewhere in the woods, then you have to have a little bit of luck to find interested persons.

>stuck in one place and being taxed out of your ass
That's more people being unwilling to move to a better market. I am willing.

>scared because you still have loans to pay to greedy bankers
People borrow more than they can afford. I don't.

All in all, I just don't want to throw my money away anymore. If my house loses value for a few years due to a crash or something, big deal. I'm getting some help on a down payment from a grandparent and I'll probably have enough inheritance from them to pay it off.

>I am telling you not to buy a 1k$ phone
When I see kids still in school with student loans and parents paying for their food, yet holding a phone that costs a thousand dollars, I honestly think they deserve what will be coming to them in a few years.

And after calming myself, I remember they're like that because they were raised like that.

God boomers were terrible parents.
Way, way too liberal. Kids have no sense of value or responsibility.

>What are you wageslaving for this summer, bros?

nothing really, just paying for random bullshit unfun shit I had to deal with recently.

I bought the new Dell XPS 13 recently because my Acer C720 decided to stop working; it's an ok linux laptop. Had surgery and needed a new car as well.

Worried I might need a new phone soon too since my piece of shit one doesn't connect to wifi networks anymore. not sure what to do. it doesn't appear to be a software issue.

to some extent I actually appreciate how obvious the damage is. It is very easy to learn from

not technology
>>>/r9k
>>>/reddit/