Pixel 3 XL will be getting NOTCHED

>Pixel 3 XL will be getting NOTCHED

Attached: DeRsPgCWsAAzVZ7.jpg large.jpg (960x1050, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rykmwn0SMWU?t=43s
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why TF are companies producing notched phones on phones that still have a bottom bezel

daily reminder the v10 started the notch trend. the "2" screens are just one screan with a notch camera on the corner

Because they don't want to spend the money on using a folded OLED display like the iPhone X where the OLED wraps around the bottom of the display to hide the display driver.

>"stupid Apple" they said
>"it will never catch on", they said
When will Jow Forums learn?

I'll take the Pixel 3.

let me guess some more
>dual camera

>mocks Apple for removing headphone port
>remove it themselves in the Pixel 2
>mocks Apple for notch
>do notch themselves in the Pixel 3

Attached: 1525276335520.jpg (599x462, 31K)

This is why Samsung is our last hope for a good high end flagship

i was literally just about to say that after reading this post

essential phone started the notch shit you retarded subhuman

Samsung hardware + Google software/support would be greatest phone. Too bad that won't happen.

>This is why Samsung is our last hope for a good high end flagship
So they would succumb to even more gimmicks? By the way, their Pixel line excludes a micro SD card slot. I'll surely pay a premium price for that.

Still doesn't change the fact that Jow Forums sperged out hard over the notch.

Attached: notch.png (580x358, 212K)

>Pixel 3 XL will be getting NOTCHED
Disappointing if true.
I'll keep my Pixel 2 XL

The notch is disgusting and any phone that has it is automatically garbage

I've never used a notch phone, is it even that bad? or are people just hating because Apple did it.

Already possible on s9 with project treble.

>project treble

I'll believe it when I see it

Google has been copying Apple since the first iPhone was released, you nigger. They never mocked Apple. Their phones literally exist to be Apple clones with Android OS.

>Apple does something
>"it will never catch on"
Impossible since there's 10 chink companies constantly copying big brands. Apple, Samsung and Xiaomi get copied constantly.

There's pure AOSP and official LOS already available for it.

>They never mocked Apple
youtu.be/Rykmwn0SMWU?t=43s at 0:43

Attached: the fuck you looking at bitch.png (824x361, 337K)

I think it's down to manufacturers copying Apple badly. The iPhone X does the notch properly, it eliminated the bottom bezel, but Android phones have the notch and the bottom bezel.

I'll never buy a phone without a headphone jack, it's as stupid as a car without a trunk. Don't care how many phones it means I'll never buy, it's their lost sale.

Ummm sweaty... the bezelPhone looks like utter shit. It literally has a chin, sideburns, AND a notch.

Attached: 1505426306464.png (680x374, 135K)

Read my post again, I said it has the best notch implementation, not that I actually like notches. Some size bezel is good, fuck Samsung's curved edge, content gets distorted, there's glare issues and palm rejection is shit.

... and with a rom full of bugs

Wrong.

is a pixel XL still worth it at a refurbished price in 2018?

>t. iToddler

Check out the official LOS page and notice how there's no official LOS 15.1 for any Samsung phone except s9. All thanks to treble.

>the fucking chinks can do it right
>but it includes chinese botnet

fucking end me

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-2-3.jpg (1600x1200, 370K)

>chink botnet
>nsa botnet
There's no escape

>stupid apple
That’s right
>it will never catch on
Only retards thought that. Most moves by Apple, good or bad gets copied to death.

There's nothing wrong with a notch. A top bezel is just a full width notch

>the fucking chinks can do it right

>dat bottom bezel

lmao

>eliminates bezels
>the bezels are still the same size as the 6/6s/7 just all around the phone except for the notch on the top
huh?

All notch implementation is shit. People want uninterrupted screen.

I love my 2XL and don't like the notch on the iPhone X but I think is ok if treated how One Plus are doing it with their latest phone. Basically a software setting so the area around the notch is not used to render full screen apps. It is basically just for notification icons which is fine as that space is wasted anyway as in pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180528-163312.png (1440x2880, 284K)

If they really want to max out screen real estate then they only need enough top bezel for the the earpiece. Move the selfie camera to the bottom bezel and have the user rotate the phone if they want to take a selfie in portrait mode. EZ

You mean getting C U C K E D

it will actually never catch on, because i'm not buying one and i'm laughing at everyone who does
and for your information, i'm a big deal!

Attached: 1521529182313.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

>bottom bezel

Attached: iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png (430x430, 23K)

>"it will never catch on", they said
That's where you're wrong. We've been ripping into the notch since day 1. Unfortunately normies like their designs so whatever they do, most companies will rip off.

>>dat bottom bezel

Trump is bringing back ZTE because they're launching a double notch phone

do you even see the gigantic fucking bezels AROUND the screen, you homosexual mongoloid?

>notch
>bezel on bottom
what the fuck

Attached: 1517644929407.jpg (385x382, 12K)

bezel at the bottom is more preferable than bezel at the top.

One of the requirements for Treble is being able to run a generic AOSP ROM.

I'm talking about that fact that the majority of Android phones with notches still have a massive bottom bezel because they can't hide the display driver

>implying that a small size bezel is bad for usability

Attached: g7.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 67K)

lol nice reading comprehension

>chinese botnet
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2
Fortunately, many Xiaomi devices are developer friendly and there is something to be done about pre-installed Chinese firmwares. The lack of a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm jack and a unfair pricing should be a bigger concern, along with a slightly above average battery capacity.

No, it's not as stupid as buying a car without a trunk, it's more like buying a car without an aux port, in fact, it's literally like that.

Probably LCD .. unless it's OLED then I'll cry.

yes let's fix that

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 689K)

Dual notches actually looks better and more symmetrical.

Attached: t3_67olq7.png (1200x992, 144K)

Nobody cares, stop putting form over function.

the only good smartphone is the iphone 5 SE.

If only they were the same size

kys

Ten times better looking than any notch.

Doesn't look too bad. Don't think pushing screen so close to the edge will ever feel strudy though. One drop and it's done. S8 and 9 did things perfectly. Why not just make the screen flat and copy them?

Attached: 1521866201341.jpg (475x444, 27K)

I just wish my v20 could do notchmode

fff

My S9 is looking pretty good, user.

>Based Samsung

At this point i just want to go back to PDAs and feature phones

the non XL version looks pretty good

how is that massive

look at the sony xperia zx1 or the htc 10 for big bezels

you bust be some special kind of brainlet if you really think that all the notch craze is because of the essential phone

C
O
U
R
A
G
E

yes everyone is trying to copy essential phone.

hmmmmmm

Apple were making the iPhone X since Essential Co was founded. Jony Ive stated they've been working on the iPhone X for 5 years prior to release. It was supposed to be an all-screen new phone and no, they didn't 'fail' to implement Touch ID under the display. That would have been a sideways step. Apple wanted to make the iPhone X unlock when you merely look at it, they had that in mind from the beginning and most of their research and engineering was probably fitting a fucking XBOX Kinect inside of a square centimetre of space.

Essential Co just elected to have a cutout for the camera, probably after a leak from some Apple employee on what they were up to. If you honestly think Apple didn't already have this as a working prototype when the Essential PH1 was released you don't know anything about how the tech industry actually works.

I wish I was at my computer to draw a chain of people on all fours eating each other's shit. Have you seen Xiowhatever's laptops? Almost carbon copies of MacBook Pros.

Apple>Samsung>Google>everyone else

That's the flow of things. Samsung's recent copy is a very poorly executed Animoji that everyone says looks creepy.

The storage options are fairly decently priced.
The problem is the lack of 3.5mm jack.

>The storage options are fairly decently priced.
Compared to what? A $30 micro SD card? Come on.

No it's not

>what is proprietary firmware

>believing Apple lies
>especially from Copy Ive

Attached: 1520574141026.jpg (720x540, 253K)

The big problem is full screen video, where that space isn't wasted

whats with the seething hate with the notches?
I dont really like them but its not a deal breaker

Bullshit. Essential came MONTHS AFTER all those iPhone X leaks that showed the notch.

So essentially they made a superior phone in three months, while faggle took five years to make faulty garbage.

Attached: 1520067477408.png (833x861, 894K)

Once again, the Android devices copy Apple, despite the fact that all the Android fans ridiculed Apple for the notch.

WTF?

Essential's dead, nigger. And what made it superior?

Stay mad Pajeet and poo in the loo.

Yeah because the biggest names in the smartphone industry really want to copy a failed phone from a first time manufacturer that had to cut the price of the phone -$200 just to get people to buy it. That's also why they curved the sides of the notch so noticeably, rather than cut the curve at the end of the notches purpose like the essential phone. It's also why each of those manufacturers use saturated-gradient backgrounds to promote their notchphones; exactly what the essential did.

Attached: 1497323309105.jpg (520x455, 205K)

Trying way too hard to be edgy and to fit into Jow Forums "culture". 0/10

Attached: 1526648649535.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

Attached: barf.jpg (680x680, 113K)

I am so fucking sick of this shit. I'm gonna be looking at flagships in Q4 but I don't think there is gonna be anything for me. I was really hoping Pixel 3XL would be the one but the notch is an automatic blow the fuck out.

Surre but both are shit “innovations” never buying crap like that. Currently we have no decent phone everything is expensive meme shit

You can disable the second screen in the settings

This is one of those Apple things that I don't think is good at all.
>thinness
>more soldered parts you can't replace
>no expandable storage
>removing headphone jack
>trackpads without buttons

Nice, I was just about to post "when will someone just remove the front-facing camera"

out of curiosity, why? For me (iPhone X) I don't give a shit and can't see why anyone would

Modern smartphones are all shit anyway. There's not much reason to keep increasing the raw specs anymore. I'd rather focus on quality of life stuff. I ordered a Gemini so I can have a physical keyboard. The Librem 5 also looks pretty good. Everything else is garbage now.

>Notch on top
>Chin on bottom
Why? At least the iPhone X doesn't have that retardedly large bezel at the bottom.

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_pii_taromura__988a933f10810167ff1e866dcdd62 (950x1237, 427K)

Instead it has retardedly large bezels the whole way round

Videos are 16:9 and the screen is like 19:18. How it can make a difference when the video is cropped?

Attached: DE865278F7884B3D88FB33FE6D6AF00F.jpg (500x333, 36K)

Front facing speaker

The bezel on the iPhone X is far thinner than the bottom chin in the OP image, so your explanation is moronic.
If you're going to have a notch you might as well get rid of the bottom bezel too. There's no reason to have both. It's such awful design.