Anyone noticed the new CSS killing ads? Its not showing up in every page, but it pops up once in a while...

Anyone noticed the new CSS killing ads? Its not showing up in every page, but it pops up once in a while, and blocking it not only kills the CSS, but the entire thread's content as well.

CSS started dying randomly yesterday for me every other threads, but no actual ads until today. Every other page is popping a 400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large as well

Attached: fuckgookmoot.jpg (1000x194, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63894609
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/1794456
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63922522
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dumfucks this is why you post from phone

Try with AppchanX

You should be using the Jow Forums API instead of the site.

What ads?

>Every other page is popping a 400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large as well

If you're using Chromium/Chrome, you just need to go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Content Settings > Cookies > See all cookies > search for Jow Forums > delete all the boards.Jow Forums.org cookies.

Firefox/other browsers should possibly be the same.

Its the same mgid malicious ads gook moot started injecting into the site around december last year, there was a lot of threads here on Jow Forums, as well as other boards. There's 5 pages of threads on the RebeccaBlackTech archive if you search mgid.

Literally typing mgid Jow Forums onto google brings up the /qa/ board as the 3rd result (for me anyway, pic related), which mean google's crawler is picking up the shits being injected into the page. I tried re-enabling the userscript someone here wrote back in December to block those ads, it works, but it break captcha as well.

I'm using ccd0 Jow Forums-X + OneeChan.

Forgot pics

Attached: fuckmook.jpg (1050x775, 152K)

>I'm using ccd0 Jow Forums-X

What's your version number?

Also, here's the CSS breaking if the malicious domains are blocked. Its the same shit Hiro tried to pull the last time, it only pops up once every 4-5 pages. Took me a couple of refreshes to get it to pop up. If you block the ad's frame using ublock's block element function, or block the domain, it nukes the page's CSS.

Attached: uBlock.png (1800x763, 115K)

Hmm. My version is 1.14.0.15, so I'm not sure. ccd0 might have introduced a new bug with that version, as it deals with the JavaScript whitelist.

You definitely shouldn't need to block those domains through uBlock. If you haven't already, try to purge the caches of your uBlock filters and then update them all.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

Its not a Jow Forums-x issue, trust. Those domain are the malicious ad domains, it run a script that nuke the page's CSS if it can't connect to its host. When Hiro implemented it the first time back in December last year every boards raised a big stink, but it died down when uBlock implemented Jow Forums's fix.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63894609

desuarchive.org/qa/thread/1794456

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63922522

There's literally 5 pages of threads on Jow Forums's archive alone. /qa/ and other boards had their own threads as well

No, I know that Jow Forums/Hiro are the reason why the malicious domains exist, but Jow Forums-X and uBlock separately have fixes for the ads. If you're using them but the CSS breaks, it's likely due to one of those extensions not being up-to-date or having a bug in the code.

Ah ok, my bad.

I tried disabling Jow Forums-x and blocking ads, it still killed the CSS. If I don't block the ads or the domain, shits works fine, but the ad shows like the screenshot in the OP. If I block it, it nuke the CSS

Surprisingly enough it stopped happening about 30 minutes ago. Tried refreshing to get a better screenshot, no ad after 30 or so refreshes.

I keep seeing these threads being made yet I have never had issues using firefox with 4chanx, ublock origin, and umatrix. Are you guys using a chromium based browser?

Update your uBlock filter lists

I'm using a Chromium based browser, but it happens on Firefox as well. It stopped showing up for me for some reason, but I'll take a screenshot if it pops up again.

First thing I did.

>new
Have you been living under a rock?

>happens on Firefox as well
PEBCAK then

I meant new as in relative to the one back in December. Its nearly 3am here and the only thing keeping me awake is sheer autism about this shit.