What's the newest pre-backdoor hardware you can buy? I'm guessing nothing past 2002-2003

What's the newest pre-backdoor hardware you can buy? I'm guessing nothing past 2002-2003

I know intel has been comprimised since Pentium III, but what was the last safe year for AMD CPUs? I've heard 2008 from some people and up to 2013 from others.

It seems like the only option for an impenetrable machine is Y2K hardware or earlier, which is too weak to load any security-centered linux distros

Attached: 1525833767929s.jpg (250x250, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techarp.com/guides/complete-meltdown-spectre-cpu-list/2/
puri.sm/products/librem-15/
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
homebrewcpu.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Clintons are the ones that started the backdoor craze, so you're looking at pre 90s hardware

AMD FX is probably the newest stuff you can buy that is pre backdoor, then software becomes a concern but at least the hardware is good.

Attached: 2017-08-26-484.jpg (4000x2248, 1.25M)

How do we know it's safe? 2011 seems a little bit too new to be bulletproof

It sounds too good to be true so its hard to believe

It does sound too good because it was current CPU for so many years, but they even had Opterons for this AM3+ socket.

Prime 95 even thinks it's the K10 phenom II architecture but Bulldozer was really called K15.

>pic

Attached: Prime 95.png (1437x853, 126K)

to be fairly honest I'm pretty retarded when it comes to cpu knowledge

what does that mean? Is it good?

I think it's a good thing, Phenom II never seemed to have these security problems and FX is very similar to that, even has phenom backward support on the AM3+ socket..

Attached: IMG_0221.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

So anything bulldozer or earlier is good to go?

Are there any decent older laptops which use an AMD cpu?
Keep in mind I'm not just looking for something invulnerable to spectre, I'm willing to use older stuff if it means I can remove any possible security holes

Well everything AMD has made since 2003 is vulnerable to spectre, I'm just not sure if you can even use anything that old as a main rig.

techarp.com/guides/complete-meltdown-spectre-cpu-list/2/

They didn't mention amd's Brisbane on that list, so consider that.

Wait it is mentioned, im an idiot.

>too weak to load any security-centered linux distros
How about buildroot

Why is it so hard to make my computer cianigger-proof

What does AMD have that's good pre 2003? If it runs windows xp it can probably run stripped gentoo

You can take a look at Librem 15. They disabled all the critical parts of Intel ME and in the process of removing it completely. puri.sm/products/librem-15/

If it's not enough for you, you can look at this raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

Make your own CPU out of transistors and write an is yourself
It's not that hard
Not joking

>Not joking
that's even worse, but it takes some courage to admit to being clinically retarded

>Why is it so hard to make my computer cianigger-proof
because the cia niggers made your computer

homebrewcpu.com/
you could do this, but some guy who did only has like a 5mhz 8 bit cpu.

Yeah I know . Telnet port is still up !
I have seen a lot of projects and I had designed my own architecture but I never got around to building it because I want to hand wire it instead of getting a PCB .
Or maybe I should give up and get a PCB idk

>Librem 15
You know, this would be nice. But I absolutely hate it.

They should have made it look like a toughbook/thinkpad hybrid with a rugged thick form factor
But no
For the next generation secure laptop they decide to make it look like a late-2000s piece of shit HP thin chicklet trashbook
This shit makes me want to vomit

I don't know why this pisses me off so bad, but it had potential