but now Linux can't handle a shutdown now with systemd
second case of Linux proving it's %100 pure trash
software: Logind jumps back to the login page
every goddamn time I login. fuck looking through logs
and googling how to fix this. I'm so sick of Linux these
days. I miss running ubuntu 10.10 when the damn
thing just worked. that was before developers got
high on their own farts are pushed shit Unity, which
was broken day one and they could Never fix the damn.
They eventually abandoned it because foss dens
can't develop worth shit
Now you have systemd shitting up the place
with constant bugs
Devs are a bunch of retards that think new = good
and so they have ripped everything piece of software
that actually "works" and put in shit software
to replace with inconstant shit
Why the fuck was ifconfig replaced with a shit firewall
project's junkware that was hacked together?

Linux is a trash fire, a time sink, waste of effort
fuck tits damn it

Attached: MT9SChTij2Dil7N8Q2CBGpg2h1bOAE-3oiYP-N61-sE.jpg (576x382, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voidlinux.eu/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html
google.com/search?ei=rz4MW4OBGsf4jwS8tZ7wCw&q="2018" linux wifi card doesn't work&oq="2018" linux wifi card doesn't work&gs_l=psy-ab.3...11836.15724.0.15935.22.22.0.0.0.0.106.1679.21j1.22.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.19.1472...0i22i30k1j33i21k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.iEWhlHnD5Gc
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/1489/is-mac-os-x-unix
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>systemd
Found your problem.

they've ripped a lot of good tools and replaced it with shitd, but that's not the only thing that got moved and replaced with broken buggy apps.

I stay with Win7
All ull ever need ina few clicks and its always works.
Terminal? Commands? Compile? Random issues? Wasting actual tiem to make it barely usable?
FUCK LINUX AND ITS AUTISM, I HAVE A FUCKING LIFE FOR FUCKS SAKE, FUCK YOU ALL OBESE LOSERS

Attached: rage1.jpg (388x379, 16K)

>appletoddler baby duck

>All ull ever need ina few clicks and its always works.
oh boy

?
what? U seriously telling me u prefer to type iterally endless commands every single fucking day because X shit broke?
fuck off lonely neckbeard, i apreciate my time to waste it with a manchild toy
kys

Attached: D9591F9D25724E51A1B0D60CB24B410B.jpg (640x628, 40K)

I'd say the same to you

>use windows
>everything breaks, nothing is where it is supposed to be, have to autistically search through 1000 badly-designed control panel menus to find the one thing I need

>install linux
>everything just werkz out of the box, even my 15-year-old ink printer that doesn't even have windows drivers available online anymore
>changing a setting takes 10 seconds tops because the people who designed linux DEs are actually smart

>Linux
>complaints about systemd
Install Void. I'm running one on remote NUC with xfce4 and have no problems whatsoever.

never played with void, but I might just give this one last shot

I first used Linux (Mint) in 2012, and liked it alright but disliked that a lot of applications I was trying to use required what seemed like an excessive amount of config.

I last month got a Thinkpad and installed Ubuntu (I use Tensorflow a lot in work so wanted something that was officially supported), Installed i3 and set a few config settings and now I can safely say I will never move back to another non-linux OS as long as I live. The configuration settings and ability to tweak every little part of my system to improve my experience is something I have come to value so much. Maybe you will experience something similar in the future OP.

uh user I wouldn't do that lol

kek
voidlinux.eu/news/2018/05/serious-issues.html

>how does linux fuck up a _______
linux fucks nothing up, it's a simple kernel that you build to something. Anything that brakes is on you faggot. Either git good or get lost. People who use it, usually do from utalitarian point of view, so if you don't need it than just fucking drop it. Wanker

P.S majority of devices run on linux and majority of computer science/engineering is done on it from practical reasons. Just because you only see the commercial part of linux doesn't mean it's some hipster-trend to do. Drop your phone and stop using websites if you hate linux/unix so much. Fucking wanker

DUDE
ill let trolling aside and just gonna be completele honest:
never, and I mean NEVER had those fake issues you're mentioning, everything breaks? U even serious...cmon
You enter Jow Forums and literally and unironically half of it its real life weird losers crying and bitching every single day because linux joke ass issues.
Im not joking, I value my time to waste it on something that wont imrpove my life.
Thats why Im replying to you, feels good to shit on your autism, enjoy losing years of your life fixing a toy, with a perfect alternative called Windows7 waiting in vain.
THERES SOMETHING LINUX ITS PERFECT FOR:
KEEPING WEIRD ASS LONELY OBESE NECKBEARDS IN THEIR SMELLY BASEMENTS MASTUURBATING TO CHINESE CARTOONS MADE BY PEDOPHILE TAIWANESE LOSERS.
EAT SHIT AND DIE FROM MORBID OBESITY FAGGOT.

Attached: received_2146845205536918.jpg (620x411, 24K)

>don't develop fast-enough higher-level language for easy development of graphical interfaces and software
>everyone has to program in C
>develop plethora of C libraries with problematic building, only linking and several layers of abstractions
>C doesn't handle abstraction well, programming in it is pain
>develop wrapping language that compiles to C
>the language is trash and incredibly slow
>develop yet another series of wrapping libraries, this time with JavaScript bindings
>and ofc continue removing features everyone likes and not adding those that everyone desires
C# and Swift was a good idea
this is why Apple wins

/thread/
made me kek in public
(Actually true desu)

>GOD I HATE HAMMERS SO MUCH
>HAMMER HATE THREAD
>WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST USE SCREWDRIVERS - SCREWDRIVERS ARE THE BEST !!!
>I HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE SCREWING MY SCREW WITH A FUCKING HAMMER
>I DOESN"T WORK !!!!!! >:(((((
>HURRR DURRR RR FUCKING HAMMERS

this is you

>nothing is where it is supposed to be
Use search
>have to autistically search
You just called yourself autistic lmao
>even my 15-year-old ink printer
Only you would be stupid enough to own a 15 year old printer.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that your setup works for you, and you should definitely stick with what you like. I was just explaining why I use linux

But I can't help but wonder how many levels of mental illness you're on, though, you seem volatile. Perhaps you should speak to a professional before you shoot up a church?

>Use search
windows search isn't that great
wasn't win10 search unable to find installed programs for a while back? that's unthinkably silly
>You just called yourself autistic lmao
the absolute state of the average Jow Forums user's reading comprehension
>Only you would be stupid enough to own a 15 year old printer.
sure showed me

>Linux Hate
Nah niggerfaggot. Linux is good now. Just use WSL in Windows 10. All the useful stuff with none of the unusable desktop linux flaws.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1527525996702.png (1000x820, 1.13M)

WSL is not Linux you dum dum

>sure showed me
Well I don't see you defending using a 15 year old printer.

Millions of people shutdown their Linux system just fine.
Have you ever considered that you are just incompetent?

I'm too lazy to keep up with you anymore, congratulations.

Attached: 1519263197792.jpg (806x938, 337K)

Ok, retard.

you're the one still a morbidly obese virgin about to commit suicide kek

Attached: 1526177164164.jpg (365x450, 75K)

it still works perfectly well and cartridges for this particular model are cheap as hell.

this, reminder that BigFootDE is under GNU umbrella

Keep sperging :^)

not him, but if it isn't broken and he can still buy ink for it, why get another one?

I just assumed printers got better in the last 15 years.

Nice quads nigger.
>nuc
There's problem 1.
>systemd
Problem 2.

Attached: hCF714B84.gif (500x280, 1.33M)

do people actually think this is real?

>nuc
What's wrong with this one?

not those who read wiki

probably in terms of the kinds of paper it can effectively print on or adding network capabilities, yeah
but if all you're doing is your basic document printing anyway, it's not worth replacing

Omg finally, WINDOWS REVOLUTION BEGINS, let's finish with install Gentoo useless bullshit and start with install windows!!

lol, thanks for the link pal
had a good chuckle

Stupid yuppie tech, that's what.

let me see you recompiling windows

>implying i have to

>I HAVE A FUCKING LIFE
browsing Jow Forums is not life retard
kill yourself

nothing, he's being stupid
the nuc actually is the most Linux supported system
currently on the market apart from pre-install Linux
hardware. it's the reason why I got one

>said to replace install gentoo with install windows
>gentoo can recompile everything
>so windows should be able to do the same
now show me how you recompile windows

>playing vidya
>life

How many of you linux fags actually play games on your broken source OS?
>inb4 hurr durr videogames are for fags,

>most linux supported system currently on the market
Build your goddamn own, dumbass.

Video games are for children.
Or fags.

>being this mad about anything

Attached: 3d-laugh.jpg (542x540, 17K)

>most Linux supported system
this phrase stopped being relevant in 2010

now, you should ask which systems are NOT well supported on linux instead of the other way around.

By and large, anything without a broadcom wifi chip will work perfectly fine out of the box (and broadcom wifi does as well, after you manually install broadcom firmware that linux can't install automatically for legal reasons)

>Build your goddamn own, dumbass.
Did you build your own laptop recently? I don't think so.

>implying the word 'compiling' is used in 'install Gentoo'
>implying it gives you any real improvement in 2018
>enjoy your 8 hours complying for such much improvement

Linux is a kernel. It is used in systems like GNU and Android

you don't build a desktop you manchild
you put it together. the nuc is a intel cpu, intel
moba with intel chipset, a fan and power supply.
All I had to do was put a hdd in
what a retarded post you made.
have you ever put together a pc before little boy?
Ever seen what linux does on AMD cpu? it not pretty
>hurr put together your own pc and it will be better

>enjoy your broken drivers

you're wrong mate
google.com/search?ei=rz4MW4OBGsf4jwS8tZ7wCw&q="2018" linux wifi card doesn't work&oq="2018" linux wifi card doesn't work&gs_l=psy-ab.3...11836.15724.0.15935.22.22.0.0.0.0.106.1679.21j1.22.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.19.1472...0i22i30k1j33i21k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.iEWhlHnD5Gc

>complying
ayy lmao

>having to prove it by showing an article from Google's 8th page made by some butthurt virgin

basically people have wifi bluetooth sounds and loads of driver issues with linux
this is just wifi issues people have in 2018
google ""2018" linux wifi not working" and you'll see

>using grammar mistake as an argument
*tips fedora*

I have no idea what you are bitching about. I use Arch and never have any issues.

>>>/reddit/

Of course you didn't, all you do is posting on desktop threads

Is your NUC a laptop? Didn't think so.

Meanwhile everything is smooth sailing on my i7 16gb, non-retina macbook pro from 2012, GPU is becoming an issue performance wise, but for most tasks still pretty ok. I'm at pickle thou, current Mac hardware is total utter shit, Microsoft has some interesting hardware, sadly ruined by Botnet 10 OS. Honestly not sure what I would update to.

Attached: still_alive.png (717x489, 288K)

I can't, my Gentoo is still compiling

Have you seen the proprietary shit you get in an Intel NUC?
And yes, if you actually did your research and put a desktop together from parts you picked out, you might have a better experience. Why? Because by the time you're looking at them, someone has tested them. You can find out the easy way how well they work with the distro of your choosing.

Attached: boulder.jpg (500x495, 90K)

>Is your NUC a laptop?
Pretty close to it.
>didn't think so
Just as I thought. Come back when you do.

>put a desktop together
My NUC is mounted on a wall besides a TV.

Every year I hear "It's going to get better!"... but it only gets worse.

Attached: 1299487861401.jpg (455x515, 39K)

Oh fucking well? It's just a proprietary ITX system.

>Oh fucking well? It's just a proprietary ITX system.
So? It's a working system in a compact form with a good fand that can be mounted on the wall.

It doesn't even have a PSU inside.

Paзpeшитe пpepвaть Bac. To, чтo вы нaзывaeтe Linux - пo фaктy GNU/Linux, или кaк я нeдaвнo нaчaл нaзывaть, GNU+Linux. Linux - этo нe oпepaциoннaя cиcтeмa, a cкopee cвoбoдный кoмпoнeнт cиcтeмы GNU, кoтopaя cocтoит из GNU Corelibs, кoнcoльных yтилит и дpyгих кpитичecких кoмпoнeнтoв, кoтopыe дeлaют GNU oпepaциoннoй cиcтeмoй coглacнo POSIX.
Бoльшинcтвo пoльзoвaтeлeй иcпoльзyют мoдифициpoвaннyю cиcтeмy GNU нe ocoзнoвaя этoгo. Mнoгиe нaзывaют этo "Linux", пoтoмy чтo нe ocзнaют чтo этo GNU, paзpaбoтaннaя paзpaбoтчикaми GNU. Дa, тaм ecть Linux, нo этo вceгo лишь чacть тoгo, чтo oни иcпoльзyют.
Linux этo ядpo, пpoгpaммa, кoтopaя pacпpeдeляeт pecypcы кoмпьютepa мeждy дpyгими пpoгpaммaми. Ядpo - вaжнaя чacть OC, нo ядpo - этo нe OC, oнo мoжeт фyнкциoниpoвaть тoлькo в OC. Linux oбычнo иcпoльзyют c кoмпoнeнтaми cиcтeмы GNU, пo cyти GNU c дoбaвлeнным ядpoм Linux, кopoчe, GNU/Linux. A вce, чтo нaзывaeтcя "Linux" - этo пo-фaктy диcтpибyтивы Linux.

Attached: rms-you.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>I HAVE A FUCKING LIFE FOR FUCKS SAKE
No you don't, you browse Jow Forums.

Best cartoon
Masterfully made

mirin the dubs and email linebreaks

install openbsd or alpine linux

GNU/Linux has always sucked on the desktop.

Linux is a kernel.

I know that feel OP, left back for Windows and then moved to Mac when I had a chance.

macOS is a Unix with a decent UI and nice apps. If only their hardware wasn't so overpriced but I'm ok to pay for not configuring shit all night.

kys shill

die from morbid obesity lol

MacOS is not Unix.

> All but one release of Mac OS X (now macOS) has been certified as Unix by The Open Group, starting with 10.5
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/1489/is-mac-os-x-unix

UNIX is a trademark, you can buy certs for it.
Unix was a system in the 70s.

When I glue feathers on my ass, am I a chicken?

> getting into an argument because he's cocksure something must be written in uppercase

Jow Forums in a nutshell

Great. You can still pick out parts and build one yourself.

>use win10 that came with PC
>install ubuntu with one click through windows store
>instantly have all the same tools as linux users except now I also have working drivers and c states.
>laugh at people compiling their own shit and troubleshooting little nit picky issues with bugs for days
>go outside, enjoy life :)

Drop systemd. Install gentoo. It's the final passing.

I use linux because I'm a poorfag

he's right, you're retarded

nice try richfag

A lot of people with similar complaints are jumping ship to BSD. I kinda felt the same way the other day when I issued a shutdown -h now on Debian for Raspberry Pi and it couldn't find shutdown. Apparently systemctl poweroff and systemctl reboot are what is used in Poettering/Linux.

huh

Just got humilated by my family thx loonix.
Plot: tried to plug my lubuntu laptop with HDMI to my TV. Spent 10 minutes to setup screens (different resolution and refresh rate), audio output and molotov (a tv stream software) fucked up because lul the linux client is 3 years old.
Tldr brb to win 8.1 pro

nice blog how do I subscribe

reddit .com/u/stallmanisafraud