Windows 10 is bloated

>windows 10 is bloated
here's why you're wrong linux anime neets

Attached: Untitled.png (669x608, 26K)

>1.1G idling
don't get me wrong lunix is shit but that does seem a bit bloated

your bait game is weak, try harder next time

Attached: 4h2pdxwa3ftz.gif (500x640, 2.97M)

You can run a full-featured linux distribution in under 256MB. I think even Ubuntu MATE can run in only 512MB comfortably. Windows 10 is bloated.

>Ubuntu MATE can run in only 512MB comfortably
Until you open something

>what is dynamic caching/prefetching

Attached: 1496573278614.png (300x250, 18K)

GNU/Linux*

Linux is just a kernel.

>1GB in use
That's 2x more than it should be, bloatfag.

>2018
>not being able to have a 4gb of RAM
Are you living under a tree?

>CPUlet
mfw

Attached: 4ccef2bbc9b5bf8163c5d7c4abc0af58--wanna-liberty.jpg (500x431, 23K)

The Fedora28 anaconda installer requires 1GB of ram to run the netinst. I just tried installing on my 512mb ram vps and sure enough, nope.

Can't deal with 10.

Honestly as of late with this 1803 update, I often feel the system trying to drag itself down on purpose. I'm thinking of going back to 8.1 because I can't think of anything Windows 10 provides for me that could make the experience any better.

Then use puppy or tinycore

>MS taking one from apple's book

wow, who knew goblin companies are anti consumer

Those are meme distros that nobody uses. The point still remains, if you want a graphical linux distro with modern features it's going to require 1gb of ram, which is not a big fucking deal in 2018 unless you are an ultra poorfag

try installing ubuntu desktop with 2gb ram (netbook). crashes during the progress 7 times out of ten. install+update is a big no no. windows10? it just werks.

Why can't Linux into caching? I have 16 GB of ram, it should make use of it not leave it unused.

you don't say?

Attached: 2018-05-28-142102_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

looks awful

outside the scope of this thread

Bullshit, I have two identical laptops at work and surprise surprise the windows 10 one is slower to compile fucking ASP.NET

Linuxbabs can't into prefetching

Things are supposed to get better with time, not worse.

which ubuntu?

fedora was never a lightweight distro

>memorylet

Okay, but show us your config so we can see all the shit you've got turned off. If we can't see how totally neutered your install is, it kind of defeats the argument.

Just installed W10 1803
give protips on how to make it a nice experience.

GNUtards don't reply.

Linux is a blanket term for Linux distributions, why would including the name of a software bundle that isn’t even used in all distros be any better? You’re a hypocrite for suggesting people say GNU/Linux without including the name of every other software on their system.

Not really you dumb anime sissyboy

This doesn't show how much is being cached to the hard drive. Anything less than 16GB and Windows is constantly reading/writing to the disk drive.

Also, this can, and will change over time depending on the updates that come through.

Attached: This one is going in my cringe folder.jpg (800x800, 100K)

I'm not installing windows so fuck off Mr. Gates.

That's fucking horrible, I can get Windows 7 down to 120mb idle. Windows 8.1 down to 200mb. Nothing can be done about Windows 10. They have worked their asses off trying to make it more of a toy that can't be fucked with in any way.